Normal pregnancy after failed tubal ligation
Hi I was wondering if i could get some answers on becoming pregnant after having had tubes clamped . I am 22 i had my tubes tied in March of 2004 a year after having my 3rd child .my period has never been regular and as of now i havent had a period in 5 months . but for the past 1-2 months i have had some symptoms to lead me to think i could possibly be pregnant but iam to afraid to find out for sure . I have had bloating,headaches,nose bleeds , sore breast, and lower back pain as well as feeling tired alot . is it possible to become pregnant in such a short time of a tubal ? what is the % rate for some one of my age ? and what are the risk of becoming pregnant ? would a home pregnancy test be effective in finding out ? I would love to have another child if it happens but if not i am also ok with that what ever happens , happens . any answers would be great ! Thanks
I don't know the chances of becoming pg right after a tubal, but I'd say slim to none.  A hpt would be 99.999999% gauranteed accurate because it's been 5 months without a period (if I read that right).  

The only way to know is to take a hpt, but I'd say it's doubtful you are.  If you're not having your period, then you're not ovulating, so you can't get pg.  And if you were pg 5 months ago then you'd probably be feeling the baby kick by now.
Thank you for your input however i pushed my fears aside and bought a test i kept thinking that if i werent pg that maybe i have some thing medically wrong with me to not have a period in so long . my test came up negative which dont bother me im more than happy and blessed with the children i already have . so now i will continue to try to find out what is gving me all these problems . Thanks again for your help .
I think it's common....well, maybe not common, but certainly not unheard of, to have a tubal and have funky periods.  Maybe you can ask your doc about getting your period jumpstarted and then going on some low-dose birth control to keep your periods regular...  Just a thought...
Hi...I had a tubal ligation (clamps) and about 6 months after the surgery was done...I was preggo...waalaa!!! Yes sweetie it can happen and I am a living witness that you can get pregnant after having your tubes tied....
does anyone know how much a reversal for the clamps are?I just got married and we want to have a baby together.And I have no idea where to start with all of this.I'm clueless so any help or advice would be great.
I herd it's $6,000 to $7,000, and most insurance won't cover it.
Was your pregancy heathy? Was the baby okay?
hey ladys i am a 36 year old that had my tubes tied about 4 years ago they used the rings an now i am having head , backaches an bloating i had 2 periods amonth at times an now i got a uriner track infection an feel like throwing up some i feel movement but not sure what to think if anybody has any thing to say i will apercate it.
When did you feel the baby start to kick i had my tubes tied 11 years ago and i haven't had a period for two months. I have had all the symptoms and my breast are leaking.  Could i be? and the hpy came back neg.
Hi, i am also "showing", like five or six months showing, and getting bigger .  How long was it before a test came back pos.?
Sorry about all the questions, but my breast are starting to leak also, and i can feel kicking.
Hi, My name is DeDe and I am 47, 16 years ago I had tubal ligation and would like to know if it is possiable to get pregnant. My periods or very regular, but I have missed last months period and had a one day spotting this month. I also find my self having to visit the bathroom more often, I feel bloated alot and my clothes are feeling more snuged.If anyone has a answer for me I look forward to hering from you. Thanks