Maternal & Child Community
Nexium during Pregnancy?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Nexium during Pregnancy?

Has anyone taken Nexium during pregnancy for heartburn?  I was just wondering if it was safe to take.
Related Discussions
12 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi! I had horrendous silent acid reflux disease in my first trimester last Fall (silent, because it was eroding my esophagus, and I didn't know what it was).  So, the ENT recommended Prilosec, and my OB was completely fine with it.  There's all kinds of stuff out here on the net about what's ok and what's not, and Prilosec is questionable on the net, so I called my OB freaking out.  She told me to STOP reading what's on the net, because if you're not a doc, you don't get the big picture.  Anyway, she's one of the top rated OBs in the nation (one of the best on the east coast - really), and I trust her implicitly.  I am not 36w3d, and so far so good!  I don't know anything about Nexium, but I know the Prilosec worked wonders for me.  Best of luck to you, and maybe you could explore avenues other than Nexium, too.  
Blank
My sister was given nexium when she was 36 weeks pregnant. My dr was a little more conservative and told me only tums???Ask your dr what he would suggest. Best wishes, that is so terrible and mine didn't even have the thick hair that the old wives tale states,lol!
Blank
I have a friend who took it the entire pregnancy and her baby was perfectly healthy.
Blank
I take it twice a day - the highest dosage- and have the whole time.  I am 30 weeks now.  Both OB and gastro Dr said it was OK.
Blank
179647_tn?1205354236
I took it through my entire pregnancy with my DD and she turned out perfectly healthy and I am taking it with this one too.  Mine was more related to the acid eating away, so mine was more then just heart burn.  My doctor told me it was fine to take.
Blank
I also took Nexium throughout my whole pregnancy with my son.  He turned out perfect.  I also breast fed him while taking nexium and he is still healthy.  My doctor had said there isn't many studies done for pregnant women but i really had no choice, so i just hoped for the best and am happy he came out perfect.
Blank
I am trying to get pregnant and are on Nexium.  I asked my Gastr. doctor if Nexium was safe during pregnancy.  He told me it was fine people take it all the time when they are pregnant.
Blank
ive been taking nexium for 4 yrs in these past 4 years ive had 3 other children and am currently 33 wks  and all my children came out perfect and i am o- and they still came out healthy so take the pill and dont worry youll be fine.
Blank
did u take the 40 mg twice a day and did ur baby turn out healthy?
Blank
804145_tn?1244095841
Hi i was just wondering what the highest dosage is, i take 40mg twice a day so 80mg all up.I cant stop taking my nexium. My doctor told me that i couldnt have any more babys because of the nexium dosage, i cried all the way home and was in a daze for days. i cry when i see other babys and crave to hold one in my arms again. I hope you can get back to me or anybody in the same boat. Thankyou
Blank
Can't have any more kids because of Nexium!?! Maybe you should get a 2nd opinion...that doesn't sound right!
Blank
5556167_tn?1369819358
Shamanda I know this may be late but I had just written a post detailing about Nexium effects during pregnancy - http://www.choicechemist.com/should-pregnant-or-breastfeeding-women-consume-nexium

Hope anyone who reads it finds it useful
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank