Maternal & Child Community
No Braxton Hicks Contractions at 32 Weeks?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

No Braxton Hicks Contractions at 32 Weeks?

Hey Everyone,

I am 32 weeks pregnant and still have not had a single BH contraction.  All my pregnant friends who are only within a week or two of me are telling me that they are having contractions like crazy.  Is it normal to not have any?  Does this mean labor is still a long way off?  Is it possible I am having them and don't know it?  I do get mild tightening in the uterus regularly (many times per day), but it is never all over like they describe and I have always just thought it was the baby stretching / pressing against the abdomen.  What do you think?
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I didnt have BH with my first child, but did with my last two.  

However, "tightening in the uterus" pretty much describes a contraction.  you can tell the difference between movement and a contraction.  A movement is centralized... an arm here, a leg there, or a flip.  If its over your entire belly and just feels like someone is grabbing your skin at your sides and pulling to make it tight, then its most likely a BH contraction.  (horrible way to describe it, but you get the picture).

Im sure at 32 weeks you know what it feels like when the baby moves, flips, or kicks.  If what you're feeling when your "uterus tightens" isnt the same thing, its most likely a BH contraction.
Blank
With my first child I did not have an contractions until the week I was due.  and then I had them every day for an hour or for a few minutes at a time. Every pregnancy, every woman is different discuss your concerns with the doctor.  
Blank
i didnt have them either with my first.. i wouldnt worry at all.. maybe it means that your uterus doesnt need to practice!!
Blank
158812_tn?1189759426
I didn't have them w/my first.  My second, I had them all the time.  They arent that fun, your not missing out on anything...consider yourself fortunate :0)
Blank
I didn't have them with my DD and I am now 36 weeks prego with baby number 2 and still don't have any.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...