Newborns leg twitching...
My son is 3 weeks old and i noticed the other day that his left leg twitches every once in a while. What could this be? Is the just a normal newborn thing that they grow out of or should i call for an appt to see his doctor?
I can tell you my experience: My 4th baby, a daughter, would twitch like you describe.I was really worried and took her to see the Dr. He said it can be very normal for that to happen, and it is just their immature nervous system. They only do it when very young, like  your son. And they grow out of it after a few weeks.
So, I would keep an eye on it, and mention it the next time you are at the Dr. But I really think it is just normal, at least from my experience.
When I was pregnant with my DS I would notice every once in a while I would feel this twitching in my belly, I was so worried that the baby was having seizures or something. When Noah was born I looked over in his bassinet in the recovery room and I noticed his arms were raised up and they were twitching, that is what I was feeling in my belly for the past few weeks. The doctor said it was what jenny100 said, their immature nervous system.
The test is whether the twitching stop if you touch him. If yes, then I would chalk it up to an immature nervous system. If not, go to your pediatrician and tell them what is going on.
Yikes, bad grammar. I should proofread before I post. That should read "whether the twitching stops". Sorry!
Yep, my son did that and he grew out of it.  It's due to immature nervous system (that's the answer I got from the pediatrician).
This is a common occurrence in infants, primarily because their central nervous systems are in such an early stage of development. It does not invite concern on the face of it. Of course, it goes without saying that you should confer with the pediatrician. In fact, we always remind people to do so and not rest with posting a question in this Forum or any other internet site.
My son was born at 35 weeks gestation, he is now 4 weeks old, I have noticed that sometimes one or both legs vibrate/ shake quickly for a few seconds when he is tensing and stretching his body and then goes away. He is otherwise acting and feeding normally.  Should I be concerned or is this due to an immature nervous system ?