No heartbeat picked up on Doppler Monitor at 14 weeks and bleeding for 2 weeks
Ok, first of all 2 weeks ago I went into the ER due to heavy bleeding.  I had an emergency ultrasound and the baby was doing great - strong heartbeat and growing right on schedule!  This was great news but they kept me in the hospital all night just to be sure.  The bleeding stopped for a couple of days and then I had brownish discharge for about 4 days.  Now I am having bright red spotting again.  I went to my doctor the other day and he used the Doppler monitor to check baby's heartbeat but he couldn't get one.  He then did an internal exam to make sure my cervix wasn't dialated because he was a little concerned.  Thankfully it wasn't but I am still worried about not hearing the heartbeat.  Is this normal at 14 weeks?  Any advice or experiences that may help me would be great!
Nickie
SOunds scary.  I bleed a lot in early pregnancy but they always found the hb.  Demand an ultrasound.  They always gave them to me whenever I asked.  That will help you relax.

Praying for you...  Good LUck.
I agree.  You definitely need another u/s.  You should be able to hear the heartbeat at 14 weeks with a Doppler.

Good luck!!
Your doctor didn't hear the heartbeat and then just sent you home without doing an ultrasound?? That does not seem right! I would be demanding an ultrasound NOW. Please let us know how this turns out. My thoughts are with you.
You need an us.  Dopplers are a little inconsistent.  Are you in NF?

By the way, I love NF, spent 2 weeks camping in Gros Morne in 2004, hoping to get to St John's in the fall.
hi i would agree get another u/s as soon as you can but i did have the same problem with my son my uterus was tilted backwards and that's why they were having a problem but they did and u/s to check until they could find it with the Doppler I'm having the same thing again and I'm at 11 week and they cant find the hb with Doppler so i go for another u/s on Friday of this week and just had one on sat the 17 of march i also lost one of my twins but they checked me this much with my son as well  so maybe its that your uterus is tilted backwards but they can check when they do an internal, but yes get the u/s done as soon as you can best of luck keep us posted
I would also agree, insist on an ultrasound, as far as "should've" heard the heartbeat at 14 weeks, this is not always the case.  For me it took a little longer but the baby is strong and everything is alright and that was proven in ultrasounds.
I agree that he should have done an u/s, but I also agree that you can't always hear the baby on a doppler. Depending on the doppler, baby's position, maternal weight/body style.

Andrea
I didn't hear the heartbeat at my 13 week appt and the following day I had an u/s and thank God everything was good with a heartbeat of 167 bpm.  Definitely demand an u/s asap.  Good luck.
Thanks for the advice and comments.  I have an appointment for next Thursday with my doctor.  He says that if he still doesn't pick up a heartbeat he will send me for an u/s immediately.   I am anticipating that appointment, so many things go through your mind while you wait.  I already have a 18 month old son and that pregnancy was so different.  I wasn't sick and I never had any bleeding at all.  It's scary when things happen different then you expect but I will keep praying.  One good note though, today was the first day in about 2 weeks that I have had no spotting or brownish discharge.  I think that is a good sign and I will keep my hopes high.  I will be sure and let you know how things go next week.