Maternal & Child Community
Neutropenia in my 14 month old son, is this common and will he grow out...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Neutropenia in my 14 month old son, is this common and will he grow out of it?

My son has had several ulcers in his mouth after he bit his lip.  His body has not been getting rid of them unless he gets antibiotics.  What do I do as a parent?  Do I need to worry about his health.  Will he grow out of this?  Should my wife and I be worried that we are being sent to a Oncologis/Hemotologist?  Does this mean my son has cancer?  Are there any other cases out there that can explain what is going on in plain English and not in medical terms.  What ethnic group does this mostly occure in?
These are all good questions that should be asked to your doctor and if he doesnt know then a specialist.
The most important question would be what is causing them
Could it be a certain type of food, medical condition, exposure to something..etc.
Good luck to you -Hope you find the answers your looking for
My child is going thru something similar with low Neutrophil count. What was the outcome of your son's condition. I hope all went well and he is a healthy little boy.
Please any information will help.

Thank you
Hello my names Joshua when I was a baby I always very sick I would be in the hospital sometimes up to three months at a time. Then in 1989 my mom took me to Loma Linda Hospital, and thats where we met Dr, Antranik Bedros. Dr Bedros is one of the best cancer docters in United States. Shortly after we met him he diagnosed Severe Chronic Neutropenia, and I was the first in the United States found with it. Then in 1991 Dr, Bedros had me put on a experimental drug called Neupogen I was the first in world put on the med, I have not yet met anyone who takes its besides me. But I do hear they use it for Cancer now but thats all I know I never met no one with my illness before.