Maternal & Child Community
No movement

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

No movement

I am 23 weeks pregnant and have been feeling movement on a daily basis for about two weeks.   Today, however, I haven't felt any movement.  Should I be concerned or is this normal.    I was going to try and wait and see if I feel movement later this evening and then if I still don't feel anything go to the ER tomorrow morning.  What do you all think.
They always say better safe then sorry, but I remember that sometimes even up till 25wks my DD would be lazy and not move till late at night. A lot of times babies move and you don't feel it.

Hi.  Baby movements can be best felt if you are lying down.  They say when you are active the constant moving of the baby actually puts them to sleep.  I would try lying on one side and see if the baby moves then.  You could also try eating something that contains sugar or caffeine.  Also keep in mind that baby is not very big yet and she/he is moving around, not just kicking.  Kicks are the easiest to feel but the other movements count too and they may be very hard to feel at 23 weeks.  They say you should definately be monitoring fetal movements and if you feel a decrease or stop in movements call or go into the doctors right away.  They can hear the heart and reassure that everything is okay.  Also when I was pregnant I was such a worry wart.  I definately was checking the baby movements all the time and for me feeling throughout the day was not enough.  I went to Target and bought the Summer monitor, to monitor the baby movements.  Even though it only cost 20 dollars I have to say that if really worked for me.  I could hear the heartbeat just as good as when i was going to the doctor.  Depending on what the baby is doing it will be softly heard or really loud but either way it so reassuring.  At five months I could hear movements but I really couldn't hear the heart.  From six months on I could hear the heart clear and strong.  Keeping you in my prayers, God Bless.
Hi guys....I have almost a similar kinda problem...tho not exactly the same...I'm 20w2d pregnant as of today and i was wondering about my baby's movements. Everywhere it says I should be able to feel some kind off movements in this week and every where the movement has been described as ''fluttering butterflies/growling stomach''! How would i differentiate between a regular growling stomach(like when u r hungry) and the movements? I'm really confused. I have been feeling some growling or weird feeling in my stomach(like when there's gas pain) but i don't know how to pinpoint the actual movements!
I'm going crazy by just thinking abt it...i'm scared as well as to y can't i understand the movements and if every thing is ok. Also can somebody plz tell me exactly when shud one have a bump?

Thanx guys!
I've never had a baby but I've heard if you drink a big COLD glass of water it wakes the baby up and it should make him or her move around...it's worth a try
I am 33 weeks and sometimes my baby will not move much certain days either, when they go through growth spurts they tend to sleep more, thus less movement. I am sure you are fine, if you want to be sure, drink or eat something sugary and lay down this will prob get baby moveing. I think someone once told me Mt Dew works wonders, I never tried it though since I hate that stuff.
Last night when I went to bed my started moving and I felt releif.    I guess she just has days where she isn't as active.  Today I have felt her off and on several times.    My husband got to feel her move for the first time this morning.    

Dove1980, I first felt flutters at 20 weeks and now her movements are getting stronger.   Just this week I could feel the movements by placing my hand on my belly but I know there are some women who have felt movement early on.   To me, it never felt like a growling stomach just flutters.    
i have not felt my baby move for two days am 25 weeks any advice????
I had this about a week ago I felt my baby move every day then one day nothing till my co worker dropped something and it shattered. I guess the loud noise startled it lol