Maternal & Child Community
No longer feeling sleepy at week 8 during first trimester. Am I miscar...
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

No longer feeling sleepy at week 8 during first trimester. Am I miscarrying?

Hi.  I'm 8 weeks pregnant.  Between 4 week to a few days ago, I always feel tired and wake up sleepy even after 10 hours of sleep.  Right now, I can't fall asleep and wakes up at 5 or 6am fully alert only after 6 ot 7 hours of sleep.  Furthermore, I can hear my heart beat really hard at night.  It beats feel inconsistent.  Aside of breast tenderness and stuffy nose, I have no other symptoms.  Even my breasts stopped growing since last week.  Are any of those normal pregnancy symptoms or signs of miscarriage?
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I think as long as you are still feeling some symptoms then everything is OK.  I'm 5 weeks and I was nervous yesterday b/c my breast were less sensitive all of a sudden.  But, I woke up at 3:00 in the mornign to use the bathroom and it felt like they were on fire so I guess those symptoms just come and go.  I also talked to my friend last night who is 6 months pregnant.  She said her symptoms would come and go and she would be nervous every time.  As long as they don't disappear completley, and you don't have any severe cramping or bleeding, you are probably fine!
Blank
All of the symptoms come and go. I don't think you have anything to worry about. My tiredness definitely would come and go.

The heartbeat thing I have in the first trimester too. When I sleep my heart feels like it is racing and feels really irregular. It always goes away after the first trimester. It sounds normal to me. I think it is something with the increased blood flow.
Blank
On Fire! WOW!! Just kidding...! :-) Had obvious EWCM today, 1 day past my nomal O date. hmmm Took full advantage of the CM sign and increaded Sex drive. Temps are wierd though. Im feeling like We may have been right on target. Congrats again on your pregnancy. Wish us luck...!
Blank
I had very few symptoms in the beginning, night sweats, sore bb's but no sickness at all, I am now nearly 9 weeks and apart from weight gain hardly feel pregnant at all!
This makes me worry too but unless there is severe cramping or bleeding I am going to try not to worry too much.
hugs and babydust
    xxx
Blank
emcy2,

I'm actually about 8.5 weeks now.  We're so close!  Yeah, maybe we should be glad we have few symptoms.  But I couldn't sleep until after 3 hours of rolling around the bed last night!  Hope I'll sleep better tonight.

Good luck!
Blank
Oh, I gained a couple of pounds from week 4 to 7, but haven't gained weight for 1.5 weeks now.  Maybe a couple of pounds is too hard to determine.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating: What Your Closet ...