No bleeding, is this right?
Hi Everyone---

My first miscarriage was July 19th.   Recently, I thought I was pregnant again (positive HPT), so I went in for blood work.  First test was 802, 2nd was 518, then 430, then 250....  So, they said it was another miscarriage.

However, after the first two tests, we did an US and saw NOTHING.  They said I had already passed it, or absoarbed.

However, I've had NO BLEEDING.  So I couldn't have passed anything.  The only thing I've seen is a bit of brown now and then.

It's so frustrating!  If this is a second miscarriage, where is the bleeding!!!  I am showing nothing....  So, there is nothing in there according to US and I'm not bleeding.

How long will it take to bleed?  Or have a period?  I just feel so confused.  Is this even a second pregnancy?  It probably was, but if it was, why am I not bleeding like a normal miscarriage?  The doctor said I don't need a D/C because the US showed nothign in my uterus.

What do you think?
Thanks, Berko--  You've been a good support.  I was crying a lot this weekend....just so confused....feeling like I'll never have babies.

My doctor said I could start bleeding anytime....she even said because my numbers were so low I could just start my period...

So, I'll just have to keep waiting I guess.  Will get another HCG quant this Thursday.
It is quite possible that your body did reasorb the pregnancy.  You will bleed at some point because of your lining.  That is what happens with twins.  One day there will be two and the next there is only one, and no bleeding ever happens.  Of course, you were pregnant with one baby so you will bleed at some point.

I'm very sorry for your loss.

I'm very sorry for your loss.
Hi Allie
Not sure if you remember me, I was recently in the same position not knowing if I had a new pregnancy or an old one.  When my hcg was 220, i had brown spotting, then once it was 136, i began bleeding for a few days, heavily until my levels were at 0, which came back a week later.
i'm not sure about what i'm saying so someone can feel free to correct, but i guess it's possible for it to be so early that mostly was reabsorbed by body and the bleeding can take time. i know before my m/cs (even though i ended up bleeding right away and passing everything right away) i was told could take a few weeks before whole thing happened. was your dr. concerned that you haven't bled yet? did they tell you about how long could take till bleed? i would think if new pregnancy and even if everything was reabsorbed the uterus lining would still need to shed so you would need to bleed at some point. this is just an educated guess and not from absolute knowledge on the matter. thinking of you and hoping that you get some clarification real soon.
I guess I'm a little confused.  Are you saying you never had bleeding with your first m/c or that you haven't had bleeding SINCE your m/c?  I'm going to assume you did have bleeding with the m/c on 7/18 and that you have not had your first AF since then.  How far along were you when you m/c'd?  Is it possible that there was NOT a second pregnancy and that the recent HCG tests that you've had are from the previous pregnancy and the levels are just now beginning to go down?  That would explain why nothing was seen on the u/s.  I'm sorry, I'm no doctor and I'm totally guessing.  I just wanted to say sorry you are going thru this.  Good luck.
Thanks everyone....

Marie---  that's comforting to know that you didn't bleed until you were in the 100's.

Sorry if that was confusing...yes, my first mc was July 19th and I bleed for a week.  Three weeks later bleed again (assuming  it was first period)...

Two weeks after that, pregnancy hormones dropping like they are....

So, I'm assuming it's a new pregnancy, I'm miscarrying, and just haven't shed the lining yet.

I've had lots of cm-type residue in my panties....maybe that's something too.

Thanks, Marieamy...
The hcg levels could just be from your first miscarriage... were they checking them once a week all along...did they ever go to zero and then back up?
I'm still dropping (hcg levels) from a miscarriage at the beginning of august (so a hpt would show positive, when in fact it's just left over hcg levels from my miscarriage) ...so these levels could just be from the first one and not a second pregnancy.
It's such a long story....

The end of July miscarriage I only had one blood test....it was supposedly at 134....but no one every followed it to zero and pregnancy tests were showing positive for at least three weeks....

I thought I had a period....so i assumed it was over....

Then I still had positive pregnancy tests....a blood test said 802, then 518, then 450, then 230....will get another one tomorrow.

The thing is, we never had unprotected sex....so I don't understand how we would have gotten a second pregnancy.  It's so weird.   I've had some brown spotting, but nothing like my miscarriage in July....

Will just have to wait it out.  Thanks for your ideas.
I m/c the end of july and my Hcg are still going down.  I think its left over not new unless you hade a hcg test where the levels were lower if not I'd expect that its old not new.  its depressing because its like the pregnancy that won't end.  I need for my levels to zero out so I can have closure...how far along were you and did you m/c naturally or have a d/c.  I hear it makes a difference with your hcg levels..
I had a miscarage in January that was like that I had a little bit of spotting but nothing that I was really concrned about but when I had my labs done again my count was going down.  My Dr. said it was called a chemical pregnancy where the egg & Sperm meet but nothing else progresses.  He also did a U/S and showed nothing no sac or anything.  I never had any major bleeding just spotting for a few days and then it took me almost 2 months for my period to return.  I am so sorry for your loss.
Thanks for that info, Brent!  It helps.  ;)
Hi just wanted to let you know that i had a mc 2 years ago and i only spotted for a day and then 2 weeks later had a normal period the doctor just said it was a very early pregnancy.
I agree with pipsquike this could've been hcg from last m/c.I also m/c in aug. & levels are still going down.Took left over test last week just to see and positive.I could understand how you could've mistaken it for a new pregnancy.I also did'nt show any sac and bleed for 2 weeks& still bleeding sorry(tmi).So just wait till levels are at 0 first normal cycle & then ttc again.Good luck lol ,nanis                                                                                                                                                                                       P.S pipsquike level result tommorow.Let u know!