Maternal & Child Community
Not Feeling Well - GD?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Not Feeling Well - GD?

I am 28w2d.  I haven't felt good for the last few days.  I am hypoglycemic and am now trying to eat a better breakfast.  Today I had Cheerios (plain) and a banana about 30 minutes later.  Now I feel nauseous.  I called the doctor and the nurse has put in for a test for Gestational Diabetes since it is time to do one.  (I see the doctor in one week.)  I have felt tired lately but I put all this on the fact that I'm in the 3rd trimester and it had been so hot lately.

My father had diabetes so I'm freaking out thinking I have GD.  Has anyone else just not felt well after eating and everything is fine?  My mom and the nurse think all is okay and is leaning more towards my stomach is being pushed up from the baby, which is causing me to feel nauseous.
Nausea is pretty common, so it might just be a pregnancy thing.  

Try to include some protein with your breakfast, beyond the milk in the cereal.  An egg, cottage cheese, string cheese, anything with some protein might help.  

A breakfast that is almost totally carbohydrate will shoot your blood sugar up, and then it crashes right down again.  Including some proteins or fat will hopefully prevent this.