Maternal & Child Community
No period, nausea, cramping, tired, hungry
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

No period, nausea, cramping, tired, hungry

Here is my situation and would love people opinions in this matter.

I started my period March 16/17th, 2009. Lasted three weeks which was not normal since my period usually last 4 to to 5 days max. I went to the doctor they said I had disfunctional bleeding and they prescribed medicine. I took maybe two to three pills and my disfunctional bleeding stoped around April 6. The doctor explained that I would get a period in April...well, no period for April and No period for May (with 2 days left in May). I am sleepy, cramping, my breats tingle, I have soft cramps, nauseous every so often (comes and goes), moody, now I have a running nose, funny taste in my mouth. I took 4 HPT all were NEGATIVE. I have a appointment 6/4 with the doctor. Am I or Could I be pregnant? Thank you
Tags: Pregnancy
Related Discussions
10 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
121828_tn?1333468091
I would have to assume being "that late" on your period with 4 negative hpt's that you are not pregnant.
Blank
906945_tn?1323359253
i have to disagree i've read MANY places that home pregnency test came out negative for many people and they were pregnant they also said they took the test plenty of times too so anything is possible.
Blank
Yes, that is true.  My sister took 6 HPT's and ended up going to the emergency for something else and was told that she was pregnant. She ended up having a miscarriage though. Thanks for the response.
Blank
167_tn?1374177417
I'm with kelly. 4 negative hpt's means not pregnant after missing 2 periods. Hcg is what keeps a pregnancy going, so anyone and everyone would test positive on a pregnancy test if pregnant.
Blank
906945_tn?1323359253
im sorry to hear about your sisters loss i hope she'll feels better soon
Blank
121828_tn?1333468091
Sure I have "heard" of this but don't really take it to heart.  In MOST cases, if you are pregnant you are going to come up + on a HPT.  Many things will make someone come up negative on a HPT, testing tooo early is one of them. Missing 2 periods would have enough hcg build up to measure on ANY hpt.  ALSO, seeings that you took medicine to "STOP" the bleeding is most likely the cause of no period.... .Sorry that there are people getting your hopes up but I'll have to bet you are not pregnant.
Blank
No one is getting my hopes up. Just want people opinions. Thanks

I will let everyone know what the doctor says next week. :0)
Blank
906945_tn?1323359253
i never said that you are pregnant im no doctor so i wouldnt know that i said its possible so i wouldnt say i bet no or i bet yes because another cause of these symptoms could be menopause including the prolonged bleeding anything is possible  go to the doctor and get a check up that's the only way you'd know
Blank
640548_tn?1340556955
You can't believe everything you find with google.  You could google any particular subject and find thousands of pages that give different information.

Good luck at the Dr. I hope you get some answers.
Blank
167_tn?1374177417
Ditto, again, on what Kelly said. There is always some explanation for a negative on an hpt, if you are indeed pregnant. Usually, it's testing too early and then again until way later into the pregnancy. It can also be a faulty test. But, every pregnancy produces hcg into the urine and blood. Without it, the pregnancy wouldn't even start or continue. Google doesn't have ALL facts. Googling something will give you anything you want to find.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank