Maternal & Child Community
Normal heart rate at 7 weeks, on ultrasound??!?!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Good morning.
Yesterday was my second US. I was told at my last one almost 2 weeks ago that I couldnt be 5 weeks then because of the US and my hcg was only in the 800's. She said possible M/C (AGAIN) or way early pregnancy. SO I did a follow up US yesterday just to see what was going on...we do AF so I KNOW my date of conception couldn't have been 2 weeks off. (meanwhile, I have done a couple HCG's and they are in way normal range for being 7 weeks). They saw the baby and the HB! Awwwwe. :) It was sooo adorable, we have never made it this far. My question is she said the heart rate was in the 130's and that was "normal". Can you tell me what your rate was around this time??
((((((hugs))))))) Jina
I think they say that anywhere from 120-160 is normal. Mine was around 140 at 7 weeks (I think).
Can you tell me what your hcg level is? I am in a very hard situation, my hcg level rise slowly, Dr. think it's non-viable pregnancy, I was on prometrium, took off last Saturday as Dr. suggested, he want the baby come out when my period come, I did bleed a lot Saturday and Sunday, this week just a little bleeding, Yesterday my hcg level still 1032, (my level is dpo19 115, dpo23 530, dpo30 693, dpo37 1032, it's don't doubling). Dr. said I might need a D&C, but I am wondering what if it's a good one, I heard some normal pregnancy do have a slow rising hcg level. I am just hoping.
I am at 11 weeks almost 12 on monday and I heard the heartbeats of my twins on wensday. BABY A was 167 and BABY B was 175 the doctor said that was perfetly normal. It is an old wives tale but they say that high heartbeats often mean girls and low heartbeats often mean boys. So maybe you are going to have a boy. I am hoping that I am having girls so that gives me hope for girls!!
Congrats! H/B sounds great!!!!!
Hi all, to the first question about hcg level. My level was last drawn last Monday and it was 6,800. when I thought we were almost 5 weeks the first time and I went to ER etc...it was only in the 800's but I had it drawn 2 days later and it doubled...as long as its doubling through the 1st trimester that is good....good luck!!
Let's face it there is no cut and dry anything when it comes to pregnancy....hang in there!!
As far as the heartbeats being high for girls and low for boys I have always heard that too, and from what I know it is pretty accurate, so GOOD LUCK with your twin girls?!?!? :) :) BTW-did you have IVF?
Jina
Actually no its just a freak thing that happened at conception!!! My egg after fertilization just happened to split into 2 so now i have 2 babys!! And yes we are soooo hoping GIRLS!! Im a little nervous though because on Baby B they found a mass on its neck which might be cystic hygroma. Ill will find out for sure on the 7th!! Ill update ya!!
When i was pregnant with DD, i had an US done at 9weeks and her HB was 164-174 very normal. When i got later on into my pregnancy her HB went to a steady 140, Dr said that it was very normal for that to happen. With this second pregnancy i had an US at 7 weeks, and the HB was only between 120-125 she was a little concerned but not really. At my first pre-natal visit when she heard the HB it was between 130-140, and at this last pre-natal visit it was in the 160's. I go for my 18 week US on Wednesday, I can't wait to see my little peanut.
am in the same boat. had a 7 week ultrasound today and was told the heartbeat was 120 which is at the low end of normal. the u/s tech said she wasnt worried. had a miscarriage in march (no fetal pole or heartbeat at 7 weeks) and was thrilled to see a fetal pole and heartbeat this time, but am worried now about the heart rate... anyone have this low a heartbeat at 7 weeks?
I am 6 weeks 6 days today.  Although I don't understand dates. My last period began April 25th, Had IVF egg retrieval May 7th, Embryo transfer May 12th. Two sacs seen last week friday (5 weeks 6 days) one larger than the other.  Yesterday, two heartbeats seen.  Baby A 120 (Dr. says perfect), Baby B 96 (Dr. says normal, but low).  Should I worry?? Dr. says no, but I will.  Could Baby B just be behind....it did implant later than baby A based on sac size during week 5 US.  I thought I was going on 6 weeks...not 7.
have been bleeding kinda like a period for a couple days last week...no cramping and it was only for a few hours for about 3 days. had ultrasound yesterday and confirmed i am 7 weeks, saw a heartbeat and yoke sac which dr said was excellent, and baby is located in top of uterus which is good...heartbeat was 137 and was normal! was wondering if anyone had any ideas y i might have been bleeding? i had a miscarriage in april this year due to gettin preg on iud....now was on nuva ring and got preg again! i am just concerned and dont want the same thing to happen....any ideas?
I just had an early ultrasound at 7 wks due to cramping on my right side while coughing, laughing, or any other abdominal movements.  I was TERRIFIED that I might be having a ectopic pregnancy, but was relieved to see that everything was just fine and the baby's HR was 142.  I couldn't be happier.... I've had such a rollercoaster of emotions throughout these first few weeks and it was so awesome to see that as of right now the little guy/girl is exactly where he/she's supposed to be and has a flickering heart!  I think I'm in love!  (This is my first valid pregnancy if you can't tell : )
I went to the doctor last week for my 6 wk and 2 days ultrasound and the heartbeat was 100 now I just went a week later at 7 wks and 2 days and now the heartbeat is at 85.  I am so sad and don't want to loose my baby.  Anyone had this problem and had a good outcome.  I just need some positive feedback.  My doctor said to come back in 4 days and it looks like a 10 percent chance.