Maternal & Child Community
No gestational sac at 5 weeks

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

No gestational sac at 5 weeks

Hi. I am about 5 weeks pregnant and due to a 'little' bleeding had a scan 3 days ago and bloods taken. The scan didn't even detect a sca but bloods show i'm about 5 weeks. Had to go back today and have more blood taken and again, nothing at all on the scan. Little fliud in pouch of douglas and they're worried it's ectopic./ Feel gutted but i know it'e very early and from what i've been reading, the bleeding could have been an implantation bleed but no sac???
Its hard to digest, maybe you're not as far along as they say.  I would definetly give it another week, by that time it should be there.  Good luck to you!
Im sorry I cant really help you. I hard this is a very grey area though where sometimes they see a lot and sometimes they dont. I got an u/s at 5 weeks and 4 days and we saw the gas sac and a very small yolk sac and a week later we got to see the baby and heartbeat.

I found this website a few weeks ago though maybe it will help you? http://www.misdiagnosedmiscarriage.com/community/
thanks you two.
The nurse just rang with my blood results and said they have doubled (1100 from 512 2 days ago) so that it could just be a very early fine pregnancy. They are going to see me again in a week.
Fingers crossed and i like this site.
I went to the dr on 12/25 my lmp was 12/21/05, i would have been five weeks no sac hcg 1996. went back on dec 12/28/ found a small dot not much the said but could be a sac. Dr told me to get read for a mc or another eptopic on 12/31 and sac and fetal pole was found. hcg now 12900 on 1/3/06 a heart rate of 107 so it takes time its just to soon, TSTSO (To Soon TO Stress Out)
stay clam and let your baby grow
I had a m/c at 13wks. This was my first baby. It came out of now where. On my way out the door, I started bleeding alot. tons of red blood. I had a u/s and no heartbeat. My husband and I are very sad. What happened? The baby was growing just fine and we have saw the heartbeat 3 times and it was strong. I had a d&c on Dec. 30, the same day. I am still bleeding lightly and cramping bad and also my legs are so sore. Need advise!!!
My LMP was on 15-Jan. My first Urine Test showed weekened Positive. HCG level was 1024. 36HRS later HCG showed a decline to 835. My doctor scand and saw no gestational sac. A scan after four days also shows no gestational sac. However the Urine test shows some strengthened Positive.

Need consultation and advise.
Hi, I'm about 5 weeks pregnant as well. I am going through the exact same thing you're going through. I have no cramping, only light spotting after I had two ultrasounds and pelvic exam on Monday (02/25/08). The Dr. in the ER was instructed by my OB/GYN to give an injection of methrotrexate to abort the baby. I refused to have it done because I believe there is a baby and it is just entirely too early to tell right now. Just hold off and wait and see. I believe it is there. By the way I fired my OB quick. Good Luck!
IM 6 WEEKS SO THEY SAY AND I HAVENT SEEN A SAC AT ALL! I DONT KNW WHA TO DO....PREGNANCY TESTS SAY IM PREGNANT .....WHATS GOING ON....IM TIRED ,MY BREAST ARE TENDER N SWOLLEN,IM HAVING MILD CRAMPING OFF N ON,AND CRAVING I KNOW PREGNANT BUT WHERES MY BABY....EMAIL ME AT ***@**** PLSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS AN EMERGENCY