Needed that push
Just want to thank all of you ladies and especially Dani99 for giving me that push to get checked by the doctor.  Next month I will have blood drawn to see if I am in fact ovulating.  I just need to start taking the bull by the horns and making things happen.

you go girl!!! good luck and God bless!! i hope it all works out for you. let us know!
they can actually do blood test to see if you are ovulating???
how does that work?.. like what will it tell them?
Your welcome.  Please let me know how your result turns out.  I just went in today for my blood test.  I will keep my fingers crossed for you!!

Jane24-  They can check your progestrone level 7 days after you ovulate to determine if your level is in the right range to conceive, generally over 15.  And then it needs to be at 20 to maintain the pregnancy.  With all of my pregnancies I had to be on serophene to raise my progestrone level. It worked each time!!! I always had irregular period before my kids were born.  That's why my doctor suggested the testing.  Sometimes I would skip months at a time.
Do you think they can do this blood test if you request it even if you haven't been trying to get pregnant for very long or is it something they do after you have been trying for awhile?  Can your regular OB do this or do you have to go to a fertility specialist?
I believe your doctor would do it if you request it.  My doctor is not a specialist.  It is just a simple blood test to test your progestrone level one week (7 days) after ovulation.  You will have to use an ovulation preditor so you know what day you ovulated.  Good luck!  If you have any other questions please let me know.