Aa
A
A
Close
Night sweats during pregnancy
I am 38 weeks pregnant right now and since about week 36 have been sweating SO bad whenever I go to sleep or even lie down for a nap.  Anybody else have sweating during sleep and if so do you know what it's caused from?
Cancel
6 Answers
Page 1 of 1
I was on bedrest from 24 weeks on with my DD. It was winter & I was on the couch sleeping with the front window open B/C I was sooooo hot. My DH thought I was trying to freeze him out of our house! My Dr said it was just hormones & the extra weight. Your  heart is pumping harder causing your body temp to rise! Hang in there, I froze after DD was born!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
116879_tn?1266519849
Oh yes!  I started being hot right from the beginning.  So much so I moved out of hubby's room in January.  Though we have A/C, I also put a fan on full blast at night.  Every time we go to a restaurant, I am sweating bullets and my family looks at me like I am nuts.  I am 37w2d and am anxious for this to be over!  So sick of waddling and having a HUGE tummy.  Want to hold my DD already!

Good luck to you--sounds like it will be over for you real soon too.
Comment
Cancel
116879_tn?1266519849
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Two things that helped me was not to get a warm shower right before bed & not to pile the lotion on before bed (made me clam-ee in the middle of the night)LOVE & PRAYERS I know you must be so excited!!!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I have the sweats all day long!! I have the WORST hot flashes I have ever had. When I lay own I get really hot and I kep a fan on me but it takes a good hour before that fan starts cooling me off real good! I'm 38 weeks too, hang in there we're almost there! :)
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
116879_tn?1266519849
I suggest you do what I do and that is that I put the fan on full blast about 1-2 hours before I go to sleep--it helps to cool the room down prior to going to sleep.  I will even sometimes do a quick cool shower before settling down too.  We have 11 ceiling fans in our house (previous owners loved them I guess)-well I have almost all 11 of them going  all day long.  Hubby will kill me once he gets the electric bill LOL!
Comment
Cancel
116879_tn?1266519849
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Yep, I am having my c-section on Sept. 1 and am SO excited to see our new little girl!  Good luck with your deliveries, everyone, and thanks for the responses.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Night sweats during pregnancy
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
Top Children's Health Answerers
134578_tn?1446090952