No poop?
Help! Dominic has not pooped since about 11 pm last night! he has been peeing...what do i do?
His doctors office is "temporaily" closed! and say their going to transfer us to the childrens hopsital in philly....and they dont ! they transfer us to their old office that merged with the office hes at and they just tell us their ours and arnt helpful at all!
oh honey- don't panic. it's normal for babies on breast milk to go for days- even up to a week, without pooping. my doctor said it was because their stools are so soft they just don't feel the urge to push. also, breast milk is so efficiently digested there's little waste. my dd went from pooping 8 to 10 times a day (no joke) to not going for a week. as long as his tummy is hard and he doesn't seem to be in pain, he's doing fine.
oh, as as for what you should do- enjoy it while it lasts!   :)
chances are, if he's not pooping as frequently, you are in for the gigantic explosive poops that pour out of the diaper. ahh... now those were some fun months.
hes been soo so so fussy he wont hardely eat. and hes been grunting something horrible. i feel bubbles and i hear something. but its just farts nothing  will com out. ill try not to worry but i cant get him to calm down. hes not taking long naps at all.
I feel your pain. Reilly is the same way. He went from having 5-6 poops a day to barely having one. He grunts and fusses. I tried the infant glycerine suppositories. They work great. I've used it twice and both times he went right away. But I don't want him to depend on them. I know this might sound gross but I tried massaging his butt with vaseline and that worked too. I just want him to go on his own...UGH!! When he goes a eats better and sleeps longer. I'm also waiting for his pedi to call me back.
kim one thing you can do is push his little knees to his chest and see if that helps.  you can do that and use a thermometer (rectal of course) and lube it and place it in his bottom just about half inch to an inch unless there is resisitance, and it can do the trick too.  maybe try a warm bath.  its ok for them not to, but if they seem uncomfortable id try to help relieve them.  addison is having the same thing, what did we eat? lol
Something else the docs told me to do with my first to children, its kind of gross, but it will help. Make sure you shield yourself just in case, it can get messy, Lol!!! Take a rectal thermometer, put a little bit of vaseline or A & D Ointment on it and put it into the rectum just about a quarter of an inch and turn it a few times. This will make the rectal gland sense there is something there and Wala!!! Poop!!! Sorry, its gross, but I had to do it with my girls and it worked. Like I Said, wear an apron or a plastic bag, sometimes there are pretty big gas bubbles behind what is plugging things, especially if he is fussy.
Best to tackle the source of the problem, esp. at this age - either the thermometer or a glycerine suppository will unblock him.