Maternal & Child Community
New mommies of the world..unite!/my confession

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Hello once again, ladies.  I had my baby 6 weeks ago and I was just wondering how everybody who's had there baby recently is doing?  I had my 6 week check up with my ob/gyn and it hurt like hell.  Is it normal?  She told me that I've healed up well and that I will be sore for some time.  Now I def do not look forward to being intimate with my hubby.  Anyway, I hope everyone's doing well.  Look forwarding to reading the responses.  I must admit that these posts help me get through difficult days (since my baby's very colicky...last night she didn't fall asleep till 4:30am!!!)  I can't wait to get back to normal self.  In fact, my confession is this...I miss my life before the baby from time to time.  Don't get me wrong, I love her and she's the best thing that happened to me but when I'm exhausted from not sleeping nights, I long the days when I could have my long showers/baths, eat dinner, watch my favorite program, go out with friends or have a full night's sleep.  I feel so guilty for feeling this way sometimes...I feel that I'm being a bad mother by feeling this way.  Anyone else feels this way or am I just a selfish person??  :(
First let me say congrats!! It's normal to feel the way you do, and for the most part your life will never be the same again, but you'll grow into the life as mommy, eventaully some normalcy will return and things will settle down, and you will be able to and shoukd get a sitter to give you soem "me"time, Just wanted to share that with you, I have a 7 year old and now expecting a boy in March, God bless you and your baby :)
you would be surprised what we think as new mommies. most keep it a secret. my friends and i discussed how we felt horrible because when tired, cranky and wanting a few min of peace we would think i wish the baby would just go away. then think oh my god why did i say that! its normal. its a huge adjustment. your life will be easier as time goes on i promise! when i needed a few min i would go to my parents house and they watched that baby while i took a cat nap. they loved it! dont feel guilty about that. nobody said it was easy to be a new mom!
Old mummy here, I hurt for months after my first child.

With my ds (now 3) it was about 4 months before I had any romantic yearnings.  It was hard on the dh but he coped.

New motherhood is way harder than anyone ever tells you.  Pamper yourself, you are doing great!!!
My daughter is 2 yo now and I remember those days when I would think, what did we do?  Let me tell you, it only gets better.  I lay in bed in the morning and cant wait for her to wake up so we can have our day together.  Then I look forward to nap time, wke time, bed time, etc.  The cycle starts all over again.  When your baby starts sleeping through the night, mine took about 5 months to sleep from 7pm -7am, you will feel like a new woman.  Enjoy every minute of it, it goes by way too fast.
I have 9 more weeks to go before this baby arrives, but I already have 7 year old DD. I know what you mean. My DD was colicky as well and it was hard. Unfortunately, I am from Europe, so I have no family around to help. I had to do it all myself, but I managed and it did get easier with time as somebody else above me said. I am expecting DD#2 and I think one of the reasons why there is 8 years of difference, is because I was so terrified of going through the same thing all over again. My husband's family lives on the west coast and they are not very involved at all. My mom will come from Europe, but probably not until later, so I know it will be hard. I know that my 7 year old will be able to help me alot.
Anyway, do not feel bad! You are only a human!
I still feel that way sometimes--when I have not been able to do anything by myself.  I have two boys that are 2 & 4 and they like to be by mommy all night long.  I go to bed iwth them so I do not get to watch TV any more.  Enjoy the cuddling you get now also.  It does get better, for you do get into a routin.  Sometimes if you just need a breather have hubby watch her while you take a shower or a  nice bubble bath.  You need to remember you are still important--yes baby is important also but if you fall apart who will be there to take care of baby, then.  What you are feeling is very normal everything is just very overwhelming.
what you're feeling is completely normal!  it does get better.  your baby will be in elementary school before you know it....it's amazing how fast the time flies by.
well i am 11w6d and it is my first child... i think this is one post i might have wanted to skip....lol but now i am a lucky new mom cause now i know what to expect... thanks guys....lol
Hi Guys,
I had my baby girl, c-section 9-28.  WOW has life changed....I guess since it is going to be this way now I might as well pop out a few more :) I'm not getting any younger. I'm 33 right now and would still like to have a couple more.
I wish someone would have told me what it was like REALLY to be a new mom. Not just the fluffy sweet stuff you know. Like...  you will rarely get a long shower, you won't enjoy a meal for a LOOONG time, absolutely no sleep and on top of that you will feel like a zombie for about 4 months or so. The truth I have found is that we adjust to our new roles. It takes us all a different amount of time to do it but we do finally and when that happens we can't imagine our lives the way they were before baby! Congratulations (sp) you are doing wonderful and your feelings are very very normal:)
It's always nice to see other women sharing the other 'real stuff' that goes with the good parts of being a mom. Especially if you have friends that are also new to motherhood, you look around thinking "Why aren't I as happy as them?". My frustration started when breastfeeding hurt like hell, then a colicky baby and a husband who went back to work after week 1. I hate to say that it only recently got tremendously better since I am using formula a lot more. I felt so limited breastfeeding all the time. Try telling that to a pro- nursing mom! Anyway, as everyone says, it does get better. A special thanks to NATALIESMOM- the "cycle" of our day and looking forward to all the little times is very much how I feel!
I hear yah!  Mine DD was born on 9/21 and has been soooo fussy.  I sometimes have to take her with me even when I have to pee because she won't let me put her down. Everything I do is done in a hurry including eating, etc. I am losing weight fast--lost all of it and then some.  I feel like I am eating more than I did when I was pregnant.  I am dying for like 3-4 hours to myself and to be alone with hubby.  Had my 6 week appt too and got the green light for exercise, etc but I am so tired I cannot even think about it.

THat is the truth but I would not give up being a mommy for the whole world cause all I need to do is kiss her little cheeks and it is soooo worth it!
I have 4 children and my last one is 16 months old. And I think every mother feels that way at one time or another. I am a stay at home mother and I get burnt out a lot. Being a mother is great but once we become mothers sometimes we feel that is the only thing we have to be. That isn't true. We are also a friend, a wife, a woman. Every mother needs time to herself, to get out and have lunch with a friend, go to a spa or just whatever. It actualy makes us BETTER mothers when we have some time for ourselves. It's a time to recharge out batterys. It's easy to get caught up in just being a mother. Have you husband or a friend or family take the baby for a few hours and just take some time for yourself. It's important for you. Just because you are a mother doens't mean you need to give up your life. Yes, things change and your priorities change, but you don't need to drop everything else in your life. Trust me, I did this for the first 4 years of being a mother and I was so unhappy. I didn't enjoy being a mother as much as before and I felt like I wasn't a part of the world anymore, I felt isolated from everything. When you are lonely and unhappy then you won't be the best mother you can be. Trust me, it will make you a better mother to your baby if you take some time for yourself. Even if it's just  giving the baby to your hubby and take a nice long bath.
Hope this helps and congrats on the baby!
congrats on the new lil one.  My lil man is 10 weeks old and still nurses every two hours and only sleeps for 3hrs a nite and I am back at work!!!  I also go to school for nursing and have a 16year old daughter, a husband and a dog...haha.  I miss the old life only for a second...I remember how much we went through to get him....I wouldnt change it for anything...I know you wouldnt either.  We all feel like that sometimes, its just normal.  Life will get better (easier) and we just have to cherish these moments because they go by soooooooo fast.
Thank you so much for your support and understanding...I shed a tear by reading the responses, I'm glad I'm not alone and I look forward to my baby feeling better (less gas) and sleeping through the night.