Nightmare during Pregnancy
Hi guys, I want to know are Nightmares common during pregnancy, it seems like every since I have been pregnant I have been have strange nightmares, sometimes nothing to really wake me out of my sleep but strange. For instance I did have a nightmare that someone was trying to kill me, but i ended up killing them while I was pregnant because i was trying to protect my child. Now guys dont think I am a weirdo or something, cause I am not, I dont know if its some shows that I watch during the day that just get in my brain or what, or it may be the shows i watch before I go to sleep. But are nightmares common during pregnancy?
You have very weird dreams while you're pregnant, it is very common.  But I do know those sex dreams are pretty good too (smile.). My first pregnancy, I had a combo of weird and sexual dreams, ha! Guess which one I enjoyed??(don't tell my dh) lol, Congrats on your pregnancy!  
yea i have had some of those too! lol, ok I just wanted to make sure that I was going crazy or something. and someone was going to tell me that i need psychiatric help or something. just checking! thanks!
i have bizzare dreams. i read anne rice books, the taltos ones...oh boy, that'll make you dream all sorts of odd things about your baby. lol. that was last pregnancy. this pregnancy i have just had happy peaceful dreams. i think the hormones just like to play with our minds :)
I dreamt I was kidnapped last night.  I have also dreamt my dh had an affair, that I was back in university, that my house burned down, etc etc.

I am beginning to think pregnancy is a form of mental illness!
I have tons of bizarre dreams since being pregnant. I am always telling family and friends about them. They are definitely more vivid since being pregnant, but it's common. My doc told me it's the progesterone and all of the things going through your mind. Try to have fun with them (:
Oh yes!  I had a dream last night that my builder tore down our deck and tore out our lawn and left us with a huge pile of dirt.  Then, I dreamt that I walked to today's OB appt (which is about 40 mins. away from where I work).  That would be fun.  They get much weirder for me, too.  Oh well!  I like the idea of trying to have fun with the ones you can.
i used to have terrible nightmares DH left me when i was big and fat for a skinny blonde bimbo! every time i would wake up mad at him, he would know why lol, and the funny thing was i would try to fight her, but i couldnt because my belly was like 6 feet long so i couldnt reach her! haha i actually look forward to the funny ones this time around
hey guys, thanks for all your adivce, i am glad that I am not the only one that is having bad dreams. You guys dreams kinda tickled me a little.
Dear Husband (:
what exactly does DH mean???? I havent had those dreams yet! hopefully i wont!!! lol
I would dream that my DH was cheating on me so I'd wake up all pissed off at him. LOL, poor DH :)
i've had nightmares, and dreams that my dh was cheating on me and i'd wake up and hit him cuz i thought they were real! never watch animal planet! i've had nightmares about wolves and aligators attacking me. and last nite i dreampt about the devil!!! its freaking me out!
I would agree that at times it does seem that pregnancy is a form of mental illness, between the crazy dreams, sometimes great sexual ones and terrible nightmares, and the emotional rollercoaster it seems like there should be clown music playing in the background of my life like in the movies!
It's totally bizarre isn't it.  One minute you're on the edge of a cliff hanging on for life and the next you're having the wildest sex romp ever!  The sex one's are great, but some of the nightmares I've had aren't so good.  I guess it's all part of  what happens when your hormones are all over the place.
I dream that I am physically abusive to my infant .. scares me .. disturbs me ... I am going to talk to my OB about it when I see him next .. I have had this dream 3 different times ... makes me sick.
this is my first pregnancy and i have a lot of nightmares about my twins so, don`t watch scary movies (specially the final destination 3D).
Ive been having a LOT of nightmares also, mostly dealing with the death of my fiance. Very crazy!