New Forum For Chatting
Hello ladies! Awhile back Medhelp broached the subject of starting a new forum just for chatting or visiting each other. They said if they got enough interest in it, they'd consider it. If that sounds like a good idea to you, then write to them and ask them if they'd do that.

They mentioned this in the relationship forum when there was a lot of chit chatting going on and people bringing up subjects that had nothing to do with the forum. Medhelp felt it would be confusing for those coming to that forum looking for advice to see that.

I actually think it's a great idea! That way we'd have a place to go to visit and chat and could even bring up subjects that interest us and leave the other forums for the subjects they're meant for. I know they have private messaging but it isn't the same and we're limited on how long it can be, and if you're like me (and most women! :) we like to talk and it's difficult to limit it our conversations to a couple of sentences! Besides, this would give us the opportunity to talk to several people at once and develop or deepen our friendships here.

Whoever is interested, just contact Medhelp and ask! :)

Have a blessed day, ladies!
Perhaps have one forum for women and one for men?
What do you think, ladies?
Just wanted to bump this up so people can see it. What do you all think?
The personal messaging here is no longer limited to a couple of sentences.  I haven't yet run out of room during a message, and I write some pretty lengthy ones.

I'm neutral on the forum idea.  There are plenty of free forums available on the internet, and in fact there are some out there with many MH users on board already.  

I shudder when I think of an unmoderated chat forum here.  At least with the other MH-related forums that exist on the internet, there are moderators who can remove inappropriate posts immediately.  
Why couldn't it be moderated? They could still watch to make sure there were no personal attacks or fighting, bad language, etc.
I think it's a good idea.  Didn't medhelp say could do this if we wanted them to?  Not sure how they could stop the personal attacks or fighting but I'm definitely willing to play nice to bounce around a few idea's.  Maybe medhelp along with us could set up a few ground rules for this chat room.  
Yeah, it was actually Medhelp's suggestion. They suggested it in the relationship forum awhile back when a lot of ladies were just chatting and bringing up subjects that Medhelp thought might be confusing to people coming to that forum looking for answers to questions. They said that if they had enough interest they'd look into it. I know a few ladies wrote them and told them they were interested.
The only reason I mentioned it here was I was starting to see a lot of chatting going on here like it was on the relationship forum. I'm not saying that was a bad thing at all. I enjoy talking to others on here as well. I just thought maybe it would be fun to have a seperate area just for chatting about anything we wanted. I don't know. It was just a thought. I guess we wouldn't know if it would work unless we tried it, would we?
they way i see it is we like to debate what someone has asked, so a chat forum would work but we would still have our "rants" here.  i chat with others on other sites and its great, but i still love the debates that go on here lol.  im sick i suppose, and if i can join a chat i want to use all the 4 letter words i want! hehe
They can't seem to moderate this forum the way it should be, so I doubt they would police a "chat" forum.

Like I said, I'm neutral.  I already belong to another site with MHers, so I wouldn't probably participate in one here.
I remember medhelp suggesting that they would set something up for ppl that wanted to chat.  Might be fun to have a seperate area for debates.  I'll send a comment to medhelp.
What is this other site that so many MHers go to, may I ask? Just curious. I'm rather computer literate for the most part! :) So the only sites I visit are this one and a prayer site I've been using for the last year. I always worry about meeting weirdo's I guess! So I tend to be overly cautious. I've really enjoyed this site, though.
I actually think they do a good job moderating all the forums on here for the most part, especially considering how big it is and how many new posts pop up every day.
I meant to say computer illiterate! Lol!
Where do you find the chat rooms?  I would love one that is really interesting that talked abt politics or religion or something controversial.  Any suggestions?
Me too as long as people wern't getting too mean and nasty to each other!
I haven't been on in at least 8 or 9 months so I don't even know if this site is still active, but it was started by some MHers in 2006
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/conception_tour_2006/
Anybody else want to comment? What do you all think?