Newborn baby thigh bone fracture

My wife delivered to baby boy 5 days ago and we found on 5th day that the baby is not moving one leg and when consulted with the doctor tbey took x-ray and said there is slight bone facture on thigh region and they plastered his thigh and said will be cured in 21 days.

This happened at the time of delivery when they are trying to take baby doctors had difficulty in removing one leg as it got struck and with difficulty they have removed.

Please suggest me any views on the same as i am worring that whether this will have any impact on my sons future?
I was born (keep in mind I'm almost 35) with one foot over top the other foot.  My leg and foot needed to be put in a brace to straighten it right away.  As from what the Drs told my mom, the bones are soft in a new born and can be shaped and mended correctly.  They needed to make a choice quick.

They did decide to put my leg and foot in a brace for 12-14 weeks and all was fine.  

I even started walking at 10 mos, with no problems.

I would suggest getting a second opinion though.  Unless this Dr has been in your family for awhile...and you trust them.

There are several nurses and experienced mothers on this board who coud help direct you better
It could simply be a fracture from trauma at a difficult birth.  But its always concerning when a newborn has a fracture.  There is a disease, osteogenesis imperfecta, that can result in bone fractures from minor trauma.
It might be a good idea to discuss this with the baby's doctors, to be sure the baby does not have this disease.
I was just reading what you said about the osteogensis imperfecta. Is that only in infant's or can it effect older children. I ask because my 5yr dd was at acro. class doing a back bend and fractured both her radius and aluna in her left arm. She get's her cast off on Monday the 25th and I'm going to ask them to do a bone density test but was wondering if I should mention the osteogenesis imperfecta?  

Danielle
Unless she has had broken lots of bones since infancy, she probably doesn't have that.

Does the doctor think she needs a bone density test?  I've never heard of a child having that done.

My son was born with a broken collarbone--broken during delivery. It is so sad.To be BORN with a broken bone....sad!
But its true that newborns heal FAST and WELL. He wore a sling to hold his arm still for 4 weeks, and he is now 11 months and you would never know that it even happened.
Hopefully everything will heal well and be just fine with your son!
Hi, I am so sorry to hear that you and you family are another victim of a birth injury. My husband and I have just been through this last year, sadly our sons leg, (despite our constant nagging and voicing our concerns to the doctors and midwives), was not found to be broken untill he was 12 weeks old and had already healed. His leg had healed nicely and we was told that he would suffer no complications later in life with his leg and he is now 15 months old and up and walking fine. His leg does not appear to cause him any pain or problems, and he is a very happy and (touch wood) healthy little lad. All we was advised was to be extremley careful changing his nappy, clothes and bathing him. I wish you and your family the best, for a happy healthy future.
Stace.