Nexium during Pregnancy?
Has anyone taken Nexium during pregnancy for heartburn?  I was just wondering if it was safe to take.
Hi! I had horrendous silent acid reflux disease in my first trimester last Fall (silent, because it was eroding my esophagus, and I didn't know what it was).  So, the ENT recommended Prilosec, and my OB was completely fine with it.  There's all kinds of stuff out here on the net about what's ok and what's not, and Prilosec is questionable on the net, so I called my OB freaking out.  She told me to STOP reading what's on the net, because if you're not a doc, you don't get the big picture.  Anyway, she's one of the top rated OBs in the nation (one of the best on the east coast - really), and I trust her implicitly.  I am not 36w3d, and so far so good!  I don't know anything about Nexium, but I know the Prilosec worked wonders for me.  Best of luck to you, and maybe you could explore avenues other than Nexium, too.  
tmv
My sister was given nexium when she was 36 weeks pregnant. My dr was a little more conservative and told me only tums???Ask your dr what he would suggest. Best wishes, that is so terrible and mine didn't even have the thick hair that the old wives tale states,lol!
I have a friend who took it the entire pregnancy and her baby was perfectly healthy.
I took it through my entire pregnancy with my DD and she turned out perfectly healthy and I am taking it with this one too.  Mine was more related to the acid eating away, so mine was more then just heart burn.  My doctor told me it was fine to take.
I take it twice a day - the highest dosage- and have the whole time.  I am 30 weeks now.  Both OB and gastro Dr said it was OK.
I also took Nexium throughout my whole pregnancy with my son.  He turned out perfect.  I also breast fed him while taking nexium and he is still healthy.  My doctor had said there isn't many studies done for pregnant women but i really had no choice, so i just hoped for the best and am happy he came out perfect.
I am trying to get pregnant and are on Nexium.  I asked my Gastr. doctor if Nexium was safe during pregnancy.  He told me it was fine people take it all the time when they are pregnant.
ive been taking nexium for 4 yrs in these past 4 years ive had 3 other children and am currently 33 wks  and all my children came out perfect and i am o- and they still came out healthy so take the pill and dont worry youll be fine.
did u take the 40 mg twice a day and did ur baby turn out healthy?
Hi i was just wondering what the highest dosage is, i take 40mg twice a day so 80mg all up.I cant stop taking my nexium. My doctor told me that i couldnt have any more babys because of the nexium dosage, i cried all the way home and was in a daze for days. i cry when i see other babys and crave to hold one in my arms again. I hope you can get back to me or anybody in the same boat. Thankyou
Can't have any more kids because of Nexium!?! Maybe you should get a 2nd opinion...that doesn't sound right!
Shamanda I know this may be late but I had just written a post detailing about Nexium effects during pregnancy - http://www.choicechemist.com/should-pregnant-or-breastfeeding-women-consume-nexium

Hope anyone who reads it finds it useful