Maternal & Child Community
Nipple discharge after breastfeeding

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Nipple discharge after breastfeeding

Hi Girls, I stoppped pumping about 4 months ago and I only pumped for a couple of weeks. During my own self breast exam (first one in a long time) I noticed some white discharge and a little clear (colstrum like) when I squeezed my nipples. Has anyone else had this?
Yes, I continued to notice discharge several months after stopping breastfeeding.  It's totally normal as long as it's clear or white and there's no pain or heat in your breast.
it's normal, I still have a little drop of milk when I squeeze my nipple and my DD will be 3 at the end of the month and I stopped breastfeeding her at 15mo.
When I had my yearly pap smear, the doc checked my breasts and I told her and she said it was totally normal and it happens very often.
I had milk and colostrum still 1 1/2 years after I stopped nursing. It only stopped at the beginning of this pregnancy.
my dd is 2 and I only bf her for 4 months.  I still leak around ovulation and AF.  Its hormones.
I figured it was normal but thought I'd ask. Thanks!!!!!
i have noticed it too. my son is 10mos now & i breastfed him for 6mos.I still have white discharge when I squeeze my nipples.
Once you have nursed a baby, you will almost always be able to  squeeze a drop or two out....even years later. The longest period between babies with me was 5 years and I was still able to get a drop or two out if I tried right up until I got preg. again.
My son is coming to 4 this year, but I still have a little drop of milk when I squeeze my nipple.  Is it normal?  I am not pregnant with 2nd child yet.  
Hi I was researching on the web about discharge after breastfeeding has stopped for one year... I was glad to read your comment. I feel a bunch better, I started doing yoga recently and I began to have a soreness in my right breast a couple times now in the past few weeks. During rubbing my breast, I discovered that if I squeezed, out came a good amount of colostrum. After reading your comment and some others, I guess it is normal, thanks