Maternal & Child Community
Negative test after 2 days of embryo transfer.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Hi, my name is Ana, 32 (in may 16), Brazilian. I have PCOS.

I went through my 4 IVF cycle . My embryo transfer was made on saturday morning. We transfer 2 , Looking good blastocyst, everything was ok. I just felt same cramping but nothing bad. Then I though this time Things will be different.
The Dr. said not to take the pharmacy test , it will be positive because of the HCG injection I did Last saturday(04-26) at 8:00pm, But I couldn't wait. I took this morning and it was negative. Is that possible? It was only 9 days after the HCG injection I suppose it will be positive. Does that same thing happen with anybody here before. Should I call the Dr.?
Hope everybody can understand what I wrote.
Thank you!

hey hi. I too underwent my first IVF embryo transfer on dec 20th 2007. But yes I know what the 2ww is like. its like going through hell everytime you think of what will happen in the test. Bbut you have to wait for atleast 12days before you get ur upt done. that is because since u were on hcg shots prolly the hcg levels remain until 8-10days of the shots . That is why your preg test will show positive in all cases. inshort let me make things easier for you to understand that if a man is given hcg shots he too willl be shw positive if he gets pregnancy test done . so please wait > lots and lots of baby dust to u and best of luck :) hugs
hey i forgot to mention to u that i too am a pco condition :P and im 31 too :) so dont worry and be happy and after transfer do not lift anything heavy or do not stress yourself in anyways try to be as happy as possible. The more you think about it and stress yourself the more it has negative effects unfortunately. i tried to keep my mind off it  everytime i was tempted to get the upt done before the scheduled date :) if ur test shows negative go in for a beta hcg test that will confirm ur doubts .
Thank you for you comment. That help!
I call the Dr assistant and she was very mad becouse of What I did, but told me to be calm and wait, that my hormones is goig to star goig up after the implantation. And I also went to see my acupuncturist , she is the best.
But tel me where are you from?
hi ana. yes sweety u need to be calm and since i was in the same situation as ur in today I very well understand you excitement. hugs. I am an indian staying in the middle east :) Do as ur dr says. I too waited and waited. for me those 12 days wait period were like 12 years. Do let me know when ur preg is confirmed :) lots and lots of love and baby dust to u and all who ttc
Thank you, monday is the day. I'll let you know the news!
sure will definetly wait for the news ... best of luck
Hi Ana,

I am Brazilian too. I went through my 5 IVF cycle using egg donor.  My embryo transfer was made on Monday, unfortunately I had transfered only 1 because the rest wasn't strong the blastocyst weren't good enouth.

Wo worries about time. Your Dr. is completely right because the pharmacy test sometimes bring some pression for us. My last time was positive using it and I ended up having a negative blood test. Just take your time, and please wait (por favor espere).

My blood test will be on Monday as well!!!

Beijos linda e boa sorte!

Hi. I'm happy to see a Brazilian here.
But you went through 5 IVF, all of them whit egg donor? Or just this time?
I told the doc. with doesn't  work this time, I would do Donor egg too.
I'm sorry to ask, but where do you leave? I'm From Boston, and go to Boston IVF, I see the same Doc. for about 6 years.
To : All
I've stared spotting yesterday and was pink. I wake up this morning and still there But a little be more, My breasts are still sore, but I think is because of the progesterone suppositories that I am taking. I'm having a lot hurt burn lately, my acupuncturist said is a good sine, I think it was spicy food. I'm still having small cramps.
Hope every thing is fine, my husband comes every night from work but his hands in my Tommy and say... Hi guys dad is home, and  sticky in there daddy already loves you...  That kills me. I really want that to work. I already lobe them too.
Thank to you all.
Hi!
Now is late afternoon on sunday and my bleeding is getting worse. I went so see my acupuncturist at noon and she told me to go home and rest. I go to do the blood work tomorrow morning.
Freaking out right now..
Hello, unfortunately my numbers came out too low 10.8 and the nurse said that I probably had a chemical pregnancy, maybe the embryos implant but it did stay. I really don't know what that means is the first time mine implant. And its been really hard to know that they were here that they did implant and now they are gone. I keep blaming  myself.

I don't know how to deal with that feeling. Is that ever  going to go away?

Please help me!
It's not your fault you didn't carry the baby. It just wasn't meant to be this time. I am soooo sorry. It will take time but yes it will get better.
Thank you for the words. I really feel blessed because I found this forum and I found people like you.

It really helped me a lot.

Good night
hi,I had my first ivf done.now waiting for the results.my embryo transfer was on yesterday ( 24/3/2009).i am going back for blood test on this saturday 28/3/2009.the waiting periods of 2 weeks to confirm about the pregnancy is like few years time..questions keep on spining in my head.what if i failed?
i had day3 embryo transfer.i heard that day5 in blastocyt stage would be better.
by the way, im pcos too.currently am in dubai.hope to hear any news from you.
hi dear, if u go t other post it says cramps after day 5 transfer 2ww.thats the latest post every one there is new & like u who is 2ww  ,u will see go to that post that will help.1st of all goodluck & baby dust on ur way. .about 3 day verses 5day dosent make any difference.i had experience thats y iam telling u,i had my 1st ivf last month in feb(2009)i had 7 5 day blast,they transfer 1 embroyo they said that one of the best 5 day embroyo,grade was 5AA,with hatching so they transfer only one & gues what report came negative.so it doesnt matter,u just take care .eat good & dringk as much as fluids u can& try to keep ur self busy,dont think any thing specialy no negetivity.good luck lots & lots of baby dust.
hi,thanks for your reply..u r right..nth i can do now but to keep myself healthy.waiting period really killing me.i can only keep my finger cross and pray that everything goes on well and the two embryos are growing well.
i had my 1st iui on last august,i was lucky enough to get pregnant for the first time..luck doesnt seemed to side me all the time.i had early biochemical miscarriage at 5weeks plus...the first beta reading was very low so dr told me not to put to much hope.but second better inceasing very well..but i had bleeding...from there ended my very first pregnancy.
so u manage to get pregnant?if yes lots of congrats.....if not then keep trying...one day u will be able to hold ur baby in your arm....
hi dear,
so how r u???2 more day to go,just keep ur self busy in watching good funny movies & all dont stress ur self,try to be happy & bussy.& drink lots of fliuds.i will pray 4 u.&tons & tons of baby dust.
about me no iam not pregnent yet.iam going to try 2nd IVF in april,with frozen embys.right now iam doing accupuncture i heard from lots of people that accu helps to keep u relax,& that what i want.we r trying from last 5,6 years,did 3 IUI didnt work,1-IVF negative.i have stage 1 endometriosis,for which i did leprscopy 3years ago,i have high prolactin for that iam taking medicine.thats all i have rest is perfect,according to my RE if 2nd IVF wont work then she want me to do leproscopy again according to my RE endo---might came back.so let see i hope 2nd ivf will work for us,its very frustrating to wait & then hear negative report.very hard,.anyways goodluck to u,i hope ur embys stick tight inside u,talk to them (embys) that stay with u,talk to them like u have baby inside u.goodluck.
the way u wrote date(24/3/2009) looks like u r not in USA.iam in CA,takecare.
hi..how are you?well u r right cause am not in usa.Im currently in dubai due to my hubby work relocation.i will be going to my clinic later on in the noon..guess they wanted to check my hormones level whther in normal range or not.i think i wont be able to find out so soon about positive pregnancy or not.
but on yesterday daytime i had slight cramp and discomfort.i read a lot from the net that it is a good sign (implantation)..hopefully it is really a good sign for me..but i was too foolish to have an upt...result was negative....guess it's stil too early to find out cause its only day4 after Et.should i be feeling any other sign?breast tenderness and lower back pain are due to medication right?then its hard to rule out the real sign of pregnant.
it must be a real hard time for you to undergo second ivf..i wish i have the courage.cause im too scare to go through all these anymore..i feel so guilty to my husband but he never blame me and keep on supporting me...i feel worse...
plus i dont have any frozen embies for future.all the eggs are not mature enough and manage to retrieve 5.only 2 manage to concieve (conceive) and be healthy.so if i got to repeat the ivf,i have to starts with all the needles again.....and surgery.gosh~
hear from you soon..will update you about my result..take care.god bless
hi ,how r u feeling now???so did u go for ur blood work,i gues they checked ur progestrone level.did they tell u when they gonna do pregnency test.??do u still feel any cramps???my prayers r with u.lots of baby dust.takecare.
hi,yupe...the blood test was just to check my hormones level..i think progesterone and estrogen.the nurse said the reading was good but i still have to start a new medication called proglyuton which consist of two coloured tablets..white and brown.i was told to take the white one only and put it under my tongue.the med contain estradiol which is important for the wall lining too..it have funny taste and sweet.
i have the cramp on and off..the feeling its like you wanna have your period soon.my breasts are sore and painful...i have to return to the clinic on the coming thursday for another blood test.i think still can rule out whether am pregnant or not.
so how are you and things going on?my prayers are with you too..
hi,good to hear about ur cramps,& BB is sore,thats a good sign.again can get becasue of progestrone too,but its a good sign too.so hopefully its a implantation pain.how u doing now?????
iam doing ok still waiting,they ask me to check ovulation every day starting from 04/04/09,& the day i will ovulate i have to let them know then they will decide next step.
goodluck 4 ur 2nd blood work.lots of baby dust.keep in touch.
hi..good to hear from u again..today i was notti enough to do another upt......i did twice...but all very faint line....can it be positive?
the progyluton will not give false positive result right?am not sure abt it....hopefully it is really +..my cramps are still on and off....
hopefully everything in you goes on well.......take care....
hi cindy,
let me ask u ,did u took HCG injection b4 retrivel???if yes then u can get false result with HPT. it takes 14 days to vanish from the body so if u do HPT b4 14 days u can get false result.also its too early to do HPT.how many days it been after ET???u should atleast wait 12 days to test HPT.hope for good.if u getting faint line that could be a good news,i hope ur faint line gets darker & darker.goodluck
hi,today is my day 8.i called the nurse and ask her..she said the hcg that i took before the egg retrieval was only 3000u and it's a low dose compare wt other ladies.she said it is due to my PCOS condition that i might be hyperstimulate and by now should be none at all.
she said its a good sign that it is positive and i might be pregnant...but am still worry and dont want to be disapointed..
tmrw morning i will be going back to the clinic to hv my beta hcg test...keeping my fingers cross..
hi cindy,WOW thats a great news that nurse also said it might be good sign,my dear dont worry u will hear a good news,wow so tomorrow is the day ,thats good,so finaly ur waiting gonna over tomorrow u will know that congratulations,ur test came positive,u r pregnent.lots of lots of sticky vibes,my prayers r with u.just relax ok.3000u that must be progestrone level not hcg,i gues.goodluck dear.let me know about tomorrows result as soon as u will know.takecare.
hey.did another upt in the morning before i went to the clinic..the line getting a little darker.....i was so happy but meanwhile am worried about the blood test result..wad if it comes out negative.....my whole world will crash.....sigh.....will get my result in the evening....will let u know..take care
i have my results.....the nurse said its a good sign....my reading for day9 is 35.2..at least there is 80percent for the baby to grow...have to repeat my blood test on saturday to see the progress....
but my progesterone hormone is a little low so got to increase the progesterone supp dosage....and start my duphaston now...
im really over the moon but i still worry the beta reading will drop.......hopefully it will double by saturday..i think the only that i can do now is keep myself happy...hopefully everything goes on well....take care
hi cindy,WOW congratulations girl,thats a beautiful news.35.2 at day 9 is a wonderful number.my dear congratulations,u did it.iam so so so happy 4 u.just dont think that num will go down think that it is increasing its going up,keep visulising that it is going up,talk to ur baby .& now u have to take care of ur self more than ever now u klnow someone is inside u.so girl take care .& keep informing me.once again congratulations.
hi..thanks for ur congrats.....my husband is very happy....hopefully im able to carry the baby to full term..been thinking will it be twin.not so greedy..hehe if manage to carry one im happy enough.
so hows everything in u?went back to the clinic to check up?take care..lots of baby dust
hi dear,i hope everything goes good 4 u,u have good healthy 9months.i have appointment for my 2nd U/S in sat.they will check my follicles.takecare.
hi..today my upt line gets darker and darker..hubby was thrilled when he saw it..kept on asking me will it be twin..
hopefully everything goes on well as planned..update me any news about you k?will inform you about my second blood test on tomorrow..take care
hopefully its twins ,becasue u tested on ur 9th day & it was35.2,normal clinic check between 12 to 14 days .baised on ur number i feel its twins.keep ur fingers cross.goodluck.lots of baby dust.
hi dear...i just got my result....the hcg is 177 and progesterone 61..today is my day11...will be going back again on next wednesday..so how are you?if am not wrong today is your scan day right?hows everything...hope everything good..my prayers are with you..lots of baby dust..take care..hear from you soon
hi,wow thats great 177 on day 11.lets hope 4 twins.so far that what i gues.goodluck dear.takecare of ur self good.yes i went for us today they siad my lining looks good 8,follicle is still growing 12.so i have to go for another us on mon .i will no more detail on mon .so mostlikely i will ovulate anytime nextweek .i will let u know.please pary for me.u r in my prayers.takecare.
hi...dont worry.of course i will pray for you k..just think that after this Im geting pregnant and i wont have to do anymore ivf...somtimes thats what i think.hehe...take care..
thanks dear.takecare.
hi,hows your day?i just got back my blood result for this morning.my hcg for day 15 is 1017...they want me to come in for scan on this coming sunday..im so nervous yet so happy....dear dont worry,everything will be fine k?have faith in yourself..my prayers are with you.take care..lots of baby dust
1017 is verygoodnumber touchwood.iam telling u ,u r blessed with twins,good for sunday,let me know right away.takecare.eat good.my updates:went for another U/S today linig is good,follicle is 18mm,getting ready for ovulation any time tomorrow or day after tomorrow,then in 6 to 7 days transfer.i hope this is it for me too.lots ofbabydust take care.
Dear agini,

I just found this forum and i'm so happy to see your story here. I almost have the same cycle time as you. i had the transfer on April 2nd. Now is my Day 8 after transfer. Tomorrow I have appt and I'm so nervous. I just started getting a little cramps today and other than that I have no symptoms at all... Why you were testing hcg? did you test it before Day 11 after the transfer?

hi,looks like u got wrong info, actualy my transfer will be anytime nextweek,iam doing frozen embroyo transfer.about ur cramp thats a goodsign,that might be ur implantaion cramps,goodluck to u,dont get nervous,just relax & think positive ,about HCG thats a harmonal blood count ,thats the count which tells u u r pregnent or not.so they might check HCG level tomorrow normaly they check day 8,9 progestrone some clinic they check HCG aslo on day 9,but most of the clinics they check HCG between day 12 to 14.dont worry .u will hear a good news.lots & lots of baby dust &sticky vibes.takecare,is this ur 1st IVF????
hi,i had similar situation with you.i had slight cramp on day6 of my 3days ET.on the next day i tested a faint positive line...but my nurse doesnt reallly encourage me to do that cause it might be positive due to left over of the pregnyl shot that u had before egg retreival.but its okay for me cause i had a very low dose of pregnyl shot cause im PCOS.

the very first blood test that i had was on my day 4 of ET to check on my hormonal levels.my day 9 blood test ruled out the pregnancy....my reading on day 9 was 35 which i was told it is a good number....so dont worry...everything will be fine to you...trust me.the cramp was a good sign..take care..lots of baby dust.....hear from you soon..
just got back from the clinic.had my very first ultrasound done..manage to see one beautiful gestational sac..so far cant see the yolk sac.but from the pregnancy calculation shouldnt i b 5 weeks now.but the ultrasound showed like am aroun 4weeks plus...kinda worry..will go back for another ultrasound on next sat.
so hows your day?when are you going for the frozan embryo transfer?all the best to you..may god bless you with a baby this time..lots of baby dust..take care....
hi dear ,in first U/S noramly u cant see much so dont worry u r fine.take care.eat good.my transfer day is on wed 15th april,iam so scared .u takecare goodluck.u r in my prayer.& please pray 4 me.
hi dear...dont worry too much k?it will affect it..take it easy.i know actions are tougher than words but nth u can do...just take a deep breath and have faith in God..he is always there for us....
you are having how many days of transfer?hope to hear good news from you..my prayers are with you..take care...
Hi, I was reading all the stories and am very happy to share my feelings with you. I had my transfer on Friday April 10, 2009 and I am still in bed. I feel some cramps and dizzy but don't know if this is due to bed rest .does anybody have the same
Mikaella
wow...good to hear that you are in bed rest after the transfer..actually my dr didnt mention anything about bed rest.but i still did it..as a precaution and to relieve myself...
i think the cramps that u have now are due to the transfer..i had it too...
u did how many days of transfer?ur first ivf?hopefully and all the best to you...lots of baby dust..mine was only a 2 days transfer and my very first ivf.
i had ultrasound done after my day19 ET.saw a beautiful gestational sac but no yolk sac which make me worry...according to the days im in 5 weeks...supposingly able to see it...anyway i will be back for another ultrasound on this coming sat..
what u can do now is think positively and have faith in yourself..all the best..take care
hi thanks .i have 6 frozen day5 balstocyst .so they might transfer 2 of them.i will let uknow on wed.takecare.& goodluck 4 ur 2nd U/S>u r in my prayer.
I'm sorry I did not update in time. I tried on Sat on my iphone, but this system did not work on my iphone. yesterday, when I tried again the site was under maintenance.

Anyway, I got great news!

I went to have my blood draw on last Saturday and the result proved that I am pregnant. My hcg was 64 and E2 was 1080. Both doctor and nurse were so happy because my case was kinda tough. I'm very thankful to get this great news before Easter day! Although this is my first cycle, I've been struggling to give up because of the pain from average of 4 injections per day since March 2nd. My cycle is pretty long. The spent about three weeks, maybe more than that, for stimulation to produce eggs. Basically, I don't produce any hormones on my own. I always depend on medication to get regular period. I've been told by my ed dr long time ago that I would need to see an infertility doctor when I'm ready to have a baby.

Cindy, yeah I guess my time table might be similar to yours now. Today is my Day 11 after Transfer. Doc asked me to go to have another blood draw tomorrow to confirm. So what day after transfer you have your first ultrasound?
You'll be fine. You sound like you have good embryo development. I will pray for your transfer tomorrow. Remember to drink lot of water half an hour before the surgery. They need to use ultrasound to monitor the position for putting the embryos.
WOW thats so great ,CONGRATULATIONS,iam so happy 4 u,u have a safe 9months goodluck dear.& thank u so much please keep praying for me my transfer is on wed 1pm.takecare.
thts a good news.CONGRATS!!yea i guess we are around the same cycle..you had blood withdrawn on the same day as mine day 9 too...my day 9 reading was only 35.2 but yours is 64..guess it might be twins..hopefully and mayb God bless you with twins.
i had my very first ultrasound on day 19 ( 12 March 2009 ) after transfer...my clinic only will do ultrasound once your hcg reading achieve 2000 and dont have to wait till 6 weeks.
we managed to see one beautiful gestational sac..cant wait to see it develope more..my next ultrasound will be either on coming sunday or monday.not sure yet cause they said they will give me a call.
thank God that u never gave up due to the injections..guess after all the hard work and hard time that you gone through are worthwhile..are you on any medication to maintane the wall lining?im on progesterone and estradiol medications cause both of my hormones are quite low..
take care of yourself and eat healthy..remember to start on folic acid..lets pray that both of us able to carry our babies to full term...hear from you soon...
all the best on wednesday k?cant wait to hear any good news from you..God bless.....take care.
I just had my second blood drawn today. The nurse said it will be normal if today's HCG reaches double of last time, which is around 130. Today is my Day 12 after my transfer. After 3 days, on Day 15 I will have another blood drawn. After that, sometime next week I will have ultrasound. Hopefully blood test result will be normal, with increasing hcg every time, as the nurse said. So on your Day 19 your hcg had reached 2000? That's incredible!, from 35.2 on Day9 to 2000 after 10 days?

I'm not sure about twins. I did put in two embryos, but for me one or two are okay, as long as they are healthy babies.

hi..good to hear from you.yup my day9 reading was 35.2 and day11 was 177 and day 15 was 1019...since the numbers are increasing beautifully so they decided to have an ultrasound ( on day 19 ) after my day15 blood test....
you are right...one or two babies doesnt matter...like what my dh said too....i did put 2 embryos too..guess we were nearly the same....
do you feel any different?like BB sores,fatigue and etc..sometimes i still have a little cramp on and off..yesterday a little mild...but today is okay..if you feel slight uncomfortable on your lower abdomen and a little cramp ( but no staining..touchwood)..have a rest and lie down..u will feel better...
hope to hear from you soon..take care..
That's great increase! Hopefully I will have similar number
I'm also on progestrone, both oil injection and capsule taking, and extrace as well. I'm lack of hormone. But I still don't understand why hcg will be there, because I was always on hcg injection before and I never stopped until the 36hrs before the eggs retrieval.

I don't feel much, only a little cramps in lower abdomen, just like before menses period or on the first day of period. My dr said I should feel different cramps like cut by sharp knife or sting by needle in lower abdomen.
I'm working everyday, and actually my dr said don't work too hard, but besides that, she asked me to walk everyday for exercise, to give the tiny babies more oxygen.
hi..surely your numbers will increase too..no worries.
hcg will remain in the body for several days.for normal ivf without any complications usually quite a high dose will be given.Im PCOS so i was given a low dose in order to prevent ovarian hyperstimulation.maybt thats why during egg retrieval we were manage to retrieve 5 eggs only..only 2 progressingly well..
you were to stop the hcg shot 36 hours prior the egg retrieval in order to let it mature and release the eggs.
i felt as what your dr said ..i had it on 30 march late evening and 13 april.i felt like cramp during menses accompanied by the feeling of sharp pain and intense on and off.it wont last long.sometimes it make me worried..but today i feel no cramp o pain at all...
working to hard usually lead to stress and too fatigue..which are not good for the baby.baby need to grow happily in a healthy environment..with mild cramp of course you can work as usual but too intense better not...Im not working..a full time house wife so i will go for late evening walk with my dog togather with DH.
guess if everything goes on well..both of our due date will be not far apart..take care..
FYI the hcg shot in your body can remain in your body up to 10 days after the retrieval.even a small traces will be able to give you a faint +ve line.As we know that every medication has it own half life ( half of the full time duration for the medication to be eliminate from the body ) and peak hour.our body will have its own way to eliminate the medication.some in urine or feces.for example if a medication half life is 3 days then it need 6 days to be fully eliminate..u get the pic?
that is why we need to take medication on time in order to replenish it back in the body.if you were given a stronger dosage of the pregnyl,it may take you up to 10-12 days to be fully eliminate.but the result may be slight vary due to different body.
thats what i learn during my nursing back home in my country.( but only half way done )
hoipefully Im able to give you some pic of it..
hi,how was your transfer?hope everything goes on well..take care and have a good rest.hear form you soon..lots of baby dust~
You should have been lying in bed for the last two days. You feel better now? hope to see you soon.

I my last blood test result was okay. HCG 144, E2 2000+, but low on Progestrone, around 20, if I remember it right. My doctor asked me to take another medication Endometrin instead of the regular progestrone tablets. Besides that, I'm still on 6mg Extrace intake and 6mg vaginal, 2cc progestrone oil injection, 3 200mg Progestrone intake by mouth.  Doctor said i need a lot of rest, so I took a day off yesterday....

Just had another blood test today, result is not out yet.

Cindy, hows your little baby(ies)now? Can  you see any improvement by ultrasound?
goodto hear that ur hcg level is doubbling,thats great.goodluck.take lots of rest.let me know about ur bloodwork report.about me yes iam in bed from last 2 days,& trying to feel symptoms,getting crazy to feel symptoms i know its too early to feel any symptoms but still u know i want to feel implantation cramps,i dont know when i will be able to feel that.u takecare.
hi,i was low on progesterone too.im on oral duphaston 10mg twice daily and supp 3x perday.i dont like the supp but no choice.still havent have my ultrasound yet cause they postpone it to either tomorrow ,sunday or monday..have to wait for their call...nice to hear that your numbers are doubling..its a good sign that the baby is growing....so when are you going to have your first ultrasound?bet you cant wait for it..i kept on staring at the ultrasound pic..cant believe that the little bean is growing inside of me...take care..
good to hear from you...dont worry about any of the signs yet..take a good rest in order for the embryo to grow and implant..i felt the implantation cramp on day6 of my transfer.its kinda early...but i took a hpt the day after and it was positive..
so have a very good rest and take care..no worries first.take care..lots of baby dust...you are in my prayers..
oh yea..by the way do you feel any changes in your waistline?my usual jeans seem to be tight now..cant really zip it up..hubby was happy cause he said bb is growing inside...
Sorry to respond this late. My computer at home had some problem, could not log in to this site... don't know why/

I got bad result on last Friday for the blood test. My HCG was only 240. According to the last hcg which was 144, my dr said it suppose to reach 400, however, mine is way too low. I've been so disappointed. My dr said this could be a so called "chemical pregnancy" and it's probably because this is my first few eggs released in my life, and they were not very healthy. ..

Yesterday I had my another blood test done. Result has not come yet. I'm so nervous. I think if HCG continues to show low, then I will probably have to start another cycle......
it's okay.though your result is low but it still climbing up.wait and see how it goes k.i know its hard but at least give it a try.there are some pregnant lady wt such number and increase too...take care..dont give up yet.
hope to hearing any good news from you.lots of baby dust
Last night I got the result finally for April 20. It was unbelievably great! It was 699 for HCG. Others I don't remember, all I care now is HCG...haha. Dr said I will go to have urine test done today and tomorrow another blood drawl. I don't feel much about cramps Did you have your urine test done? What's that for? When did you have your first ultrasound after transfer? Another thing, dr asked me to drink cranberry juice which can keep away Cystitis. You might need to drink that too, since it's general for pregnant woman.
wow..thats a good news..congrats.told you not to worry right..the little bean will stay strong inside.i had the very first scan on day 19 ( 12/2/09 ).it was only 4 weeks plus and all you can see is a gestational sac.on last monday exactly 6weeks (20/4/09) i had another ultrasound.the heart beats were unbelieveable..but i starts to feel dizzy all day long.this is due to the blood circulatory system to the baby too..so your body and brain blood supply cut down a little.when i stand in front of the stove to cooking,i feel like fainting too..

the urine test is to test is there any presence of protein ( preeclampsia,infection,kidney damage),sugar ( gestational diabetic),urinary tract infection,ketones ( not enough of carbohydrates intake) and blood cells or bacteria ( sign of infection) in it.no worrie,normal routine in pregnancy.u will have to repeat this throughout the pregnancy.

sometimes i do crave for cranberries juice.dont know why.i been having hard time in dubai cause im craving for my home country food.how about you?do your jeans get tighter?i cant wear mine at all..

so dont worry to much about your little bean.he/she will stay strong and fight for it.take good care of yourself so that you can provide the little bean enough nutrients and environment.when is your first scan?

I just had my urine test done an hour ago. I asked dr if I can drink Pomegranate juice she said okay, because I saw some information online that it's a little too "hot" for pregnant woman's body. I also asked her how many babies I have now, she said one. She's so sure... but one is still okay, hopefully I can carry her/him all the way to the end.

Now actually is my 5th week I think, today is my Day 20 after transfer. I asked my doctor when to have ultrasound, she said at least hcg climbs up to a few thousand, hopefully next or next next week. So does that mean my baby inside will be growing slower than yours because you've already be able to see at least a little sac on Day 19? What was your HCG level right before the ultrasound? I remember you said over 2000?

I did not feel much cramps, neither the waist size gain. I might eat a little more than before, but nothing much.
my dr only will do ultrasound once the hcg reading is above 2000.by the time i did the first ultrasound i was around 3000.if your reading doesnt achieve 2000,you cant see anything.
pregnant lady is classified as "oven making baby" and that is why we cant take too much heat..dont worry too much though your reading is rising a little slow.every women is different due to the body respond.your baby is doing great and working real hard to work things out.
so when will you have another blood test?i think you will have your scan maybe in a week time.
Thanks for all your encouraging words... Your baby seems to grow fast! So you heard the heart beats from both of them? I wish you the best for your babies! It's indeed a lesson...no matter what, my husband has learned how to take care of me...I learned how to better control my emotions....Sigh, but i just still frustrate from the injection. Right now my skin has become very itchy, especially when i'm sleeping, I could not stop scratching...so now it's like blue all there around...
I just had another blood test today. Hopefully today result will come out all right.
i only have one baby inside.wish i have two.but being blessed with one im happy enough..dr didnt measure the heart beats reading yet cause she said the baby is too small and might harm the baby.that time i was exactly 6weeks.according to her,everything is good.
i learn to control my anger too.im kinda bad tempered person and easily frustrated but now im totally new.learning to cope with different emotions aint easy.you must be happy cause your husband learned to take care of you even more.
but once you see your baby in ultrasound,all those frustration in injections and etc will be worth it.you will do your best to protect your baby no matter how.
im going to have another ultrasound on this coming saturday.will let you know the outcome.
as long as there are no any signs of cramp and bleeding,your baby is doing great.take care....
I got great result today!!! I can't believe what I heard! HCG is 2200. The nurse told me to see the dr on next Monday! I'm so hAAAPY! That means I at least have one baby....!! Like you said, it makes me happy enough!!! Monday will be my Day 26 after transfer...I don't know what should I expect to see....buy it much be very exciting! Can't wait...

I guess I did not feel much cramps and feelings is because I'm working everyday and did not pay too much attention...

I remembered you put in two embryos too, and you were not aware one is gone until the ultrasound? I mean any bleeding?...

I'm so thankful to find you here, your case is so similar to mine.... where do you live now? I'm in CA.
that's a very good news!congrats.I did put two two i have no signs at all.no bleeding etc.how about you?how many did you put?
i know the feeling of waiting for the very first ultrasound.haha i remember i kept on asking my husband what will be the outcome.how will the bb look like.the mixed feelings of nervous and happy.on monday,i think you will be able to see a gestational sac.
Im from Malaysia but currently Im in Dubai due to my husband work relocation.

take care..stay healthy~
I put in 2 embryos like you did :) So far no signs of bleeding, but my doctor said it should be just one based on the HCG number. By the way, I found this online (ultrasound picture for every week) It could be helpful for us...

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.ob-ultrasound.net/images/5-5weeks.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.ob-ultrasound.net/p_left.htm&usg=__mXUg3Y6uHwjhZU1lyF1-Ucn1ZNg=&h=270&w=356&sz=25&hl=en&start=1&um=1&tbnid=ptAk6ph258L8jM:&tbnh=92&tbnw=121&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dgestational%2Bsac%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26sa%3DX%26um%3D1
hi just want to share my most happiest news with u guys.finaly after 6 years of waiting i got my BFP.we r so so so so so so so happy.iam 9dpET today & my beta came 341.i have to go 4 2nd beta test on mon .so please keep continue praying 4 me.thank u so much for ur prayers.talk to u soon.
wow!!CONGRATS!! you must be on over the moon now.your day9 reading is already 341?that's a very good number.

stay healthy.finally your dream had been answered by GOD.take care.hopefully your journey will stay on smoothly and your day will come true..lots of baby dust...
yup,tht was what i saw on my first ultrasound.it look different everytime i went for ultrasound.it is amazing..
they postpone my ultrasound to tomorrow morning.hopefully the heartbeat stay strong...
i think this webpage might be helpful in ultrasound.it has the explanantions and measurement for the baby every week.it shows a few different pics of ultrasound in everyweek.

it is helpful to me cause i can see the changes exactly in the webpage during my every ultrasound.hopefully it will be able to help you out.

http://www.baby2see.com/development/ultrasound_sonogram/first_trimester_scans.html
hi dear my 2nd beta level on day 12 after transfer is 1448.
My dear, I'm so happy to hear good news from you!!! Your number is incredibly high!! Maybe multiple pregnancy!!

I'm going to have my first ultrasound today noon, just one hour later....hopefully the result is good...
wow..ur reading is really very high....bet it will be twin..congrats....you must be very happy....
lovebabies:goodluck to u .let me know about ur U/S.
cindy:thank u.
I just saw my little baby in ultrasound!!! My dr said the gestational sac is only 1.4cm now, so my baby is actually just 5.5 weeks, although today is already my 26th day after transfer... There is just one. she said next week's ultrasound might see the heartbeat!! AMAZING!!

So happy!!!
the moment you saw the heart beat you will be like..wow.i cant believe my baby is growing so fast and the changes was unbelieveable.

my next ultrasound will be on monday.on my last ultrasound,my bb measurement was 0.84cm ( 6 weeks 5 days).hopefully you will be able to see a healthy heart beat. i will pray for you...after all the hard works and efforts had been paid off.it was truly a blessing from God.

stay healthy.take care..
Yesterday my dr just told me that my E2 was a little low, only 430. They said i've been using the the maximum dose of estrace, so cannot add anymore, but they asked me to use more Heparin...I'm a little worried because I'm afraid my hormone level is not enough for the baby to grow properly... Next Monday I will have ultrasound and blood drawl again, hopefully everything is okay.

Yours baby is growing beautifully! Did you find yourself eat more? Any morning sickness? or change in taste?
though you hormone E2 is a little low but as long as it still can support your pregnancy it shouldnt be any problem.dont worry too much and as long as there are no any signs of complications e.g cramp or bleeding then it should be ok...sometimes in normal pregnancy,some women have low hormones too.dont worry too much cause you might stress yourself.
for example,i always put myself in stress about thew ultrasound and the baby growth.but at last it turned out well..have faith n your little one.your little one is doing his/her best too.
my lower waistline size increases and i cant wear my jeans.feel like i cant breath at all.this runs in my family cause it happened to my mom and sis too...my appetite increases too e.g i must hunt for food every 2 to 3 hours.the feeling of hunger is unbearable..it felt like you havent been eaten anything since past few days ago.im very particular about food too..if i force myself to eat something that i dont like then i will throw up immediately.plus BB tenderness and pain too..

how about you?you find yourself any different?
hey ladies ,
im new here and ive just read all the comments here and felt really motivated.
my transfer was on 30.4, so im on day 3 after transfer, and waiting for any signs like crazy.
im happy for all of you with positive result and hope to have the same to be able to share with you people. lots of love
hi dear.welcome to the threads..so you are 2dp3et ( 2 days post 3 days embryo transfer).
guess your feeling now it's like on a roller coaster ride..up and down..but dont worry..everything will work out in the end...stay healthy and dont ever stress urself...lots of baby dust......
thanks alot for your quick respond, ive got 12 days to go and the waiting is terrible. no feeling nothing, but little bit nervous and irritated, my poor hubby but im trying to control my temper.  lots of love
you are easily irrritated might due to the medication that you took..it causes hormonal changes..so you are on what medications?
dotn worry you hubby will understand..but sometimes guys will never understand the changes in women's body..but i bet he will try his best..it happened to me too.i controlled my feelings too.cause once i get angry,i will burst out and my poor hubby gonna suffer..
take care...stay healthy..
Im taking utrogest and progynova, then tomorrow ive got to inject decapeptyl.
Otherwise no syndrom (syndrome) no breast tenderness really worried. what about you?
thanks
im on cyclogest,progyluton,duphaston and estraderm patch...kinda lots of meds to take....

you are in your day4.so is still early to feel the symptoms.i felt little cramp on day 6 and 7..no worries...stay positive and keep our finger crossed......lots of baby dust..
i have a bad news...i went for ultrasound and my baby has no heart beat...baby is around 8 weeks..it already has a small tiny baby shape with its cord..why so unfair..why god took it back from me......no signs of bleeding or cramp at all
im waiting to bleed.if not i will have to do D&C.
im really really sorry for you  for the schoking news, are you sure there is no possibilities for a heartbeat, this devil must be condemed in the name of jesus.
I know this is a very hard time for both of you, its unexplainable,God let this small Angels heart beat again.......................................sorry sorry sorry... regards
what i grieve the most is why the heart beat stopped..i saw the heart beat on last week but in less than a week time,it stop...the little human looked so perfect to me..
i did my best to protect my baby..but nth cant be done now....i pray that you will have a healthy pregnancy...cause i know is the feeling of lossing the baby...may god bless you with a healthy little one
my dear

I was so shocked to see your msg...I can't believe that happened! What did the doctor say? Any reason why?? I thought your baby is growing so perfectly.

Yesterday I went to have my second ultrasound yesterday. I heard my baby's heart beat for the first time. It was so fast.

I understand very much how you feel. I could not imagine if I lost my little baby... But I really wanna say is you have done great job! Truly, you've done nothing wrong, God has His plan. He probably thinks this one was not healthy enough for you, so just let him/her go......Don't give up, try to find out why if possible, you will have baby eventually!
hi.my dr said might due to some abnormalities and the baby cant function perfectly.my huby was shocked and asked how can it be..the baby was growing so healthy then suddnely POP gone..
im still fighting to cope with my feelings..like a nightmare to me.i wish it was a dream...and when i woke up everything will be ok..
im still waiting to bleed...not even staining yet..only a little discomfort i think might due to the stopping of all the medications...if i do not bleed by end of this week,i might have to go for D&C...this coming sat i will go back to c my dr...see what he can advise me..what can be done..
i wanna have a rest of 3 mths first....mentally am not ready cause im still traumatize..hopefully by end of the days,im able to get it go....
i will keep you in my prayers...may god bless you with a healthy pregnancy throughout the 9mths...
Dear, I could not stop thinking about you yesterday. Every time I thought of your losing of the baby, my heart was so hurt and I really think it's unfair...since the baby had grown so big.

I was looking at your medication, I seem to take different medications:
Every day:
Progesterone oil 50ml val injection - 1cc, 2 times a day, (for my Progesterone level)
Estrace 2mg - 3 by month per day, and 3 vaginal inserts (for my E2 level)
Endometrine - 3 vaginal inserts (for my progesterone level)
Heparin injection - 1.1cc/time, 2 times a day
Prednisone 1mg - 1/time, 2 times aday

Besides that, my dr asked me to take the following nutrition:
lots of liquid
prenatal vitamin
folic acid
omega 3 ( I did not take much, because I'm a little sick for oil recently)
calcium 1200 - 1500mg a day
Cranberry juice

How was your blood test results? My dr said it should indicate first something if anything went wrong.

Don't be too sad. I'm sure things will go better and better..
hey mums to be,

Ive somehow already given up,im on day 8, and i have no no no symptoms, i feel nothing even the side effects of the medication!!! no cramps, no breast tenderness, no fatigue nothing. Im very normal its like nothng happened to me. please help please.

For Cindy you are still in my heart, im sorry once more.

Wish you all the best and fun carring the little angels.
lovebabies,
im still waiting for this saturday to see my dr..til today i still haven bleed.not even staining.GOSH>>do i reli have to go for D&C?whnever i saw a pregnant lady,i think back of my own baby.it really hurts me a lot..
still thinking what would be the cause...if it is due to the eggs quality,then my sis will donate hers to me...she have no problems in conceiving at all and has 2 heatlhy sons..hopyfully this would be the prob....at least i know that there is solution...i dare not risk myself again like the first ivf..

babylovet,
dont give up yet..you are only in day 8...it might take a little longer...as long as there is still time for it,never give  up..at least stay positive for the few more days...take care
Don't give up. I did not feel any cramps any symptoms at all when I was in that period waiting for Day 9's blood test.. Have good faith, rest as much as you can and have very nice mood, control your emotion...have faith!
my dear, don't think too much... you will be fine. Although I still feel very sorry for you, I still pray for you.. God will not give you the burden too heavy beyond your ability to carry. Don't give up. have a lot of rest. i heard from many people that you need to have good nutrition and lots of rest after you lost your baby, just like the very first month after giving birth to a baby.
Thanks for your encouragement, but im very confused and down, ive gone through alot and i thought this time around i wont be let down. Most of peolpe get alittle cramp and so ooooon, been waiting but invain...hope dies last!!!!!! let me try but::::::. without any signs no no no signs....... let me leave it to God....i dont have any power to make things function the way i want.
Im really really down, depressed....confused....all i need is Gods work in my life at the moment... hope he wont let me down...... im writing you  with tears falling down my face.......
i know how you feel...but at least have a little faith when there are still some time left..i gone through the whole process and i thought i will be able to carry my baby to term..seeing it grow everyweek in ultrasound make me feel happy and joyful...but in the end i were told that my baby died..seeing it formed into human little shape....my whole world crashed and i was very down..how on earth could this happen to me?if god don wan me to get pregnant why he wanna make me pregnant at the very first place...it was so unfair..and i didnt get any answer of why it happen..it was a healthy fetus...
i thought that if i didnt get pregnant at the very first place then i mght not be so down or maybe no ultrasound too..but there are things that meant to be happen..till now i still cant really accept the fact...i was like having a very bad nightmare..
have a little faith first till your very first blood test..take care...
Hi evereyone,

Im new to the site, im from the UK and i am 24 i had ET on Mon 4/5/09 so im day six now and have just done a test it was negative is this a real bad sign? My guess it is!!

xx Daisy xx
hi.you are in day 6 now..so i think it is still early to test.sometimes it happen a little slower...
try to stay positive or try not to think about it at all....let God decide..stay healthy.hopefully by end of the day you will be bless with a BFP and a little sticky one....take care
Dear, how's your doctor visit on last Saturday??

Today is 7wk 4days... I went to see my dr again and hear the baby's heart again...my dr said he/she's growing fine, now it's already 1.24cm long...amazed! last time was just 0.69cm..... I don't have much signs, i just get tired very easily. usually starting around 4pm everyday....
Sorry for not emailing back on time, we were away and i didnt carry my pc with me.
Im glad that you are through the whole sad process and by Gods grace you will get over it hopefully. And dont forget there is always a reason for everything and i hope next time you will succeed.

lovebabies847
Im very happy for you and i wish you all the best in the coming 9 months, may God give you a healthy Angel, take very good care of your self, i hope i will also one day feel the way your are feeling, it must be un explainable feeling, to feel a heart beating in you!!!!!!isnt that fantastic.

cindyandnic,lovebabies847

Yersterday was my test and it was negative, i think since i didnt feel anything from the begining even the side effects of the medicine, i  just gave up as early as day9,,,,so the shock was not so much, since i somehow felt there was nothing in me .
Got next week an appointment with my doc, then will see what went wrong and what we can do better next time.
I wont give up, never , never , i believe there is a reason for all my suffering. Its only sad that my next trial we´ll have to pay for ourself and as you people know its not cheap. I just pray for Gods provision, good health, God to strengthen my marriage at this trial times and a miracle, i think thats the only thing i can wish.
Sorry to hear that...

I feel I'm lucky so far... I'm a little nervus because now I come to cindy's time when baby went wrong...8wks... Next Monday I'm going to have another ultrasound. I hope my baby can keep growing healthily..
Hi im new today is my 9dpo and i had a day 3 transfer. I start feeling craming on 6dpo and on 7dpo i had dull ache all day. 8dpo im feeling like im going to have my period cause i have dull ache both sides of my ovaries it comes and goes. Can anyone help im driving myself crazy this is my 3rd ivf.
hello everyone! i've been reading your threads and felt like joining you...had my 3rd ivf treatment just recently and unfortunately they told me that i'm not pregnant...

transferred a day-3 egg last july 12 and had my first blood test for betahcg, progesterone and estradiol after 4 days...they said the result was ok. did my second blood test on the 20th of july and was still ok. until finally when i did the third blood test on july 23 (11 days after egg transfer), they called me and told me that it's negative and i'm not pregnant. of course i was devastated as well as my husband but i did not stop taking progesterone pessaries and progyluton 3x / day. i was telling my husband i wanted to wait until day 14, the very popular 2WW, and planning to take hpt tomorrow morning which is day 15. my husband and i agreed that if it's negative then i will stop the  medications and call for an appointment to start the next cycle whenever it is possible.

by the way i forgot to tell you that i'm turning 43 on september and i know that age is a factor for a success or failure in ivf treatment.

i'm really happy for all of you who made it and as for me and the rest who didn't quite have it now...that we have to keep on going on...as my daughter say GOD never say no to our request He merely waits for HIS time...not our time.
I read many of your stories while I waited for my result from doing in vitro. Just like many of you I secretly took the home pregnancy test. I took one after 4 days of transfer and it was negative. I told myself I took the test too fast. I waited 5 more days and took another home pregnancy test. It was negative again. I was so sad. I have an endometriosis and I only have one ovary. My one ovary produced 10 eggs and my 10 eggs produced 7 embryos. My doctor transfered 2 and later found out only 1 embryo survived from the 5 that were left. I was dissapointed. I didn't know what I will do if my blood test was negative. I do not have another 15,000 dollars to spend on this procedure. Well, I am pregnant. I just found out, I am pregnant. So, both home pregnancy tests were inaccurate. I hope this helps. Good luck everyone! I am thrilled to be pregnant.
Hi There,
It is day 5 after my first ET and I did a home test. The line was very faint, so I am not sure it is accurate. I had a blastosyst transfer and my trigger injection was 12 days ago. I know I should have waited, but I was too worried. Could I be pregnant or is it better to wait for another 10 days?
Hi Mary:
I am 4dt3dt of 2  8 cell embies. This is my second ivf...the two week wait is the worst!! I didn't take a test last time, waited for my BHCg and it was negative (in March), My sister has had 3 ivf cycles...she has a 3yo daughter, an unsuccessful ivf and now is 13 weeks pregnant with twins. She took a hpt once and it was wrong.....I still have not decided what to do!! I think I mat sneak one the day before my BHCg..so I am prepared.

How are you feeling??
Hi There,

Thanks for your response! It is 12 days after the transfer now and tomorrow I will have my first blood test and then I will have a second one on Wednesday to check if my hormonal levels are rising. I have been pregnant before, but had a miscarriage, so I am really really scared and anxious about this pregnancy. I hope things will work out and I hope I will stop worrying and ask 1000 questions with no answers.
How are you coping?
Take care
Mary
I came across this site looking for side effects from Progyluton and I wanted to tell you that I had IVF, first cycle was nine eggs retrieved on the Friday, only four multiplied and by Sunday only two were viable and one wasnt looking good. Monday (after a fight with the gynae) I had them implanted and had no symtoms (symptoms) for a week then pain from Hell. My ovaries were over stimulated and they scanned and casually mentioned there was ... an implant!

Well the month I turned 42, I gave birth to Hannah, healthy happy and although an eight month baby, nearly 7lb in weight

I just wanted to say, I take my hat off to those who go through  than one cycle and to their husbands too and I had no symptoms until the implant was found and the pregnancy test on 12th day. Age wasnt a factor it seems and neither was the number of eggs

Baby dust to all of you :-)