Maternal & Child Community
No heartbeat at 8 weeks with a vaginal ultrasound.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I am 8 weeks pregnant (LMP).  I know I didn't ovulate until about day 16.  I just had a second vaginal ultrasound.  They measured the baby to be 6.5 weeks.  They saw a yolk sak and embryo, but no heartbeat.  I've had my HCG levels taken 5 times and go again tomorrow to get them done again.  They have been rising, but not quite as much as the Dr. wants.  Has anyone had a similar experience.  This is my first pregnancy and I'm worried of course.  Thanks.
From all the posts I've read, it can go either way for you. You should go to misdiagnosedmiscarriage.com and check out all the women who were told they didn't have viable pregnancies and then went on to deliver healthy babies. Realistically though, you should see a h/b through a transvag u/s if you're 8 weeks. HCG can very well continue to rise if you haven't actuakly begun to miscarry as mine did until I had my d&c at 10.5 weeks. Best of luck and I wish you a healthy PG.
I got pregnant for the first time ever, and had a miscarriage on May 17th, 2005 and it passed naturally. We got pregnant again and found out on November 5th. I was spotting on November 22nd and went to the Dr. on the 23rd, the day before Thanksgiving. They did a vaginal ultrasound and saw the sac and baby with a slow heartbeat. They scheduled me for a follow up sonogram on December 6th to check the growth of the baby, and at that time there was nothing but blood in my uterus. I was DEVASTATED. I had a D&C done the next day (11/7) because I wasn't bleeding and didn't think I could emotionally handle waiting it out and going through all the pain that comes with a natural miscarriage. It was my first D&C ever and even today I am still having some cramping and light bleeding. The bleeding wasn't there this morning so I thought it was finally over, but after lunch (and a full belly) my stomach started cramping and bleeding started again. I don't know if this is normal or not and wanted to know if anything else had experienced this. I worry, but I have a follow up appointment on Tuesday, 12/20 to find out how I am doing. I am just so tired of the cramping pain and bleeding. I wish it would end, and I'm scared to death to try again.
I am so sorry for your losses. One m/c is devastating but I couldn't imagine having 2. How far along were you both times? You had your d&c december 7? It's totally normal to still be bleeding and cramping as it's only been a week. Best of luck and just know that you're not alone. I had my m/c and d&c a month before you and I'm just coming to terms with it now.
Hello everyone.I am new to this wonderful forum..the only place where I could feel somewhat normal. I miscarried on 11/30/05 after a fender bender car accident. Had a D&C done (I was 4&1/2 months). I've felt all kinds of emotions from total sadness to anger. Now 16 days after the D&C, I am still bleding. Out of curiosity, I just took a Home pregnancy test that showed negative. From what I've learned over the last two weeks: negative prgnancy test means HCG level is less than 5.
Is it possible to keep bleeding and show a negative on HPT?
Hello, I have a question I went to the dr's office yesterday and I saw the baby for the first time on the monitor.  He said it mesured at 9mm and there was a heart beat.  However to me it looked as though it was beating very slow and was not as fast as it should be.  He said that he could not see the placenta yet but everything looked okay.  However I was told I needed to go back in 3 weeks for another ultrasound(transvaginal) to check the baby and that there was a possibility of maybe twins and that was why the hb was the way it was.  Has anyone heard of this?? He also said I stil have a 30% chance of m/c because I am still having spotting and some red blood.  What the heck does that mean?  The spotting stopped until he stuck his hand up there to check me.  Now I am worried. I was fine until I saw him.  He makes me more nervous when he should make me feel calm or at least upfront about what is going on.  I'm not sure why I am going to have u/s so often.
I have a 16 year old daughter a 8 year old step daughter and a 15 month old son.  I just had my first m/c on 12/7 I had a
D & C 12/7 my doctor gave me the opition to let my body naturally m/c but I could not handle waiting. it took us 9 months to get pregnant for our son and we have been trying for 6 months when we go pregnant.  I have a follow up on 12/22.  I was 9 weeks and at 8 weeks is when I had my u/s with no heart beat. I measured 5w4d. I'm hoping we can try again soon.  I turned 40 this year and we really want another child to grow up with our son. I'm sorry to hear you are having alot of bleeding and cramping.  I'm lucky I've had no bleeding or cramping yet.  good luck "Pagona"
To cpy: Please keep trying...it's worth it. My cousin has had so many miscarriages (that I'd feel ashamed to even ask how many!!). However, she and her DH never stopped trying...Now they have 2 beautiful children. She had the first one @ around 37 years of age. I know it's really scarry to try after a miscarriage...but keep trying...Good luck!
I read your post and it sounds similar to what I'm going through.  I'm SO very sorry about your losses!  I had a miscarriage about 3 months ago with a D&C with my first pregancy.  Now I'm pregnant again and at my ultrasound (5-6weeks along) the baby was found with a low heart rate (88).  I have to go back on Friday for another ultrasound.  I am praying for good news, but I'm scared to face another misscarriage and D&C.  How are you coping?
I am 8 weeks and today had my first transvaginal ultrasound.  The sac and fetus were very clear, but the doctor did not see a heartbeat.  She sent me to a radiologist, and the tech also did not see a heartbeat.  She measured the fetus, and it measured 8 weeks and 1 day.  She noticed that the gestational sac was only measuring about 6 weeks.  I am confused why the fetus would measure 8 weeks and the sac only 6, and that there is no heartbeat when it measures almost exactly to the day.  A doctor on call told me that the fetus could have miscarried just a couple days ago.  I'm confused after reading all these posts.  Is it possible that the 6 week gestational sac means I am only 6 weeks pregnant, and therefore it is too soon to expect a heartbeat?  I don't want to have a D&C if there's still hope.
I had the same thing happen. 3 week ago I measured 6 weeks, then the heart rate was very faint, then the levels weren't rising as much as they should have been. One week later, another u/s showed no heart beat, it had died withing the week. I waited to have a natural miscarriage but the pain was too intense, I had an emergent D&C. I had a normal son 2 1/2 years ago and have been healthy since. I think I am still in shock that this could happen to me. I am 22 and don't smoke or drink, but the doctor said this happens and that the next time I try and get pregnant everything shoudl be fine. If you have a miscarriage I am sorry, it is a terrible feeling like you did something wrong, and I was told that you can't prevent a miscarriage or make one happen. Stay healthy and keep trying if it doesn't work out. I am sorry to everyone who has ever felt this, especially if you have felt more than once. I don't think I could ever go through this again, but keep the faith, it will happen one day!
I just wanted to give an update for any of you who might be in a similar situation.  I went back now at 8 weeks and 5 days to see if they could hear a heartbeat.  They couldn't and also couldn't see the fetal pole anymore.  My HCG levels were still rising, but not as much as they should.  I opted to wait for a natural miscarriage, and if this doesn't happen in 3 weeks I will have a D&C.  Does anyone know how long it will take to start miscarrying?  Thanks
I am 8 weeks two days along i had an ultrasound done two weeks ago and the baby measured 6 weeks 1 day which was right then i went again today when i was 8 weeks and the doctor couldn't find a heartbeat and said my uterus was growing like it should he looked confused like he didn't know what was going on i don't think he has seen anything like this before should i be worried what could happen to my baby i just had a miscarriage in april and was really excited about this one.
I had just a little bit of brown discharge about a week ago so (being on the safe side after a m/c last July) I went to the Hospital just to make myself feel better. The internal exam showed everything closed and there was no bleeding or anymore brown discharge. The u/s, however, showed nearly nothing. (Well, to my untrained eye it showed nothing, and I couldn't HEAR anything...can you normally hear a heartbeat with an ultrasound?) The Docter could not get a heartbeat with the tummy ultrasound so they sent me to Radiology to try a transvaginal one...which could not get a heartbeat either. My hormone levels were "between the 7-12 week range" (They didn't tell me the exact number) And as I was 10 weeks and 3 days that was perfect. The nurse told me she couldn't get a heartbeat with her baby until 12 weeks, but I think she was talking about Doptone. They drew more blood two days ago and I am going to go back on the 9th (3 days from now) to compare the hormone levels. Has anyone heard about a situation like this turning out okay? My symptoms are VERY different from my first m/c (LOTS of bright red blood and very painful cramps)....
This is my first post on this site and I am trying to find anyone that has or is going through what I am going through.

From my LMP I thought my due date was around 6/4/06. I went to see my OB and he performed the routine exam, he found that my uterus measured correct, then he tried to get a heartbeat thru doppler. He couldn't get anything on the doppler and then brought in the U/S machine to try that way.

The U/S showed that my baby measures at 18 weeks but still, no heartbeat found. He said that the baby's back was facing out and that he couldn't get a clear shot of the baby's chest. He then called in the U/S technician and he was able to get the baby's chest, but still no heartbeat found. My OB then turns and looked at me and said, "I'm sorry Lisa, the baby has died".

I was in disbelief but shocked because by then, I had been feeling the baby move and did that morning before my appointment. My OB said that it must have just recently happened due to all of the measurements.  He also said that I will continue to feel movement due to the fact that I am very tiny, I have only gained 2 pounds so far. I look very pregnant but my belly is all baby, placenta, etc. Being that as it is, I am still feeling this baby move!!!

I have been online trying to find anyone who has experienced this well into the 2nd trimester. I haven't found anyone at all. I am supposed to wait this out to see if I will start to miscarry on my own, I have no symptoms and still feel very pregnant. I have an appt. on Monday morning to talk to my OB and then he will schedule me on Tues. everning to induce labor if nothing happens by then.

I have 3 boys (15, 11 and 5) but was also diagnoses with a blighted ovum that ended up with a D&C on 9/1/04.

Anyone with info, please help!
Thanks for sharing your stories.  I'm experiencing about the same thing as ashcneider and jeepgirl.  I will go for second US next Monday.  Please let us know how things turn out for you and I hope you are doing well.
Hi - Just in case anyone is still reading this thread, just wanted to update that I had the same situation, no heartbeat at 8 weeks, u/s showed about a 5 and 1/2 week appearing fetal pole and yolk sac, then the following week, u/s showed clearly that there was no viable pregnancy.  Probably a blighted ovum, but I will find out in a week or so.  I opted for the d & c right away.  It's hard to have all the symptoms of pregnancy and know that no fetus is developing.  Anyway, the d & c was not painful, and I'm happy to be putting this chapter behind.  
I wonder too how long the body would go on thinking it's pregnant in this situation.  My HCG level was over one hundred thousand, so at one point I thought things would work out.  Anyway, not meant to be this time.  I wish you all the best and hope no one will excessively worry about a pregnancy that doesn't make it.  Chances are, there's a healthy baby for you (and me :) around the corner.  Best wishes.
Hi everyone. My name is Tennille Hadley and I'm 28 years old. I would like to begin by saying Thank You everyone for allowing me to share my story, this is my first time doing this via internet but I feel that the time has come and it is necessary. I have two children and I'm 8 1/2 weeks pregnant and I had my first prenatal visit today. The Doctor did a transvaginal ultrasound and she did not see a fetus, although she did see the sac and she also confirmed that there was fluid in the unterine cavity. She (the doctor) also did a manual pelvic exam that confirmed that there was uterine growth. So far I have had all the signs of pregnancy (i.e.)morning sickness, fatigue and breast tenderness. I have not had any signs of a miscarraige (miscarriage), no bleeding or pelvic discomfort so I thought every thing was fine until today. The nurse set up another ultrasound for tomorrow per doctors request,the test will be perfomed by an ultrasound technician; I'm not sure if that will make a difference but we will see. I've sort of prepared my self for the worst with high hopes for the best but I'll have to wait until tomorrow. Please keep me in your prayers and I will do the same for you all. I will keep everyone updated.

PS. if this has happened to you please share your experience with me, it will be a great help.

Thank you for your time and prayers,
TLHMRB

Thank you for your time and prayers,
TLHMRB

Thank you for your time and prayers,
TLHMRB
Hello

I had a  6 week ultrasound yesterday . my doctor said that she could not   able to see and  embryo or egg . She said she  worried that there is something like  septum or polyp growth in my uterus .  As  i am not bleeding she  said she will waite for one more week and then will do my abortion ?

can you suggest me something ?  
will i able to have healthy babies after this procedure ?
Do you think my doctor is following routine procedure  or do i need to take  second advice ?
how Dangerous is Polyp or septum growth ?
when there no growth inside why am i not bleeding ?

Deepti Aggarwal

Oh I am so glad I found you all. I went in for my 8 wk u/s last thur. My baby was only measuring 6 1/2 wks. I have no symptoms of being pregnant never did with this pregnancy. I was shocked. OB said he saw some fluttering but no heart beat. I go back tomorrow for 2 u/s. No bleeding mild cramping through pregnancy. I was really sick with last 3 children. I was on clomid and OB said that may be why I was only 6 1/2 wks. That doesn't add up to me? Any of you not feeling symptoms?
HI ALL, I HAVE VISITED THIS SITE A COUPLE OF TIMES BUT JUST NOW AM ABLE TO TYPE A RESPONSE..FIRST OF I WOULD LIKE TO SAY GOD BLESS THE WOMEN HAVE EITHER EXPERIENCED A MISCARRIAGE OR THINK THEY MIGHT BE ABOUT TO.  I MYSELF HAVE HAD MY SHARE OF THEM ALSO.  JUST 7.5 MONTHS AGO I LOST A SET OF TRIPLETS AT 19.5 WEEKS DUE TO PROM(PREMATURE RUPTURE OF MEMBRANES )ON ONE BABY.TWO MONTHS BEFORE THAT I HAD WHAT IS KNOWN AS A MIS ABORTION. I WENT IN FOR AN U/S B/C I HAD BEEN CALLING AND C/O AN OFF AND ON BLEEDING SPELL.THE NURSE FINALLY INSTRUCTED ME TO COME IN FOR AN U/S (I WAS SUPPOSED TO BE 9 WEEKS)AND DISCOVERED THAT THE BABY HAD DIED AT 6 WEEKS. THERE WAS A HUGE BLOD CLOT AROUND THE BABY AND THAT WAS WHAT THE BLEEDING SPELLS WAS COMING FROM.I ALSO HAD A MISCARRIAGE AT THE AGE OF 16-I REALLY DONT KNOW WHAT HAPPENED THEN.NOW I AM 8 WEEKS PREGNANT AND SCARED TO DEATH THAT SOMETHING WILL GO WRONG.SO I KNOW HOW ALL OF YOU LADIES FEEL, ESPECIALLY AFTER I HAD WHAT IS CALLED UNEXPLAINED FERTILITY AFTER A SUCCESFUL BIRTH (2 IN MY CASE).  I SOON DISCOVERED AFTER GOING TO ANOTHER FERTILITY DR. THAT I WASN'T OVULATING.I WAS PUT ON CLOMID AND THAT IS HOW I CONCEIVED THE LAST THREE TIMES. I HAVE ONE QUEST. THOUGH, HAVE ANY OF YOU HAD AN U/S AND THE DOCTOR TELL YOU THAT EVERYTHING LOOKS GOOD, THE BABY IS MEASURING FINE , BUT (THERE'S ALWAYS A BUT) THERE IS A SMALL AMOUNT OF EITHER FLUID OR BLOOD COLLECTION AROUND THE BABY. HE SIAD IT IS NORMAL.IT WILL LEAVE ONCE THE BABY FILLS OUT THE SAC,AND THAT AT LEAST 50% OF THE PREGNANT WOMEN THAT COME INTO THE OFFICE HAVE THIS AND IT IS PERFECTLY NORMAL AND NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT-IS IT REALLY

GOD BLESS EVERYONE IN THEIR OWN SPECIAL SITUATION
THERE IS HOPE FOR YOU WHO ARE IN LIMBO!  I am a healthy 26 year old mother of two.  My husband and I found out we were expecting three and a half weeks ago. Two days after my positive test I was hit with a "somethings wrong" feeling.  HCG tests showed normaly, I was sent home with a look like I was crazy.  The feeling stuck a week later I had bleeding and craping.  A trip to the ER showed still normal HCG levels and they wanted to send me home (the bleeding had stopped, no dialiation)  I refused to leave with out an ultrasound (those docters are working for me)  After two tecnicions and a doctor looked no baby was able to be found.  I was not to upset as i knew something had gone wrong.  I was sent home with information on a Blighted Ovum ( already knew what it was I have had one before.  We waitied another week, no more bleeding so I called the docter and had another ultrasound.  The baby sack and yolk sack said 7 wks, my LMP said 8 wks pregnant, my HCG levels were over 50,000 (should see heartbeat by 4,000 to 6,000).  Where is that baby?  What is going on?  I statred telling my husband that I loved my children but this whole thing was taking a toll on me, this baby either need to live or leave ( sorry if that offend anyone)  I went back yesterday for a 9 week ultrasound, I had had the option for a D & C but I had to be 100 % sure there was no baby first.  Well guess what? There it was the baby, 7.5 weeks (by size) heartbeat and all.

None of us have any idea where he has been hiding all this time, but am I glad I didn't opt for the D & C two weeks ago.  If your not bleeding heavly and having major craming don't stress so much.  Some bleeding during early pregnancy s common (had it with my other two), just try and relax.  slow growth or small size (known as SGA, small for gestational age) can have many causes, among wich are poor nutrition, bad oxygen flow to the baby, genetics of small parents, and other less nice stuff such as drugs and alchol.  

If you are one of the loving mothers who is doing all you can to assure a healthy enviornment for you baby then just sit back and relax.  Talk to your docoter and family for support.  Things have a way of turing out o.k.,and if they don't end up the way you want, babies leave us early on because of major medical problems, though they are none the less loved.

If any one has any questions I will help the best I can.
To MommaOlson,

Thanks for your positive words of wisdom. Much needed today! I'm 9w 2d and had first us today, which showed baby at 6.5wks and no heartbeat. Had two miscarriages within the last 12 months at 5 weeks on own. Before I knew I was pregnant this time I had one too many glasses of wine and wonder if this could be the reason for the slow growth? Anyone have any experience with this?

The Dr. tested HCG today and I go back on Monday for another test to see if #'s double. I have been slightly spotting brown, which Dr. said could be caused by the progesterone. No cramping and bbs hurt slightly.  I'll keep my fingers crossed for all of us.
I have just had my second miscarriage in 8 months, I had a D&C two weeks ago.  I seem to be much sadder this time around, I think it is because things seemed to be going so well this time.  My Beta's were rising and at 6 weeks they saw a fetal pole, but no heartbeat, we were told it was normal, because the pregnany was so early.  I began spotting 2 weeks later, went in for sonogram and the fetal pole had dissolved back into my body and no sign of heart beat.  We have been trying for so many years.  I have PCOS so we have been on Chlomed and most recently Repronex, but both times we have gotten pregnant on our own.  I am to the point I feel like giving up.  I will be 40 in July and just not sure emotionally I can take much more.  I have a wonderful doctor and he told me, he will not let me give up, because we have come so far.  Has anybody gone through what I have and wound up with a healthy baby?  The thought of getting pregnant again is is so scarey, just because I am not doing well emotionally.  My doctor said he was going to start a battery of tests on me since this is my second miscarraige (miscarriage).  I am up for any advice anybody has out there.  Thanks so much...
I had a transvaginal ultrasound yesterday and the technician said she saw no heartbeat. I should be 8 weeks 5 days. The radiology report said I was 8 weeks 2 days. Could they be wrong about the heartbeat? Do I get another ultrasound?
I had an ultrasound on 9/25/07 and the doctor saw a sac but wasn't sure if he could see a baby. He said that the baby was measuring smaller than I thought. He didn't see a heartbeat and said that he did not think it was a healthy, normal pregnancy, and that I would probably miscarry. I don't really know when we conceived, and although I thought I was about 10 weeks, I really have no idea, except that I had a positive pregnancy test at the doctor's on 8/21/07. I have another u/s on 10/3/07 to see if the baby has grown at all and if there is a heartbeat. That is the only way it would be a healthy pregnancy. I am trying not to have hope, because I will be so disappointed if I know next week that the baby is for sure not living. I don't know what to do in the mean time. My husband and I have a strong relationship with Christ and he is helping us through this, but I don't know if I should have hope or not at all? Which is easier??
i AM 30 YRS OLD AND HAVE 3 BEAUTIFUL CHILDREN. MY HUSBAND AND I DECIDED WE WANTED ONE MORE. SO I HAD MY IUD TAKEN OUT MAY 15 AND FINALLY GOT PREGNANT IN AUGUST. I WENT IN FOR AN EARLY US (TRANS VAGINAL) ON SEPT 21 AND THERE WAS NO HEARTBEAT. THE BABY WAS MEASURING 7 WEEKS AND MY HCG'S WERE AT 50,000. I WENT IN FOR A SECOND TRANS VAGINAL US ON SEPT 27 AND STILL NO HEARTBEAT. THEY HAVE TOLD ME I HAVE 2 CHOICES. TO HAVE A D&C OR TO LET THE MISCARRIAGE HAPPEN NATURALLY. THE WEIRD THING IS I HAVE NO SYSTOMS OF A MISCARRIAGE AND STILL HAVE A LOT OF PREGNANCY SYMPTOMS. NO CRAMPING, NO BLEEDING. I WENT BACK TO THE DAY I CONCEIVED WHICH WAS AUGUST 13, SO I AM 8 WEEKS PREGNANT RIGHT NOW, BUT THEY SAY I SHOULD 9 WEEKS BECAUSE OF MY LAST PERIOD, WHICH BY THE WAY MY PERIODS ARE NOT NORMAL.
ANYONE HAVE ANYTHING LIKE THIS HAPPEN OR ANYTHING TO SAY? HELP I AM SO SCARED...
the doctor said that my baby had no heart beat and that my baby had quit developing at 7 and 1/2 weeks but in my hospital papers, they said that one day my baby quit developing at 8 weeks 2 days then the next day i went in it said 8 weeks 3 days. I ended up miscarrying. does anyone out there know if hospitals terminate a pregnacy without the patient knowing because something is wrong with the way the baby is developing?
Heather19, unless you had a D&C, the hospital can't do anything to cause you to miscarry. So sorry that it happened. I'm going through the same thing right now.
Here's my deal: I should be about 9 weeks.......I went in for an u/s around 6 weeks, and there was only a yolk sac, no heartbeat. I went in the other day at 9 weeks, and they saw a 5.5 week embryo, no heart beat. I go in today for 1 more u/s @ a dr. with better equiptment. I have no miscarriage symptoms, but I have to say that I don't feel the same as my first 2 healthy pregnancies. I am only a tiny bit nauseous (why can't I spell that word?!) at times and my boobs don't hurt as much as they did a few weeks ago (but could that be normal anyway?) I've had blinding headaches and I almost fainted while brushing my teeth last night. Really scary- no reason at all. Anyway, I read all these posts that turn out ok. I don't want to terminate if there's any chance.......I read that miscarriage pains are as bad as labor. OMG, really? I'm really not looking forward. Also, I'm wondering if anyone has an answer to this: My husband spends a lot of time in the hot tub. They say that it damages the quality of the sperm. Anyone else have this happen? I also was taking 2 prescriptions of antibiotics for a vicious sinus infection when I found out I was pregnant.  Ahh, the blame game........Hang in there, ladies. I just read that 85% of women go on to have normal pregnancies after miscarriage. Doesn't make this one any easier, though, does it?
Update: Sadly, u/s #3 confirmed what the others said. Now have to take meds to miscarry............bummer. Anyone out there who had success even under these circumstances?
I am 8 wks after a "successful" IVF. Fetus measures 18mm (last week it was at 8mm), but doctor thinks this is "last day". Heartbeat only at 90. I have another ultrasound on Monday. She doesn't believe we'll see a heartbeat at all. Any thoughts on if the hearbeat could come up?
hey guys, i was nine weeks pregnant as well, started to spot brownish colour. waited until next day then went to gyn doctor, then was rushed to hospital with a placenta abruption??? ... i doubted that it was placenta abruption, as i was not that far into my pregnancy. anyways, had u/s scan at hospital and my baby had no heart beat. i was devastated ( still in denial) that my prescious little angel was gone forever. i was given the option of having a natural miscarriage , which started the morning after. it was unbearable to flush my baby down the toilet. i cannot explain to you guys how bad the pain is.its been two days now and i am not sure if i believe what had happened to my husband and i. sorry for your losses and may god help you all to overcome.

mel.
I went in on last wed because I was spotting (only when I wiped) and I was suppose to be 12 weeks along and my doctor did not hear a heart beat on the dopler so she sent me in for a u/s the radiologist came in after a regular u/s and intravaginal and told me the fetus stopped developing at about 8 weeks.  I could not believe and still cant that I have been carrying around a baby that has not been alive for a month.  It is the most difficult thing I have had to deal with.  They told me I could m/c on my own or opt for a dnc it has been 5 days and I have yet to bleed any heavier than a normal period.  my doctor called this morning and informed me that they also saw a dermoid cyst on my ovary.  I am going to be seen tomorrow by a different OB and I am going to ask for a dnc as I cannot live with the feeling of waiting to pass my unborn child and the waiting is horrible and I just want to move on.  I can tell you that it really is the worst feeling emotionally in the world for me.  I miss being pregnant everyday an I will for a long time.  I will never forget my little angel.  
God bless everyone who has had to go through this and stay strong.  Don't give up.  I know I wont.

hi
i just wanted to know has anyone been diagnosed a miscarriage only for it to be misdiagnosed. my dilemma is i started bleeding on saturday and went to er, bleeding was light but red and they did a uss and diagnosed me with a threatened miscarriage, er then told me to go to early pregnancy unit on Monday for blood tests to see if HCG levels were doubling. so i went on Monday but they  said its better to do another uss, they said they could dee the gestational and yolk sac and the uterus looked normal even though bleeding was moderate with mild period pains, and booked me for another appointment in 2 weeks. when saying moderate i used a maximum of a pad and a half  a day for the rest of the week till date, and strangely found that when i sat or lay down i hardly bled but when i went toilet i used to drip ( not pour)as they also suggested bed rest for 2 weeks. so here i am 1 week later and yesterday i began to clot about the size of like 50p  it did again today twice and so i went back to er and they did another uss and told me that its coming away slowly. i could see the gestational sac there and the doctor even asked if i had pictures from the last scan to compare hers too. she discharged me saying i have had a complete miscarriage but if i was to start bleeding heavier i should go back to the early pregnancy unit.
by my lmp dates i am 6 weeks 5 days today... if i go on monday i will be 7 weeks gestational age 5 weeks fetus, is that too early to hear a heartbeat?

I never thought Id be one on here posting. My story is somewhat similiar but different yet. I became pregnant unknown of the exact conception date due to irregular periods. My husband and I were so happy to concieve (conceive) again as we had tried for over a year. We have a beautiful intelligent 2 1/2 year old daughter at home.

I began feeling as if something was not "right" around 4-5 weeks. I had severe cramping that would make me double over, pain in my left side around what felt like my ovary. Fear of having an ectopic pregnancy I made an appointment at the ob office. That morning I could only get in to see the practicioner. She sent me for a transvaginal u/s and HCG test. On the u/s it showed me at 5wks5days- the earliest she said she had ever detected a heartbeat- but there it was flickering away on the screen. My HCG levels were normal for the time frame. I was told that I was experiencing my uterus growing and that was were the cramping was from but if I began to bleed to go to the ER. I continued to cramp somewhat severely off and on for the next 3 weeks. They then scheduled my first prenantal visit for a few weeks earlier, so at the frist of January instead of the last.  No bleeding, severly nauseated, sore breasts, etc. But I continued to tell my husband that I felt as if something was not right because this was SOOO different from my first pregnancy.

I went into that visit thinking I was ok, I still had all the signs of pregnancy. I set down with the nurse and went through a battery of questions, history, and joked with them about my pregnancy. She then turned me over to the u/s tech to have another u/s to make sure of my exact due date since I had no idea of my LMP and my other u/s was so early.

I began joking with the us tech becauseshe attempted to us the regular stomach us and with my tilted uterus could not see much so opted for a transvaginal. She poked, and poked, and poked. I could see the circle on the screen, stating "oh there it is". She just answered "yeah". And continued to move the transvaginal u/s around to the point were I was becoming uncomfortable. I then looked at her face and knew. I asked her what was wrong, and she bagan to apologize to me- that she was so sorry...she couldnt find a heartbeat and the sac was not measure where it should be for 8wks3days. I began to cry. She then left to go get the Ob doctor. He came in and confirmed- no heartbeat which at 8 weeks should have been seen and even more should have been there since it was at 6 weeks. He told me I had a blighten ovum, and that my baby had just stopped developing. He gave me the option for a d&C or to wait until I miscarried on my own and then come to the ER to make sure it was a complete miscarriage. Having a child at home and a husband that works crazy hours I opted for the d&C. I will have this tomorrow. I am heart broken. I have cried fo 3 days and taken a week off from work (my employer was not happy or even sympathic with me for this). Has anyone else had a simliar experience where the heartbeat was there and then was not?

HI, I am kind of going though the same things. I started bleeding @ 6 weeks and i went to the doctor and she did an internal ultra sound but found no heartbeat or the fetus only the yolk sac. She just sent me on my way to the hospital to have blood take and told me to go back to work tomorrow and dont worry about anything.So I did but also continued to bleed at work. So i called my midwife again and she told me only to come in if it got worst. Well the bleeding hasnt got worst but the Pain and cramps have. I have to go to the doctor again next week for thr 8 week check up and i am actually kind of scared to know what could happen. I wonder if I should get a new doctor because this one sounds like she doesnt know what she is talking about. Does anyone have any pointers on whether i should get a real doctor if a midwife is good enough. I just have all these problems going on at one time and i cant handle that and work and all the stress.  I just need some type of an opinion. I am lost.....
I have had no signs of a msc but all along thought this pregnancy seemed different than my first. At 6w 1d my us showed every thing normal and healthy! We even found a heart beat at 6 weeks. We just went in today for an 8 week appt and the baby measured 7w 6d, so pretty right on. Oh and I had thrown up just a day ago, and this morning still took a pill to help with the nausea I felt today. BUT after we measured we looked for the heartbeat. Nothing! So sad! My doc said I was the first today, but it happens often, she had 2 girls yesterday whi also found no heartbeats. So now what? I felt prego and sick just this morning?! My doc mentioned both ways to deal with it. But I am not bleeding or cramping...but if I lost the baby, why wait for the msc to happen -just get a D&C now?! Agh so emotional!!
I know it was about a month ago you posted but I hope you update to let us know what you decided.  I previously had a miscarriage in April, it aborted before I even realized I was pregnant.  I just found out I was pregnant again.  I am 6w3d according to my dates.  I just went in to have a vaginal ultrasound and everything looked normal, yolk sac, embryo, and it was even measuring big at 6w5d.  Unfortunately, they did not find a heartbeat.  My HCG #'s have been going up and up like normal.  The doctor didn't give me much hope.  I have no signs of miscarriage so I plan on going back in in a week to see if there has been any more growth or if it has stopped.  The Dr. said if it died it must have just happen within the last day or so since it was still big for my dates.  I am hoping for someone to give me some positive feedback.  
Erica007-I hope everything checked out ok on the second ultrasound. I have read a lot of posts saying that sometimes the heartbeat doesn't get picked up.  Let me know how you are doing.  

I am 7 weeks. I just had an ultra sound at 6 weeks 2 days because I have been spotting brownish for a few weeks.  We were able to see the heartbeat. The tech was surprised as I was only 6 weeks 2 days in. But it was on the slow side at 105 bpm according to my doctor who said it should be around 150 bpm. I have another ultrasound booked for next Thurs. and I've had bloodwork done to check my hcg and progesterone levels.  The spotting is very faint and the cramping has subsided.  This is my first pregnancy at 37yrs old and I'm hoping for the best.
I am mum of 2 kids(5&3), had a miscarriage ended 15w with everythings normal but that horrible day. This time I found I am preganent.

went in 6w1D with U/S, no heartbeat, Dr said 50% chance misc, went in 7w1d, still no heartbeat, u/s shows the sac only 6W, dr. said 90% chance misc will happened. I decided wait and let nature take the lead, after another 2weeks hell days but yet with hope, today went in for 3rd U/S
today is  9w1d, still no heartbeat, but see SAC growing a lot, but still said only 6w3d, this time dr. even confused with the sac growing, I will go in next week to do last check with all the hope.

Everything could happen next week, I will let you know if there is a good news, but if you don't see my post anymore that means I had a miscarriage, I will be alright

Glad have this forum and see many mums went through all these pains
Good morning all,  My name is JoAnn and i'm 40 years old.  I have a 19 year old son. I did a home preg. test and had a positive outcome : ) . a week later i visited the Dr. to find out I was 6.1 week pregnant and a very strong heart beat was present, I was so excited.  My next scheduled appt was two weeks later.  I was now 8 weeks but no heart beat was found.  I'm so crushed and i'm trying my best to be strong. I have a Dr. appt on 3/12/10 Friday, for another sono to make sure before i'm scheduled for D & C.  This will  make my third m/c within 3 years.  I feel so broken up but i guess it's not meant for me at this time.  My prayers and heart go out to all. I wish you all the best.
im 20... i was told recently that i may never have children... i cry about it almost every night.... i had my 3rd and worst m/c oct. 18, 2009... the doctor made me pass it naturally bc he didnt want to risk damaging my uteris... i was in constant pain for 5 weeks untill it finally passed... its been 10 months and i still cant get over it... most of my friends have recently become parents... and i have yet to concive again... we tried for almost a year the first time... and i still cant seem to get preg... and i have cramps all the time... but i cant get over it one bit... what do i do?
Hello everybody, I'm 26 and 7.5 weeks pregnant according to my LMP of 26th Jul. In today's scan however, the doc could only see the sac and no embryo. She said it looked like it was just 5.5 weeks gestational Age and termed it as delayed pregnancy. Now, i wanted to know if there is anyone who can help me understand this better. The doc has asked me to come back after 2 weeks to see any progress. She said it could go either way for me. Is there anyone who has been through any similar episode before? Thank you all in advance
Last March my doctor told my husband and I that our baby did not have a heartbeat at 8 weeks.  I had a D&C days later.  It was a very sad time for me as I desperately wanted this baby.  It was a very big loss but I never gave up hope.  Three months later found out I was pregnant again and I am now 34 weeks pregnant with a baby girl. Things are looking very healthy this time around and I am feeling very blessed for this.  Please ladies never give up hope.  Although I constantly worry things will go wrong again I have HOPE that things will be well in the end.  Keep the faith ladies!
Hi everyone, glad so many people were on here, i had a u/s 6w3days and baby was fine, went back for a 9 week u/s and fetal pole was there but no heart beat and only measured 6 weeks 1 day im so confused!! I keep wanting to hope but i know with no growth for 3 weeks its not possible, yet my hcg is 45,00 and they are making me do another scan next week, I dont want to wait!!! let alone have to deal with looking at my dead baby again... is there any way it could still be alive they said it could be a 6 week pregnancy but i was already 6 weeks 3 weeks ago! anyone had anything similar?
HELLO,
THIS IS MY FIRST TIME ON SITE AND I READ ALL OF UR POST, I GET MORE SCARED, BUT ALSO GLAD OF SOME LIL HOPE. MY LMP WAS 4-16-11, I HAD A POS PG TEST ON 5-2511 IT WAS A .99 HME TEAT SO OS COURSE I WAS IN DENIAL UNTIL I WENT 2 DA DR. OFFICE N DA NURSE CONFIRMED IT

SO I HAD MY 1ST U/S YESTERDAY N DAR DR SAW MY FULL BLADDER,LOL WHICH BTW IT WAS A LIL DISCOMFORT WHILE HE WAS DOING DA U/S. HE ALSO SAW MY BBY SAC, N MY BBY, BUT HE CLD NOT HEAR A ):HEARTBEAT:( N SAID DAT I MAESURED ONLY 6WKS 1DAY. I WAS DRAWN FOR A QUANT COUNT N I GO BCK FRI 4 ANOTHER QUANT COUNT N REPEAT ANOTHER U/S NXT WED. IM SO CONFUSED HOW COULD DAT B IM SO CONFUSED N SCARED FOR MY HUSBAND N I HAVE BEEN TRYING FOR DA LONGEST N THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED 2 ME.WE ALREADY HAVE 2 WONDERFUL BOYS 13YRS N 11YRS N THIS BBY MEANS ALOT 2 US....

CAN ANY1 PLS GIVE ME ANY ADVICE, OR HELP ME UNDERSTAND WHA IT HAPPENING
Hi im 8 weeks pregnant April 27 i did a test possitive im Very Happy. However sat 19 i started spoting sun. I didnt at all then monday i started to feel pain in My lower back and i started to bleed a little more. I Went to the hospital did a ultrasound babys in the right place My uteres is closed but no heartbeat found. Im so scared sad dont know what to expect i just want to have My baby. Can someone tell me if i should be concerned.
smily,   I think you need to be prepared for a possible early miscarriage.  

If you got a positive pregnancy test on April 27,  it's likely you're at least 7 1/2 weeks along,  and a heartbeat should have been seen on the ultrasound.

It's also possible that you're not quite as far along as that,  though,  and your baby is okay.

Do you "feel" pregnant?  (Very sore breasts,  nausea?)

I had two early miscarriages and I know the sense of loss.  But I did go on to have 3 healthy babies,  so that's good news.

Prayers everything is okay.   If this pregnancy ended early,  that's so common - there is so much risk in the first 2 months.
This is the best post i've read, after searching for some answers!!
I went in for my 8 week scan last monday, as i have ovarian issues and really wanted to make sure everything was ok.
The sonographer said the size of the yolk sack seemed right but there was no heartbeat and got a 2nd opinion.
Both ladies had me leave in tears with the impression I had lost my baby, and I headed for my doctor!
I have sibnce done 3 blood tests, 2 results have come through, showing my levels dropped from 33,000 to 32,00 in 48 hours. Though not a significant drop i'm still a little concerned.
I find out my new levels today, whoch were taken friday and got form there!
I still FEEL pregnant and am trying to remain positive, but am scared!
I am 34, I have a 13 yr old daughter and never thought this would ever happen again.
So fingers crossed
x
I am going through the exact same situation right now and I do not wish to have a D&C if there could still be hope.  I trust my doctor but for my peace of mind I still think (and hope) she could be wrong.  Wondering if you or anyone else could let me know how this turned out for you
hi Tawa im sorry to hear about your loss I too was in a fender bender two weeks ago and feel that may have had a factor as to why the baby heartbeat is no longer there. im very upset to know and see my gf feel so sad! I wish that I didn't get in the fender bender did the issurance company say anything to you ? I know money cant bring the baby back but I feel like my gf should be somewhat compensated for lost time of work and the loss of our the baby she was 12 weeks I dunno what to do to make my gf feel better and I wish I could sue the insurance cus im angry if the person hadt hit us the baby might still be growing perfectly fine! :(
sorry to hear about your lost...but you should try again this time try staying in the hospital