Maternal & Child Community
Normal pregnancy after failed tubal ligation

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Good morning
I am a new subscriber.  I am over 35. I had my tubes tied almost five years ago after the birth of my second child.  Feb 02 I became pregnant and my ob said my tubes grew back together. In March 02 I miscarried.  I am not currently on birth control and have not been since the miscarriage. I am writing to find out if anyone has had this experience and if anyone has had a normal pregnancy after this type of experience.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
My friend's mom had her tubes tied then got pregnant and has a healthy son, but that was about 20 years ago, so things have changed since then.  I did though see on one of the birthing shows about this women who had her tubes cut and they grew back together and she had a baby.  They then took part of her tube out.  I don't know if this helps, but good luck to you!
I have never experienced this however, this happend to my aunt's sister.  She got her tubes tied approximately 15 years ago.  At the age of 41 she decided to go see her doctor because she was feeling weird and found out that she was 2 months pregnant.

She wasn't sure how it happend since she knew her tubes were tied.  Being considered high risk due to her age and the condition, she was able to carry her baby girl to full term.  However, she had to remain most of her pregnancy on bed rest. I am not saying that you may also have to be on bed rest but I know that was one thing her doctor had told her she had to do.  The baby is now 2 years old.

I understand you about posting a question and not getting a response.  I too have felt the same way.  I didn't respond to this question sooner because I never experienced this.  I hope my comment helps.

If you have any specific questions about it, I can get in contact with my aunt's sister and ask her.  Just let me know.

Norma
Thank you so much for your answers.  THEY ARE VERY HELPFUL!  I think I wrote that I mc in 02, however, it was Feb 03. It's been a year and I am not using any bc. I didn't know if it was a fluke or if there was a chance I could get pg again.

Thank for all of the helpful info. It is greatly appreciated!
Hello, I just have a personal experience to share... I am 32, I had my third child last July and had my tubes tied Sept. 9th, as of today I am 21 weeks pregnant, so far everything is going smoothly, because there was such a short period of time between pregnancies my body never totally recovered other than that I am squeduled for a C-section Aug 20th and they are to remove my tubes, I'm thankful to hear any stories or similar situations.
i had my tubes cut and burned about 2 yrs ago as of march 02' and now today april 04' i took a pregnancy test and it said i was pregnant. how can this happen i was told by the doc that there was a 5% to 10% chance i could still get pregnant but he NEVER told me that my tubes can grow back together. Im vary scared and dont know hat to do i didnt want n/e more kids after i had my third child 2 yrs ago and plus i have 2 step children who live with me so all together we have 5 children in the house.
I had a tubal done three years ago after the birth of my fifth child and low in behold today I am sitting here two months pregnant with my sixth child and wondering how could this of happened. I wasn't aware of the different procedures or what procedure work better than the other. I was told of low percentage rates of women becoming pregnant after have a tubal was proformed and as I read there a more women finding out they are pregnant after having any type of tubal procedures.
I had my tubes tied and burned since Jan.11,2000. October of 2003 my doctor told me that I had a misscarriage. I would also like to know if there is a possibility of a normal pregnancy after a tubal. If you know anything please give me some feed back. I would really appreciate your information.
Hi,  I think you can probably get pregnant after having your tubiligation done.  I got my tubiligation done in August of 99' and right now I am a week late.  I am praying that I am pregnant. I want another child so bad.  Does anyone have any advise? Thanks!!
DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY KNOWLEDGE OF SUCCESSFUL PREGNANCIES AFTER YOUR TUBES HAVE BEEN BURNED AND TIED? I HAD MY TUBES BURNED AND TIED IN 1999 DIRECTLY AFTER HAVING MY DAUGHTER BY C- SECTION...I HAD A MISCARRIAGE 3 MONTHS AGO... MY QUESTION IS IF YOU KEEP HAVING MISCARRIAGES WHY CANT THEY ATTEMPT TO REPAIR THE TUBE...I JUST GO REMARRIED AND HE HAS NO CHILDREN...WHAT IS THE SUCCESS RATE OF TUBAL REPAIR????
I also had a tubiligation back in 2000 after my third child was born.I am happy to say I am 5 days late and praying I wont start my cycle.I would be deliriously happy if I could have another child.Im glad to hear someone else feels the same way.Im praying for you to.
Hello, I have my tube tied in oct 1998... i want to have another baby. im in shock after i heard from my parents. they told me that i can be pregnant after 5 years! IS that true??? I m too exciting!! I had 4th children..
I had a tubal about a year and a half ago after my second child.  I thought I had everything planned on how my life would go.  Then my baby girl passed away when she was one year and seven days old.  I feel so empty inside and I want another baby so bad.  Can you ladies tell me any information that would help me achieve that.  I pray every night for a miracle.
I had my tubes clipped during c-section and I have read that the failure rate is higher if you get your tubes tied after c-section. I was wondering if you guys had any info on this? I also read the younger you are the higher the failure rate. I am 25. I would apreciate any info or comments. Thank you
I had a tubal ligation in 2001.I have 2 kids and may be pregnant again. I am 2 months late ,but haven't had a pregnacy test done. I want to have another child so bad. I never thought after a tubal that there was a chance to even think about more kids. But now after reading real stories about it I can only have hope.
I had a tubal done almost 5 yrs ago when I had a c-section delivery.  Last week I found out I was pregnant with an early detection preg. test. Took 2 tests...both positive. I was having some tell tale pregnancy symptoms that I could not ignore.

I found on last Wed...and on Sat..I started having HEAVY bleeding. I went to the doctor Monday and he says I most likely  had an ectopic pregnancy that resulted in an early miscarriage.  I was only 3-4 weeks along. I had a sonogram done yesterday to make sure it was a complete miscarriage.  Everything looked normal, so its assumed my body just reabsorbed it.
hello everyone,
   i am new to this site, i was sitting here reading and saw that im not the only one who has questions like this. i had my tubed tied ( well clamped ) 5 yrs ago afte my son was born. i just got remarried last month and now i have all the signs of prgnancy. i dont know if its all in my head or if i could really be pregnant.but after reading all you have to say, im starting to think, theres a chance. so tomorrow im going to buy a test to see if it comes out pasative or not. but i do have a question, i was under belief that a home test wouldnt detect the H.C.G. hormone, but a blood test would, do any of you know rather thats true or not?
   thank you all for posting your personal lifes on the net, i have found some answers that i was looking for.
I had a tubal ligation where the doctor burned me tubes in three places on each side.  He told me that there was a 1 in 10,000 chance that I would become pregnant, but none of the patients he performed the surgery on have ever became pregnant.  As a mother of 3 I thought I was finished now I desperatly want to become pregnant but a reversal is financially out of the question with such a high failure rate as well.  Have you ever heard of someone in my situation becoming pregnant?  I would like one more chance.  It is nice to hear of other ladies going through the same pain as me.  I pray everyday and now I will pray for you.
Hello~  I just had a set of twin girls in December 03 by c-section after I was told I was infertal due to PCOS.  I couldn't have been more excited and I had a wonderful pregnancy.  Beings as though we were so blessed and the financial strain we knew twins would pose we decided it would be best to have my tubes tied during the c-section.  My dr. told me this was almost 100% protection.  I am only 23 and my girls are now only 7 months old.  About 2 months ago I had a really light period just like I did before conception of my twins.  Now I have some of the same symptoms as when I first was pregnant such as severe fatigue, mood swings, and my stomach is starting to look pregnant again.  I haven't taken a test yet but I am praying that I am not, only because of the financial aspect.  I would love to have 6 more kids.  I just can't find the courage to go buy a test.  Any Suggestions?
I had a tubal on 9-28-93 and today I became aware that lo and behold my symptoms all point to being pregnant. I am so excited and scared and confused. I never thought I would even be at this crossroad. I am almost 38 years old and planning to remarry but...we both already have children and neither of us planned for this. He is excited and we are heading to Wal-Mart when I get off of work for an EPT. Wish me luck. I will let y'all know the results.
i am 33 and had my tubal 12 years ago after the birth of my second child i was only 21 years old when this was done i am currently 3 weeks late and would like another baby . i pray that i am pregnant but im afraid that i will get my hopes up and not be or that i am but i will lose it , my emotions are running high . is it possible to have a normal pregnacy , if it was an ectopic pregnacy wouldn`t i be in pain or bleeding by now ?
I wish you all the luck.  I'll be praying for you.  I too had my tubes tied 7 months ago after a c section.  I totally regret it.   I am 21 days late.  I took a (hpt) it was negative.
I was just reading through all of your posts and am starting to worry more now about being pregnant.  The sad thing is, I just had my tubal done about 4 months ago now.  I have 3 kids, the youngest being 4 months.  I took a pregnancy test because I missed my cycle this month and the positive line was there but VERY faint.  What do you think?  Could I be? So soon?
I just took a test and the positive line was faint but there.  I had my tubes tied about 4 months ago. I will be calling my doctor tomorrow but feel slightly embarrassed about the situation.  Anyone else feel the same?
I am a 45 yr old and had a tubal ligation back in 1991.
I have remarried and we decided we wanted to have a child of our own. Because it is so expensive i have not been able to have the reversal done. I am late with my period. and after reading some of the stories here i am hopeing that i could be pregnant. But at the same time i am afraid that i could be going through the change. I pray that i am not going through the change and that i am pregnant. Please pray for me. as i did for you.

Thanks,
                                  Della
I had a Tubal 7 months ago.  I am 22 days late, is it possible I could be pregnant?
I am 21 and I had my tubal done 3 months ago after my baby was born via c - section. I'm over a week late. I've heard that tubals done on someone so young and at the time of a c secton is at a greater risk for failure, is it  true? Has anyone experienced a pregnancy so soon after?
Hi bunny, sounds like you could be pregant. I would go to doctor right away to get a blood test done to determine your hcg level. My name is Carrie and I got a tubal a little over 2 months ago. I am a little late on my period and sorry for the TMI but have very creamy discharge and always had that with all my pregnancies. So not sure I am think about taking a test tommorrow. I will let you all know and good luck to all of you!!

If you need to contact me email me at ***@****
I read through all of you heartfelt comments and I am praying for each and everyone of you.  I am a mom of 5 (3 biological children, 2 step).  I had my tubal done because I was afraid of getting pregnant again, but I do regret it.  I long despirately to get pregnant again and I almost test myself monthly.  I cannot afford a reversal and I wish someone would have explained the side-effects to me when I was considering this in the first place.  I hope to have another child and I am just asking for prayer.  Please lift us (my husband and I) up as we lift you all up and maybe one day I can write in and say I got the desire of my heart.

God Bless,

rh2rich
Well, I am Staceylyn,new to the board.  I am now more concerned than ever that I may be pregnant after my c-section/tubal ligation surgery in March 2001.  I just turned 36 last week, and I have 4 children the last of which are twins.  

The kids are ages 6,5, and 3.5...I realized yesterday that although I haven't reached day 28 of my current cycle that I am a couple of days late--for me...I tend to run 23-25 days on average and only *rarely* do I ever actually make 28 days...

In fact my cycle previous to this one was only 20 days!

I have been having some of my normal pregnancy symptoms, but fear that I may be compounding them in my head with all of my am I/aren't I??? type thinking.  I have a sporadic metallic tasted in my mouth...which for me is my first sign of pregnancy.  I have tenderness in my breasts and my s*x drive is in the dumps.  I am going to the bathroom all the time, and I am exhausted (could just be all the kids I already have running me ragged--did I mention I homeschool?), I am so moody I don't blame anyone if they don't want to be around me, and although I had my usual "about to get my period" cramping last week, nothing actually happened, and now I am waiting for it to start wondering whether it would be foolish to go out and buy a pregnancy test.

I had a lot of guilt after my tubal ligation...I mainly succombed to my mother in law's insistence that I would be crazy to consider more kids in today's world...and everyone around me seemed to agree...afterward, I wondered whether I had made the right decision, but resigned myself that it was too late to do anything about it, now.  

I often find myself telling people that we might have another child, afterall there is still an empty seat in the minivan!  (haha), but in reality I have never dreamed it possible unless perhaps we considered adoption.  My other philosophy, however, has always been that I only believe in even numbers so everyone has at least one to count on if the chips are down....I know I'm nuts, but still...

Well, I just wanted to jump in, to congratulate those of you who need it, to encourage those of you who need it, and to pray for those of you who need it.

God bless,
Staceylyn, San Juan,PR
wife to Joel(8/95); mom to Jonathan(11/97), David(1/99), and Seth & Shayna(3/01), so far....
I am 32 years old and had my tubes tied four years ago (my tubes were cut and burned). I had it done after my last son was born via c-section. Right now I am 30 weeks pregnant with another boy and am due on October 24, 2004. My whole story is on my web site: http://www.geocities.com/harlakwinn
Several have asked the question, "Is the prec. rate highter the younger you are for a miscarriage?".  I have read up on different articles and also work for a doctor. Yes, the prec. rate is higher the younger you are that you've had your tubes tied, but also the %rate is higher for preg. if you have had your tubes tied before the age of 30.  There is a high %rate of tubal pregnancy, this is LIFE THREATNING if you do not catch it in time. I would know, back in 1992 i had a tubal preg. and almost died due to it bursting in my tubes. Please do not wait to buy a preg. test or go see your physician if you suspect you are preg. after tubal ligation, the longer you wait the higher the chance if it is a tubal preg, that it will burst. I also have a friend who had her tubes tied for a little over 10yrs and she became preg. with her third child, she was also over the age of 30.  I believe anything is possible, tubal reversal is available just expensive, I have not read where two doctors agree on the prec. rate of effectivness, some say high, others are saying low, it depends on any damage done to the lining of the tube during proceedure. Reversal is also high risk of tubal preg. Good luck to everyone, I have also had my tubes tied about 11yrs ago, I can understand where you all come from. Many prayers to those who need it.
Hello, I'm new to the forum and just wanted to ask a few questions.  I had a tubal 4 1/2 months ago after having two healthy boys (7 yrs and 4 1/2 mos).  I've been reading about how the tubes can grow back together and pregnancies and my husband has this feeling that it's not going to work (the tubal) but we'll cross that bridge if it comes.  

I wanted to ask if others have had this same symptom.  I've had a brownish discharge almost the entire time since my tubal (before and after my period) and wonder why????

Thanks for your time!  I wish all of you the best!
Dear Lord,

Blessed is the woman who conceives Lord!  For it is a gift from you.......it is life and a life that will touch us and change us for an eternity.  Lord touch the women on here who would love to receive a child.  So many of us regret our choice to hinder our body from conceiving and Lord I pray that you would come in with your healing power and touch us and create new life in us.  Who can stop your hand of blessing....no one Lord!  I thank you that these women will have the desire of their hearts and you will do miraculous wonders and your name will be glorified because of it.
And comfort those who were not prepared to conceive Lord, show them the mysteries you have at hand and the reson why they have been chosen for such a miracle as this.  Give them the finances to sustain another child and bring counsel to their souls.  Lord bring peace to all and I pray that all who are meant to receive a child have a healthy and prosperous pregnancy.
In Jesus name Amen
Dear Lord,

In Jesus name Amen
Hello, I am 30 yrs old and i had a tubal ligation done in 1998 and for the past two weeks i have had weird symptoms like being pregnant.My breast are very sore, i cant even touch them hardly, fregently going to the bathroom, moody and tired. I really hope and pray that i am but only if it could be a normal pregnancy. I have three children ages 12,10,and 5. I recently got remarried to a great man with no childern and would love to be able to have one more. We pray each and every night for a miracle to happen. Good luck to everyone out there,my heart is with each and everyone.God Bless.
I am A 30 yr old women with 3 beautiful children. I had missed my period of 2 mos now. I had a tubiligation 7 yrs. ago. but i feel morning sickness, soreness of breast. and more,. can i actually be pregnant.???? can someone help if they have some info or guidence.??
I am 30 yrs. with 3 boys and i am 2 mos. late for my period. i have sore breasts and i am sick on some mornings. my husband thinks i am crazy. but is it possible i could be, ( I had a tubiligation after a c-section 7 yrs. ago. Please someone respond>>>
I am a 37 yr old mother of two teen aged sons and have just divorced for the second time.  I have been with my new partner for almost a year and he has no children of his own.  I too had a tubal in 1990 when I was 21 and terribly regret not being able to give him a child.  Do you all think there is any possibility as I had my tubes cur, tied, burnt, and a pience taken out.  i pray as many of you do that amiracle will happen.  My heart and prayers go out to you all.  God's blessings.  TLD
I am a 30yr old mother of three girls ages 13,11 and 9 and had a tubal @ the time I had my last c-section when I was 21. I had my tubes cut, burned and tied because the dr said it was the best thing since I had had 3 c-sections but I greatly regret that decision since I know people that have had more than 3 sections and have done fine. I am currently 2 weeks late and have had some nausea and also some abdominal cramps for a couple of days now. My period has always been normal and regular and the only times I've been late have been when pregnant so I am very unsure. My husband of 6 years and I have spoken about having a child together and everyone is really excited but I am more scared than anything else. I don't want to get my hopes up and then either not be pregnant at all or go through a miscarriage as so many other women do. If anyone has been in my position before any info or guidance would be greatly appreciated
I am 38 yrs. old and the mother of three beautiful girls (7, 5, 9 mths). I decided after my last child via C-Section to have a tubal because of my age and financial reason, but even now 9 months later I regret it. Like many of you I pray that God will give me another miracle of life....or two. If He does I know that He will provide the means. If His answer is no I know that He will give me the strength to accept it.I pray the same for all of you.
I am a 25 year old mother of 2 beautiful children.  After I had my son 3 years ago I had my tubes cut burned and tied.  It was all because of pressure from family that made me do it and now I regret it terribly.  I have met my knight and shiny armor..my prince and we want to have a baby.  Does anyone think it is possible?  Also, I am a week and a half late (missed period) and I feel nautious and burp up puke at times, could I be pregnant?  I really hope so.  I want nothing more than the blessing of a beautiful little baby again to give my prince the one thing he wants so bad in life.  Please tell me what you think.  Thx, xcutiepie23x
i had mine tied 7 yrs ago. I am pregnant now BUT they tell me that because my hcg levels are falling that it is probably not a viable pregnancy.  I had sonos done and they do know that the pregnancy made it into my uterus which is a miracle.  im sitting here waiting to bleed. i have absolutely no signs of a m/c.  IF it is true and i do m/c......i plan on trying again right away!!  so yes it is possible to get pg after a tubal ligation. good luck to you. go get a test so you dont wonder.
i had my tubes tied almost 5 years ago, and am wanting to have more children. is there any way to find out if your tubes have grown back together? what a blessing from God that would be, to not have to have the reversal surgery!
After reading this portion of the forum, no matter how old, I feel even more firmly in my belief of never getting the tubal done.  Something that can be so permanent and the choice there of changing years later is rather freightening.
Im sitting here crying and realizing that I really am not alone in my yearnings for another child. I had my tubal done 3 1/2 yrs ago after having my 4th child and have regretted it the whole time. At the time I was a single mother and scared of raising 4 little ones on my own....then I met Jason and we were married in December of 04. We have been happy together but there is that special connection that comes with having a child that is missing and since Jason has no children of his own and I feel bad b/c of the decision I made to no longer have that ability(or so I thought). After Ive read all your testimonials and questions I realize there is a chance I could still have another baby with my husband. So if yall dont mind please pray for my husband and myself that we may have the desire of our hearts. Thanks for all the wealth of information you all have provided.
MY STORY IS I HAD ATUBAL IN 2002 AFTER THE BIRTH OF MY FOURTH DAUGHTER. THE SAD THING IS I WAS COERCED AT THAT TIME BY MY MOTHER WHO JUST DID NOT BELIEVE IN SO MANY CHILDREN. I WAS MARRIED AT THE TIME ANS A STAY AT HOME MOM. RIGHT AFTER I RETURNED HOME I REGRETTED THE SURGERY AND WAS MISERABLE. LIFE WENT ON I WAS DIVORCED AND GETTING MY LIFE ON TRACK AND MET A NEW MAN WHOM I ESTABLISHED A GREAT RELATIONSHIP WITH AND WORKING FULL TIME,FINALLY. IN THE BACK OF MY MIND I FELY BAD THAT WHEN WE MARRIED I WOULD NEVER GIVE HIME A CHILD AND I DESPERATELY WANTED A SON . THEN I NOTICED CHANGES IN MY BODY, IWAS SICK AND HAD NOT HAD A PERIOD IN GOD KNOWS WHEN, BUT MY PERIODS WERE CRAZY SINCE MY TUBAL, I WENT TO HAVE MY THROID CHECKED AND EVERYTHING,THEN FINALLY I STUMBLED INTO A NEW GYN OFFICE SCARED TO DEATH,I THOUGHT I MIGHT HAVE CANCER OR ANYTHING, ONLY TO FIND OYT I WAS ALMOST 5 MONTHS PREGNANT WITH MY BABY BOY,NOAH WHOM I PRAYED FOR. I FOUND OUT I WAS PREGNANT NOVEMBER 3 2005 AND WENT INTO LABOR DECEMBER5 2005.THE MOST PAINFUL THING IN MY WHOLE EXISTENCE,BUT SINCE THEN I FOUND OUT BOTH OF MY TUBES ARE OPEN. MY BODY IS JUST NOW GETTING REGULATED,SO HOPEFULLY REAL SOON ILL HAVE ANOTHER BABY. GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF THE MOMMIES TO BE.
Like many of you here, i too regret my tubal.
at 43 divorced, single mom of two 14 + 15, I want another one for new bf who has no children of his own.
I thought why not....i found a place in mexico...riobravoreversals.com that was affordable in comparison to here in arizona 3 thousand verses 8-12 thousand so i set up an appointment in october one week b4 i turn 44....so i know im being optamistic, but my bf is worth trying for.
check out the website at rio bravo reversals...the testimonies are why i decided to go ahead...

bless all of you....i wish all a healthy pregnancy for those who are yearning
tracy
I everyone.  I am 23 and my husband and I had our thrid child almost nine months age. I had a c-section.  They also performed a tubal at that time.  I have always been about a week late since then.  But my last period was June 20th.  My breast are tender and I feel tired and sick to my stomach.  I've taken a pregnancy test, but it was negative.  When we were trying to get pregnant with our last one, I took at test a couple of days after my missed period and it was negative. I took another one a few days later, it was positive.  I'm worried I might be pregnant again.  I wouldn't mind another, but not so soon after my last child.  I am so worried. Has anyone got any advise? Help!!!!
Hi everyone!  A few years after my tubal ligation, I felt a pinching on my side like a use to jwhen i was going to get my period (before my tubal ligation) And this past month right after my period I felt cramps.  I had not felt cramps since before getting my tubes tied.  I'm still getting cramps and my period isn't until 3 weeks from now.  i do hope to be pregnant again.  can anyone tell me if its possible to get pregnant again.  I had my tubes tied 8 years ago in 1999 after the birth of my son.  
Hello everyone. Well the question all of you are asking if pregnancy is possible after tubal ligation, I am also proof that it is. I had my tubal ligation in June this year after having my son Luke May 2007. I just found out that I am 7 1/2 weeks pregnant, and was VERY shocked. They did an ultrasound and the pregnancy is in the uterus and appears to be a normal pregnancy. My son is only 4 months old and I have a 2 1/2 year old as well.  Right now I am pending a decision. The doctor did say if I wanted to become pregnant in the future it is possible, since the surgery was not successful, or redo the surgery. My husband and I both work full time jobs and do not see how we will do it. I hope and pray the decision we make will help us in the long run. Good luck to those of you who are trying and Congratulations to those of you who have had successful pregnanices and healthy babies.
I am 34 years old I have three children allnormal delivery, I had  my tubes tied and cut in 1997 after my daughter was born at a naval hospital at that.I had surgery threeo years ago for lots or scare tissue that caused lots of pain an problems with my period.  I was tol i could never have any more children. but I am 15 days late this cycle and my breasts are bothering me have been for awhile full feeling an uncomfortable at times.  I have always had a heavy period and the last one was light. Any chance that this is the big P or the pre change stuff I have had hot flashes and the night sweats also
Jessie
I am 23 years old. i had a tubal done in march of 06 after having a really horrible pregnancy and had to give up my child or i would die, It was the hardest choice i ever had to make an i never wanted that to happen again. I am soon to be married and my fiance would love to have another child, i have two children already and i regret ever having my tubes tied, i was scared and listened to everyone around me, is there a pssibility i could become pregnant again, please let me know

thanks danielle
Hello I just wanted to let you all in my life expierence.....I had a tubal 4 years ago and this past April I became pregnant however it ended in a miscarriage now six months later I just recieved another positive pregnancy test....so yeah it is very possible to have a pregnancy after a tubal....i know three other women who had gotten their tubes done as well and they all three have very healthy babies now after the surgery....it can happen....
Hello- Just DESPERATELY seeking help.  I had my tubes tied 12 years ago.  I have been divorced for 7 years now and am now with my "Soul Mate".  He and I desperately want a child, however I just can not afford the reversal surgery ( in the $10,000.00's)   I have already spoken to a wonderful surgeon who performs reversal surgery and he has viewed my medical records and advised me that the chance's of reversal for me and the type of reversal perfomed, are very high, however Neither his office nor I know of ANY type of insurance that would cover ANY PORTION of this surgery.. I feel quite desperate and time is passing me by quickly as I am 39 years old.  Any suggestions from ANYONE would be Greatly appreciated as ther is not a day that passes that I pray to the Lord that my Tubes would grow back and the miracle of life could place for us...
I had my tubes tied and burned 5 years ago, I had made a harsh decision to do so after I lost my daughter 31 days after birth. All I know is I never wanted to go threw that again. Almost 5 years to the day I was feeling really crummy, cramp,bleeding after my normal period. I went to the hospital and told them I had my tubes tied, routine was still to do a pregnacy test and low and behold I was pregnant. I had an ultra sound and it was NOT a tubal pregnancy but I did miscarry. No one can explain this either. It is very frustrating because I do want another baby, but everyone keeps telling me different things. The doctors can't even give me straight answers. Anyone else??????? It is sounding to me like
i had my ligation oct. 29th 2004 after my second son i am 24 and i regret it . i am know remarried to my soul mate he is 23 and has no children so we are very much wanting a baby . i am almost 2 months late i have only been late like this before 2 summers ago in whinch when i finally started it was the worst pain ever and i bleed for like two weeks alot so much i nearly fainted . could it have just been because i was really late or a misscarage and will it happen again i have taken 3 hpt all neg. however ive heard that a urine test is not the best test for women who have had a ligation so my question for you who have gotten pregnant after ligation how did u find out. with my first child  i  was 20 week pregnant before i found out i even took several hpt , went to doctor had a urine test and went to a christian  clinic for a urine test all neg but just some short time later a friend convenced me into retesting at home and it was positive . then i went had a blood test and ultra sound i was 20 weeks pregnant. i was 16 week preg when i found out with my second son. i never  had any symptoms with first two. just missed periods.
repost please
I had my tubes cut, and burned in sept 92 when my youngest was 3 months old.  My cycles are on avg 29 days, but now I am 3 1/2 weeks late.  I am 39, so I am wondering if I could suddenly have menopause?  I have had period like cramps for about 24 days, ever since my period was due, but no period yet.  When I looked up cramps without period, the first thing that came up was pregnancy, not perimenopause, or menopause, and I cant find it as a symptoms.  My breast are not sore either.  But a week ago I had a drop (less than a drop actually) of a tiny spot of dark blood when I wiped, so I thought my period was starting, but it didnt.  Actually I would be happy if I were, I didnt even think of it possible pregnancy because because I am getting mild cramps everyday, and for a week now pressure in my vagina which is very odd, so I just keep thinking my period is going to start any minute, but the days continue to tick by.  What else could it be, I am too young for menopause.  Thanks for any help.  
hi my name is heather and I am already a mother of two wounderful girl's and i had my tube's tied three year's ago and i am having some sign's of being pregnant I have been throwing up off and on for the past 2 and a half week's and my lower back hurt's and I am now starting to have headaches . I had my tubes tied alomst 3 year's ago . I have been to the hospital two time and the pregnancy test came back neg vern a blood test can I still be pregnant ? I have had this problem be for with last baby I took 9 urian and 1 blood and they all came back neg and the doctor told me I wasn't pregnant but I was by the time I found out I was 7 weeks pregnant so I think I am having the same problem again I haven't had a ulter sound yet but if anyone can help please reply back thank you heather
yeah as I have read some of the story's above about having your tubes tied and regreting it is the truth I will have to say I agree b.c I have felt the same since I done it for the first 2 month's I would do nothing but cry b.c I wonted another baby and I am hopeing god will give me prayer and let me pregnant now so would eveyone pray for me and as soon I know something I just hope if I am it is going to be healthy and everything will go ok b.c I really want another baby my youngest is going to be 3 in jan and I have a nother little gitl that is going to be 6 nest month and I lost my oldest little gril 5 week's after she was born and I am lost with out her but god help's get though the hard time like when her b-day come like this month on the 14 she would of been 7 years old and I get really up set around that and the day she passed away she died 3 day's be for x-mas so that time of year kinda sucks for me but I have to be strong for the other two they are the one's who has helped me over the year's to get through it but I still miss her and know matter how many baby's I have none of them will replace her well I will up date ya'll as soon I know something I could really us a good friend . so if anyone would like to answer me please do thank you heather
Hi there..I am having my tubal reversal done on Jan 3, 2008 by Dr. Richard Levin. He is located in Louisville, KY and in an expert in the field. This type of surgery is all he does and he has extremely high success rates. The cost is relatively cheap $6200, compared to others. This price also includes follow up fertility care if you do not become pregnant within a year. Check out his website www.babies-by-levin.com. You'll be glad you did! Good luck...
I am a mother of 3 ages 4, 5 and 6 (whew).  Anyway, I had my tubal ligation done 4 years ago at the time of my Cesarean--my husband was there with me and verified my doc cut, tied and burned them.  I have been reading so many stories of failed tubal ligations.  I was wondering if anyone had the same thing done at time during a Cesarean.  I was due for my period 2 days ago and I am having a little nausea but not throwing up (with my last pregnancy I had no nausea at all but with my first 2 I thew my guts up for three months...all my preg. were different) My breasts are a little sore and I am having mild cramping (which I had for my first 2 pregnancies--thought I was going to get period but it never came)  I have never been late for my period, except when I was preggo.  And I only had implantation bleeding with my second pregnancy (which is rare so dont assume if you don't have the implantation bleeding  that ur not preggo)  Anyway....I am a little scared but at the same time I wouldnt mind being pregnant...my husband would!  I am going to wait 1 week to take a pregancy test because with my other pregnancies I had false-negatives....because I tested the day after my due period......but no matter what I find out, I will follow up....LOTS of people on here I would love to hear what happend to them but they never followed up.....And good luck to all who are trying to conceive...and make sure if you do decided to get a tubal ligation.....make sure you are absolutely ready....in a way I regret it but I love the 3 children I have and will not be too dissapointed if it isnt postive.........TAKE CARE ALL.
first of all id like to say that i wish everyone the best of luck and send all my best wishes with my fingers crossed .... well here i go im a mother of 3 kids im 26 and my last child was 04-30-2004
i opt to have my tubes tied she was a c-section baby and i had all my pregnacies due to contrceptive failures 1st was condom 2cd depo 3rd was birth control lets just say i must be fetrile murtle lol but here iam sitting completly baffled becuase my tubes are tied and i feel like iam pregnant here is my story ..  my last af was 10-31-2007 29 day cycle  lol yes halloween and it came one day early however normally my af is due in the 1 st of each month so thinking that im in the clear me and my bf has reltions on the 14th and then agian on the 16th we dont use protection and he does finish inside thinking i cant get prego .. well i noticed around the 16th i got really wet down there and noticed a clear white discharge it was diff than norm but clear but mass amount .. then the frequent bathroom visits the dish kinda slowed down a lil but im still wet down there and not to be rude or gross but im very sensitve down there super turned on more than usually , bout the 18th i started getting these lower back pains they kinda feel like a burning sensation lol achy , also with them i started getting these cramps in my tummy right above my baldder best way i can describe them is contractions they get more intense when my baldder is full and im on my back iv got this full feelinf in my gut im bloated gassy to constipated my appetie is ehhh smells are making me nauseous even the thought of food kinda makes me gag i never throw up just dry heave alot . i alos noticed that my boo b's are heavier full and getting really sore around my outter edges my glands  my nipples are super sensitive iv just noticed now that im getting these pains in my groin area like a pulling sensation i havnt had any bloody spotting but i never got any of those with my kids till af was due , im not sure if im just abord the crazy train thinking these thoughts haha i mean my tubes are tied but doc did say u can grow back , im very curious about the tummy pain can anyone explain the sensation in full like they felt when they were cramping ftom impl i know the only time i ever cramped was with my first .btw took preg test on the 19th was neg but it was to soon i know ,please anyone got any comments im waitng for the official arrival of af day to take agian , i also heard that when ure tubes tied it usually takes a blood test to confirm and hpt wont show + anyone kow anyone got preg after tubal ?
Still haven't seen AF.....I took preg last week and Neg......but that isnt saying much since I didnt test pos HPT with my second child till I tested at the docs.....anyway...I have ALWAYS had period like cramps with all my pregnancies up until 12 weeks...then had cramps at the end of pregnancy due to preparations for birth.....I have been having slight cramping....again!   If I am preggo I will be almost 7 weeks.....I have a docs appt on 12/7--so I will keep everyone updated....by the way I just recently noticed what looks like Colostrum seeping from my nipples!!!!!I showed my hubby and he about flipped!  If this isn't pregnancy then my body is playing a mean mean mean trick on me!!!  I will keep you up to date....just hoping it isnt something more serious.....now my husband seems to be getting a little excited about another child......well wish me luck and baby dust to all TTC!!!!!
I would love to get pregnant, but I had a tubal ligation 4 years ago and I now want another baby with my new husband.
I cant afford a tubal reversal
can anyone give me some hope
Thank you
I am a mother of 2, at the current age of 37, I had my tubes tied 2 years ago after the birth of my son.  I was in a marriage that I had two step children and now two of our own, I truly believed I was done.  Then my husband walked out on me and the kids.  I have recently met a wonderful man who has never had children.  One of the issues we discuss quite often is the fact that I have kids and he don't of his own.  The tubal reversal is out of the question, our finances would not allow for it at this time, I would not mind having another child, but what is the chance this could happen?  At the age of 37 I have been diagnosed with PCOS and a cyst on my ovary.  My last pregnancy was tough, with gestational diabetes, and contractions throughout the last month and a half of the pregnancy.  My cycle is so far out of kelter, I never know when I am going to have one or not, so how would I even know if I were pregnant. I really pray that this is a possibility, what a great surprise it would be for the two of us.  Any sugestions as to what I can do to make this happen?
i am 22 years of age and a mother of three. i have a beautiful son, whom i placed for adoption when i got pregnant at the age of 16. that was due to bc pills and considering it was my first time having sex and we used a condom as well i would say that stuff is a fluke. but i couldnt raise that baby on my own so i placed him with a good family and i still get to see him. then i got depressed and into drugs, which held an adverse affect on depo apparently, because i got pregnant again with a beautiful baby girl. so i decided to clean up and raise her. not knowing her dad would soon go to jail. so i decided to make the dumb move of trying to find here a daddy. that was a mistake i should have just done it alone. cuz then i got pregnant again.... (yeah i was young and to say the least not too bright) because i got pregnant again and had another beautiful little girl... ohhh but he stuck around long enough to convince me that if i got a ligation done so that i couldnt have anymore kids we could be happy for the rest of our lives... and what can i say. i had just had a cesarian done.. so i was young... dumb... doped up on morphine or whatever they gave me... and i was "in love" or so i thought. so i told the doctors i wanted it done before i left the hospital. needless to say this jerk left me and my 2 little girls with nowhere to go. but then i got lucky and now i am happily married for almost a year now, we have been together for 2 years now,and both of my little girls carry his last name. and my husband and i want a baby, but we cant afford the reversal yet. is there any other way to do it without the reversal?  
I had a tubal done in 05. My husband and I divorced but we have four kids together. I have been seeing this guy for over a yr and in August I had a miscarriage. The doctor told me a successful pregnancy probably wouldn't be likely. Just the other day, I went to the doctor for a physical and by the time I got home, my doctor was calling me back in for an ultrasound. I just found out I am 23 wks pregnant. I don't whether to be shocked or thrilled. By the way, we are having a girl.
I had tubal done in 2001. I had my tubes tide with rings.I really would like to have another baby. What kind of tubal ligation did you have. It's nice to hear that you are pregnant good luck and God bless you.
i am 28 yrs old and have 6 children with my ex husband.i now am with a wonderful man and we have been together for 3 and a half years. i had my tubes tied in 2004. recently i've been having pregnancy symptoms and gaining weight.i really hope i am. it's good to know though it's difficult it's not impossible.
I had my tubal in Dec. 07 it was a clipped tubal. and i started my monthly the same day as the suragy. And now i am 2 weeks late could i be pregant. I took a home preganacy (pregnancy) test to day and it was neg. I just didn't know if i was or not. thanks    
I totally understand where all of you are coming from.  I had my tubes tied in April 0f 2006 and have since changed my mind.  I am 29 with 3 great boys.  I do know though that Jesus heals and his answer for more children is always yes because it says so in the bible.  So I know that my tubes are healed and each and every one of you can have the same.
hi i had my tubes tide in 2003 doing a c section and now regret it i have a new partner now and he has no kids i have not tried yet but i will soon and thanks to you all i now believe that i will have more kids if its gods will thanks for the inspiration and god bless you all
wow i am not the only one!!!! its been ten years since my tubal and in july of 07 i remarried. i already have 4 children he has none, i guess every since i was a lil girl i KNEW i was meant to have five children but i stopped at 4 when i was 24 years old. now my wonderful husband and i found out that the mysterious tissue i passed one weekend was "product of conception". after an ultrasound my Doc informed me that i have perfect health anatomy and could plan on getting pregnant any time. im so afraid that there is something wrong with me tho. i had perfect healthy children and to have a miscarriage makes a person feel like they did something wrong right? my husband and i have decided to wait and really plan our lives for a future pregnancy but im afarid of getting my hopes up and planning on success only to be let down by failures. what if the last mishap was a slim fluke that will never happen again? i was sutured so the burn or clamp was not an option. i dont even remember what that means!!!! any advise out there? Any OB/GYNs that could offer some advice?
I'm 37 years old and had my Tubal Ligation done 7 years ago (2001).  I have two wonderful children:  Son-14, Daughter-11.  The doctors procedure for Tubal Ligation was to cut and burn.  I'm now two weeks late, feel tired, and have swollen breasts.  I've just done two pregnancy tests that are questionable, so I'll do another one in a few days.  I pray that everyones prayers are answered.  Like many of you, I regret having the Tubal Ligation done.  I have a wonerful man in my life now who has three grown children from a previous marriage and it would be nice to have one of our own.  I'll keep you posted.

Denise
I definitly regret having a tubal!
I had my tubal 7 months ago during the c-section of my 4th child.  I am regretting it and basically have since I had it done.  I am very thankful for my 4 wonderful healthy children, but deep down regret it.  I am not planning on a tubal reversal or IVF, but pray God the Great Physician heals me.  I pray this in His name.  My dr. told me that he "only took out a small portion at the end closest to my uterus in the narrowing."  Anyone know what to make of that?  Does that mean, cutting and burning?  When everyone has a tubal do they have a small piece out for the cutting and burning?
HI AM GOING THROUGH THE SAME THING I DIDNT HAVE MY PERIOD AT ALL IN NOVEMBER08 AND HERE IT IS DECEMBER AND IT STILL HAVENT CAME ON IT FELT LIKE IT WAS GOING TO COME ON IN NOVEMBER BUT IT NEVER DID MY BREAST ARE NOT SORE BUT I HAVE BEEN FEELING SLEEPY AND SICK IN THE MORNING ANYONE HAVE ANY ADVICE
i had tubal ligation with silicone rings. and the doctor ran a blood pregnancy test. appearently i'm not pregnant others wise he would have called me back by now. but he did say my falope tubes have grown over the rings and i could get pregnant.
i regret my tubal ligation also and want another only god knows what the future holds.
i too had a tubal 7 yrs ago.(22yrs old at the time of tubal now 29). As of now i am 12 days late took two preg test at home which showed neg. But still no signs of Af coming on??? Is it really possible to be preg after such a long time
I am 32 years old. I have two healthy and beautiful daughters, four and sixteen months. I had my tubes tied in Nov. 07 after my 2nd daughter was born 12 weeks early. I didn't want to go through that fear of the NICU and uncertainty again, however I know now I would go through anything to have another baby with my husband. Financially, reversal isn't an option for us, so I would just like to know how often natural pregnancy occurs after a tubal ligation? Did you do anything "special" to get pregnant?
I have had 2 Tubal Ligations and 2 sucessful pregnancies.  This is crazy that Drs don't tell you that your tubes grow back.  This is an emotional unraveling of your emotional being.  I have 4 kids now after stopping after 2 kids.  I am now scheduled for a hysterectomy and praying that my uterus can not grow back.
i really am encouraged as i read all of these posts...i thought maybe i was going crazy.  i had a tubal after my 5th child a year and a half ago during a c-section.  my periods have been unbelievably regular since i've had the tubal (the 10th of the month without fail)...so i'm not actually late yet.  anyway, for all of my other pregnancies, my symptoms would always begin a little more than a week before i was late.  well, here i am; going through these symptoms--REALLY sore breasts, nausea, fatigue, frequent urination, dizziness, and some cramping (like period cramping).  i even have had some leakage from my breasts!  i know my body, and these things don't happen to me unless i'm pregnant.  i know i'm not late yet, but i really just feel like i'm pregnant.  for my last baby, i took a pregnancy test 11 days before my period was due and it was positive; but i'm nervous to take one now...yet, waiting till the 10th feels like an eternity...anyway, i'm glad to know i'm not crazy...i guess i'll repost as soon as i find out with a pg test...

oh, btw...i would not be the least bit upset...i would actually be very happy!

so we'll see...
Its important to test as soon as you miss your period, because in the vast majority of times, pregnancy after tubal ligation is disastrous.  Here and there you will see a few tales of "normal" intrauterine pregnancies, but usually the developing embryo lodges in a tube and grows there, until it ruptures.

This is life threatening.  

If you are having regrets and now wish to have a normal, safe, and welcomed pregnancy, you should look into either tubal reconstruction, or IVF.  There are still risks of ectopic after having your tubes recontstructed, but not outside of an acceptable range.

Best,
Peek
I have a similar situation to many mentioned before.  I have 3 children, and had a TL with my last child during a cesarean in April '07.  I have gained some weight the last couple months and my breasts have grown almost 3 cup sizes and become very tender and are leaking a little bit at times. I have been spotting, but not having any regular cycles.  I also have not ovulated in nearly 3 months.  The last couple days I have been feeling some flutters, which I initially passed off as gas or something else normal like that. Now I'm not sure.  I am moody, and all the weight I am gaining is in my breasts and stomach.  It is also very hard, not fatty at all.  I have heard that a store bought pregnancy test isn't as likely to be accurate after TL...unsure if this is true, but I am going to get one tomorrow anyway.  I am also scheduling a blood test to be done at the hospital this week.  I have so many reasons to believe I couldn't possibly be pregnant, but many to support the possibility also.  I feel like I am rambling now, I'm just a little restless not knowing anything yet.  It would be a very welcome miracle to find that my suspicions are true.  Now we play the waiting game, I suppose. Any insight would be most appreciated, and I will update when I find out for sure.
Hi there, i have been reading up on this post for a while. I am 36 yrs old and have had my tubes tied for 10yrs. (it was the ring method) I have had regular periods for as long as i can remember...My last period was june 11, then i was late in July(started on the 15th) nothing in August, i'm beginning to think it is possible. I went to my doctor because i though, maybe i am going through menopause..but he says not likely, and that my symptoms are not abnormal enough for him to be concerned. If i don't come on my period in sept i am going to ask for some blood work to be done to test. I would be happy if i was preganant, it is the not knowing that is really frustrating...Much luck to the rest of ya;o)
I HAVE A QUESTION. I HAVE BEEN HAVING MY PERIOD SINCE I WAS 15YRS OLD, AND I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN A HEAVY BLEEDER. I HAD MY TUBES BURNED OCTOBER 6, 2000 AFTER MY 4TH CHILD WAS BORN ON 3/13/1998. I WANTED TO KNOW IS IT POSSIBLE FOR YOUR TUBES TO GROW BACK AFTER THEY HAVE BEEN BURNED. THERE NOT CUT OR TIED, THEY ARE JUST BURNED. THEN I WASN'T HAVING SEX IN MARCH OF 2009. THEN I BECAME SEXUALLY ACTIVE WITH MY NEW FIANCE OF JULY 13, 2009. WHEN AUGUST 19, 2009 CAME I WAS BLEEDING LIGHT, IT WAS A LIGHT PINK, AND MY PERIOD WAS STRANGE TO ME BECAUSE IT WOULD STOP AND THEN START AGAIN, AND IT HAD MUCUS IN MY MENESTRUAL, AND IT LASTED 5 DAYS BUT IT WAS STILL LIGHT. AROUND SEPTEMBER 13, 2009 IT WAS THE SAME THING, BUT ONLY THIS TIME IT LASTED A LITTLE BIT LONGER THAN USUAL BUT IT WAS STILL LIGHT PINK AND IT STILL HAD MUCUS IN MY MENESTRUAL.  I WENT TO MY DOCTORS AND TOOK A PREGNANCY TEST AND IT CAME BACK NEGATIVE, BUT THEY ALSO TOOK BLOOD TO SEE IF I AM OR NOT. BUT I WON'T KNOW BECAUSE I ALSO WENT TO THE DOCTORS FOR THEM TO CHECK ME OUT FOR  A TUMOR ON MY UTERUS BECAUSE OF THIS WEIRD TYPE OF MENESTRUAL THAT I AM HAVING. BUT I JUST WANT TO KNOW IS IT POSSIBLE FOR ME TO STILL BECOME PREGNANT AFTER 9YRS AND IS IT ALSO POSSIBLE FOR MY TUBES TO GROW BACK EVEN THOUGH THEY HAVE BEEN BURNED. CAN SOMEONE PLZ LET ME KNOW BECAUSE THIS IS REALLY REALLY BUGGING ME. AND IF IT IS POSSIBLE I AM WILLING TO GO THROUGH WITH THE PREGNANCY IF I AM PREGNANT BECAUSE  OF THE POSSIBILITY OF MY TUBES GROWING BACK WITHIN 9YRS OF MY OPERATION.
hello i am a mother of 3 children 9 , 5 and 4. i had my tubal done at the same time as my youngest child by c-section back in 15th april 2005. i missed 6weeks period and then i came of really light and the last 2 weeks i have been feeling moving in my stomach. i wished i never got sterilised but i got bullied into it and now would love to have a baby i cry for no reason and get up set if i see my m8's or family with there babys. done 7 preg tests and all negative. i am so confused i just want another baby and i cannot afford to have reversal done.  please can some one tell me if thay have been in the same potion and could i be pregnant ?
good luck to the women who am trying to get pregnant or am pregnant
Hello everyone,
I am new to your group and I feel you pain. I had a tubal ligation surgery done when I was 21 after my son was born. That was the worst mistake ever!!! I had a mother-in-law to forced me into it. Everyday I regret this ever being done to my body, as I would do anything just to have a tiny baby growing inside me. I have developed manic depression due to this and nothing can lift my spirits. The surgery to reverse my tubes costs way more than I could ever make...I pray everyday and make wishes every chance I get. I am now with a new partner and he also wants to have a child with him since he has none of his own, I want to give him that more than anything. I will pray for everyone here :) since I feel your pain and want to support your wishes and share your pain    
The most common type of sterilization done in the US is called a bipolar tubal coagulation ("cut, tied, and burned).  Studies have shown that 1.4% of women can become pregnant and the incidences increase to nearly 2% after ten years. Majority of the pregnancies are ectopic.  Tubal reversal in this type of sterilization has an increasing success rate of 60%. Tubal reversal can be done for less than $7000 and it could be just as effective and have more desirable results than IVF. These are the "so called" facts from the "experts". However, I find it incredibly interesting that through hours of blog and forum reading I may have found more than 143 success stories in the 10,000 that I have read. I have found commonality in various stories from women claiming to have conceived shortly after a cesarean followed by a tubal ligation.
hi im 30 this yr and have 5 children now. i had my tubes tied nearly 5 years ago now after my son was born at 27 weeks he was a fighter and made it to be here healthy today.... but iv moved on now and have a amazing fella whom has no children and i really want one and no he does to...... is it possiable to have a normal pregnacy now after having ur tubes tied... or wud i have to find the money to have a reversel... please help i so want a baby
i put my tubes was tied they wasnt they was cliped....
i am 32 yrs.old. i had my tubal ligation after my second son was born in  jan.14.2002 it has been 8yrs.and i have not got pregnancy yet
I had my tubes tied in 2007 after my baby boy was born and four months later I found out I was pregnant. I had just finished having my daughter in 06 n my son in 07 and my husband threatend to leave if i had one more so I terminated the pregnancy. It took a long time to forgive myself. Soon after the termination I retied my tubes. I regret the decision and wish I could have just one more so my little girl could have a sister. I'm experiencing signs of pregnancy but I'm waiting to see if I miss my period before I take a test. One thing for sure is if I am blessed with a child again I wll fight to keep it.
Hello everyone,
Im very new to this community, but definately a living poof of a normal pregnancy after a fail tubal ligation. Im a working mother of 3 (9, 7 and 4). Had my tubes ligated (clips) in 2006 after a c-section. Having the tubes tied to me was the worst decision ever made in my entire life. I got divorced in 2007 and was lucky in love and remarried in 2009. My husband is wonderful to my kids and praying of his own despite the fact that i cant bare anymore children due to BTL. So last May, we go for IVF treatment, unfortunately I had a misscarriage. It hit me quite badly, i was broken hearted, could'nt work and lost focus in life. I was lucky enough that my husband was so supportive. In a couple of months i was back on track. Anyway, something odd starts to happen after my last menstrual period 23 July 2010, i'm getting all kinds of tell tale pregnancy symptoms, it was really bothering me to the stage that the GP in my office gave me a stress and a muscle relaxened pill. It did'nt go away, so out of curiosity i bought a Home Pregnancy Test (HPT) just in case. It came out an extremely shadowy 2nd line. I thought my minds was playing tricks on me. So i waited until 2 days before my next expected period. What do you know, the extremely shadowy 2nd line has become a very clear 2nd line. YES! IM PREGNANT!!. How can i be pregnant without my tubes? I even shocked my gynae. To him the fail tube was a BIG ???. Unfortunately the pregnancy aborted. I misscarriage on the day my expected menstrual period came. But the fact that i actually got pregnant after a BTL and a fail IVF was a definate blessing in disguise. And yes you can be pregnant after having your tubes tied. Nothing is impossible, its all in the hands of God. One things for sure, never stop trying and never stop praying.    
I am 33 years old and had my tubal 4 years ago after the birth of my sixth child by c-section. I got pregnant last summer, but it ended in a m/c. I was now 6 days late and when I started, it is just light pink and only when I wipe. Could I possible be pregnant again?
I am 27. I have had two beautiful children and with my last (four years ago)  i had my tubal ligation done. Since then I have been pregnant twice. Two years ago i miscarriaged one and i found out a week ago that i was two weeks pregnant. Sadly i found out my hcg levels didn't double when they took my blood tests and sure enough last night i started cramping and lightly bleeding. I am honestly sick and tired of losing my children. I was so happy to be pregnant again since my tubal ligation was forced on me by my ex. and now I actually have found someone who deserves to be a father and now i don't know if i can ever give him a child of his own.
I had my tubes tired after my second child in jan of 2011 its four months later and I'm having all the symptoms of being pregnant, idk what to do, could I really be pregnant again? Something please help!
I had my tubes tired after my second child in jan of 2011 its four months later and I'm having all the symptoms of being pregnant, idk what to do, could I really be pregnant again? Someone please help!
i had my tubes clipped 5 years ago and so want a baby, iv since remarried and want a child with my husband who has no children of his own wat are my chances of this please
Hi I've been reading almost all of your comments and some are shocking and some are amazing stories. Either way I am going thru a similar situation I haven't had my period yet I missed it last month and I haven't had it this month yet I am hoping and praying to God that I am pregnant I took 4 test the same wk and they were all positive they also did a sonogram but they weren't able to see anything I think its bc it was to soon, am going to the doctor tomorrow for another check up really scared and hope that everything is ok and that I am able to have a normal pregnancy I already have 3 beautiful girls and also married to a wonderful men he loves my girls and says that we are fine the way we are but I know deep inside we would love to have one of our own since he has none I will pray for all of us going thru this situation and also pray that from now on there is less women making this horrible decision as we have made, I had my tubes tide with the rings 5 yrs ago after my last daughter also did it cause of family pressure and regret it so bad since.
im 25 had a tubal nligation at 24 after my second daughter was born long story short had a abuseive husband got divorced lost my daughters know im with prince charming been felling pregent about 4 months know sonograms show no baby pregnetcy test yes and no lining in my uterus thicker hunger breast pain light periods know i think i fell kicking am i crazy or can i be pregnet and a dr not see it on a sonogram
I'm very intrigued by these experiences and would like to thank everyone for posting so openly as it could help others.

I had my tubes tied 2 1/2 years ago after my fourth child. I was blessed with two girls and two boys, so already have my hands full as it is. Although I cannot lie that I didn't get my tubes tied by my choice; my ex's mother was very controlling and guilt-tripped me into doing so. I know I should stop at four, but honestly I wouldn't be too disappointed (if at all) to have another one. Anyway, in the last year alone, I have been to the ER due to having similar symptoms of pregnancy and miscarriage. I have been told I didn't have the proper hcg levels to have been pregnant, but that's just one of those things a woman just instinctively knows. I am, yet again, experiencing pregnancy symptoms and have been for the last couple of months now. Symptoms/signs include: nausea, tender breasts, very light or absent periods/spotting, sudden weight gain, always hungry but nauseous at the same time, serious cravings that I even dream about until they are fulfilled, moody (might be an everyday thing though, lol), oh and emotional. Easily emotional.

I haven't taken a test yet, mainly because I am waiting for my next period to see how that goes. I guess I'm also kinda nervous to take a test and find out what it says. I'd like to have another one, which would make it difficult if it says negative, but if it says positive, then I have a lot of planning to do, like turning down the new job offer I just got last week.

Anyway, I suppose I was just doing some research and looking for a place to "vent" about my worries and concerns, so thanks for listening everyone.
I had my tubes tied in 2002 after my second son was born...Their father and I are divorcing and I am engaged to a wonderful man, I regret my tubal ligation (the doctor told me they were cut, tied, burned) and want a baby...I have been feeling nauseous and having heartburn which I never have, not time for my period yet but I am praying that somehow I can get pregnant again and not miscarry, I know the chances are small but I want a baby with the man I love so bad, I regret the procedure but at the time I never thought I'd get divorced or want another baby. It is hard to wait and see if I start my period I want to know now if I could be pregnant, I'd also love to know if my tubes have healed back...can they do that with an ultrasound?
Yes it is very possible to get pregnant after having your tubes tide. I am 35 and I had my tubes tide 5yrs ago after my 4th child and got pregnant. Unfortunatley my son passed away at 5mns pregnant due to a knot in his cord that cut off his oxygen supply. It had nothing to do with my tubes being tied. I am having testing done to see how functional my tubes are and what are the chances of conceiving a normal pregnancy again. My husband and I are going to try again and are hoping to maybe have a little girl some day. Good luck to all of you who are trying to have a little bundle of joy. And for thoes of you who would like to have the testing done ask your OB to have an HSG test done. It's a test used to inject dye into the the body to see the falopion tubes and if they have grown back together or if there is a blockage to prevent pregnancy. It is very reliable and non exspensive. Some insur company's even cover it.
I just posted somthing about the testing you are interested in. You should read it.
Hiya could you please let us know what happened after your possitive pregnancy test result as I'm in a positon where I got sterilized an then had an ectopic 3 years later and had to have my right tube removed an then the surgieon burnt my left tube an I'm usually regular with my periods an I'm 5days late took a test and come back negative but I have got pregnancy symptoms so I'm just woundering if it is possible an what happened with you an how its gone thanks x
Tubal ligation does not always work. I have  had mine done over 16 years now and I and my family believe that I am pregoand have had to go by information from books and internet. because the problem is it is not showing up anywhere - not in the  blood work, home test, ultrasounds, but yet 1 doctor stated in a exam that he could not find my uterus cause there was something heavy sitting on it but because all the tests come out negative they think I am crazy! They want as far as taking a syc eval that I passed just fine! I am now at the end of what might be a prego and have no idea if the baby is ok or not! I am fearful yet happy. I am almost 40 and had weight of 130 now I am 172 and its been almost nine months of gaining weight and feeling movement. I have had my what I think of a peroid only 4 times during this 9 months! all the doctores have been mean to me about this issue. I hope people have some advise or prayer for me I have a daughter who is 20 now and my son is 16 now. any advice out there?
ok here goes, HI to everyone and i have been reading all the posts on here and i am very hopeful!!! heres my story it starts similer to everyones but it gets a lil dif. i was 23 years old and had a norm birth with my youngest son and a norm. dilivery but i had a tubal done not sure what kind just know they did it through a insiciane in my belly button but now i am 35 years old i was having some very heavy bleeding with lots of large clots went to the dr. found out i have a small tumer in my uteruse and pre cancer cells and have been having very heavy cloty bleeding for about a year now every 2 weeks well this month i noticed i was late and i hadnt had a period in a month instead of the reg.2 weeks but the last 3 weeks i have been sick this week i have been very nausias and sensitive to food and smells. well i started my period about 3 days ago but its abnormally light for me and i have this bloated feeling in my belly like something is under my ribs and it causes me no pain just feels like something stuck up under my ribs. and i would love to have another baby and i too regret getting my tubal done.it was done in oct.2000 anyway i took a test even though im on my period just out of curiosity and it showed neg. but could i still be preg.? any help would be sooo much aprciated!!! THANK YOU!!!!please feel free to email me at ***@****
I am deeply touched by your prayer and I am sure many are as well... thank you lots!
I am deeply touched by your prayer and I am sure many are as well... thank you lots! Greatly appreciated!
I had my tubes tied when I was 21 (back in 1997) after the birth of my 2 sons.  Years later in 2006 I decided to have tubal reversal done (go to www.tubal-reversal.net for more info on the doctor who did mine, pricing, etc.).  I had 3 miscarriages following the reversal, and then went on to have a healthy baby boy (now 2 yrs old) and my little princess (now 4 mths old)! Following my c-section with my little girl I had my tubes re-tied.  Now here I am 4 months out, and haved missed my period and am having signs of pregnancy.  I am scared of being pregnant again due to complications/health issues while pregnant, and also due to the fact that I have yet to lose my baby weight, which will only create more health issues.  I guess I shall pick up a test next time I am in town...and just leave it in God's hands, if it is his will so be it!
Hello i got my tubes cut and tied i feel cramps but my period isnt due for couple of week my breast are tender i feel nauseous could i be showing early signs of pregnancy!
First, I would like to say, I pray for everyone who has wanted to become pregnant has had the blessing to have another. I am 31, had my tubal 7 years ago.I took a home pregnancy test and was positive. A little less then 2 weeks before taking this test I had horrible bleeding with clotting and sore breast. About a week and half later I took a test because my breast were swollen. I took the test and to my surprise, positive.... I was advised to go to the ER to make sure I was pregnant and if I was everything was ok. So, I went a few days later...Everythng was normal, no HCG levels. My OB states he believes I was pregnant and had a miscarriage. Now, tomorrow I am doing a fluoroscopy Hsg test to see if I have an opening in my tubes. I pray that I do and am able to have another baby. I regret having my tubal ligation done at 23. Eveyone reading please wish and pray for me.
my tubes were clipped twenty years ago and mine have just co me undone now getting checked to see if im pregnant had 3 hpt neg and one at doctors came back positve had some bleedng
I "supposedly" had my tubes tied in August 2010 after my first child was born in July 2010. In August 2011 I discovered I was pregnant! So much for that! I am 33 weeks and can't wait for it to be over. I have awful pregnancies!!! This one is identical to the last. I am having my tubes removed after this baby is born and am considering a lawsuit against the doctor who performed my last surgery! I personally think that we should be thankful for what we have and not keep asking for more and more. I do not understand people who just keep wanting more babies. Give your love to the ones you have and be thankful that they are healthy, besides this world isn't a good place to bring such Angels. Again... My personal thoughts.
Hi after reading all the post my heart n prayers go out to everyone I'm new to all of this I had my tubes cliped tied n burnt in dec of 08 n then 2 months later I meet the man of my dreams n will be married a yr next month I've been looking into reversal but after reading I'm not sure I need to mine was done after a c section ill pray for y'all n ask y'all to pray for me
I had my tubes tied in 2005 when i had my daughter (i have 2 boys too). Since i divorced my 1st husband and now I am with a wonderful man... Last thursday I took a digital hpt and it came out positive, then took 4 more and they came out neg. Funny thing I have many of the symptoms (my hairs has grown alot in the past month friends and fam are noticing) I would love another baby but im only 3 days late and i think i should wait a little longer to go to the doctor. Good luck and God Bless you
Hi all! I had my tubes cut and burned in November 1999. On May 04,2010 I gave birth to a wonderful, healthy and beautiful baby girl. I DID NOT have a reversal.... It just happened. I was stunned then; but elated now. BUT I had my tubes removed this go around! lol
In October 2011, i had 2 procedures, sterilisation and endo ablation. Just these last few weeks, i have had really sore boobs, which seem to have grown, i also feel i have gained some weight, i'm crapping myself, it would split me and my fella up if i was pregnant.
This also happened to me in 05 I had my tubes tied and in 09 I became pregnant but I ended up having a miscarriage and the dr. told me they couldn't tell if my tubes were still tied or not and I am just wondering if this could happen to me again?
Hello...I am 27 years old, and have three small children.  My youngest is 6 months old.  After I had her, I had a tubal ligation.  I am currently late on my period and after reading all of this, I believe it is possible for me to be pregnant.  I had light spotting for one day last week but that is it.  And since my last pregnancy, I have always had my period on time, and it was always heavy.  I haven't told my husband yet.  I am kind of scared that if I am pregnant, that it will just end up being either an egtopic pregnancy or end in misscariage.  But I do know, that this eveing I am going to buy a test and find out.  
Well i had five kids my last pregnancy was twins i ask my doctor to tie my tubes he did and it's been 11yrs and i pray mines come back a loose bc my husband want one more:-)
I'm 26 years old and I got my tubes tied 5 years ago after my c section with mg daughter. But as of today I'm a week late and I have all the symptoms of being pregnant. I went to the doctor and took a test but it came back negative. So she told me to come back in two weeks to get mg test done over...I'm so mixed up right now. Can I really be pregnant.
I AM 46 TIED MY TUBES LIKE ALMOST 18YRS AGO AND I HAVE ALL THE SYMPTOMS BELLY GROWIN,CRAVING,BLUES,PERIOD,...MY QUESTION HOW DID U FIND OUT U WERE PREGNANT..
I got my tubes tied 6 years ago after my last baby in 2005.My tubes came aloose Then I got Pregnant and had a miscarraige (miscarriage).Ihad my tubestied clipped and burn.My tubes grew back.I Think Imay be pregnant again.I Go To the Dr. Monday.  
hia im so glad im not on my own in regreting having a tubal but my ex husbsnd basicaly bullied me into it after out last child whose now 18 then i went on to divorce and meet the most amazing man ever who has no kids it left a hole in my heart bigger than anyone cud imagine..but now i am one week late having cramping backache heartburn and hungry all the time lol but i refuse to belive i am that lucky and a miracle has happened i just can bring myself to do a test so going thru a very emotional time now
I'm 36 i have 5 children 19 18 15 13 and 11. i had a tubal done in 2001 after the birth of my youngest child. i believe i might be pregnant since my cycle is now a week late. i refuse to be tested because i am afraid i might be. I really don't think i can start over. i told my husband he says not to stress wait until i  get tested am scared i know am acting childish.when should i get tested should i wait a little longer.
  I am 34 years old and had my tubes tied 12 years after the birth of my forth son. I have since divorced their father and married a wonderful man. I am 5 days late on my period my breast are swollen, I took a home test after being 3 days late and it was negative. I hope more than anything to be carrying my husbands child.
I'm 43yrs old my tubes has been stapled in 1998/99 so its been over 15-16yrs ago my Fiance n I want To have baby but don't know if it will take if I got them reversed. Anyone has a similar situation? please tell if so.
I am scheduled to meet with a doctor after missing my period. I had my tubes tied in 2010 during my cesarean section. I'm scared because this will be baby #6 for us. If i am pregnant I just want to be safe and I want our baby to be healthy. I'm also mad because I took steps to avoid this, but here we are. My husbands proud of his men....I just want to smack him.
Hi i had my tubes cut and burn 14 yrs ago.. Could there be a chance am pregnant,i haven't had a pried in 6 weeks on Dec.7 well be two mo.can there be a chance i could be.i feel nausea,breast tenders, gain 10lbs. In one mo could there be a chance.yes am getting a test done just sacred of what it be am 46 yrs old so maybe going thou a life of change but never had this before
I had a tubal in 99. In 07 I learned I was pregnant at age 42.Its been 6 years and my period is 17 days late..is it possible im pregnant again at 48...?