Maternal & Child Community
Not showing at 20 weeks
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Not showing at 20 weeks

Hey guys just lookinf for a little reassurance. I know every woman is different but I am tired of looking fat!!! instead of pregnant. I am exactly 20 weeks today, and I go for an ultrasound tommorow to find out what it is and so measurements of the baby an be taken. I went two weeks ago at 18 weeks and the baby is groiwng like it should and the little heartbeat was right on target but I am ready to start showing!! I just look like I ahve gotten really fat, so humor me and tell me that I should start showing soon. I am 5'4 and was about 165 punds when i got pregnant so i was little on the chunky side to begin with. I can feel the quickening sensations every now and then so it gives me a little reassurance that everything is going ok. Thanks
Related Discussions
10 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
97615_tn?1212682189
I Wouldn worry so much.  my dh's cousin's wife was a little on the heavier side and she never showed...never.  she gave birth to a healthy baby boy weighing in at 7lbs 10oz and only gained 10lbs the whole pregnancy.  she was healthy and so was the baby.  best wishes!
Blank
i was exactly where you are..... did i say WAS i mean AM.... im 27 1/2 weeks and i still just look fat.... this sounds stupid but everytime im driving around or in the grocery store i always think someone from high school is gonna spot me and think im a whale and not preggo.... i guess im starting to look preggo but i still look fat.... ive never had a stranger come up to me and say ohhhhhh when are you due... i think im in-between and people dont want to hurt my feelings if im not.... anyways im no help to you-sorry... but i totally know how you feel....
Blank
At 18 weeks I definitely just looked fat.  At 20 weeks I only looked pg when I wore one certain maternity shirt.  Then around 22 weeks it started to come forward and actually look like a pg belly.  You're probably getting pretty close to popping forward.  Hang in there  :-)
Blank
My best friend is a little on the chunky side and she didn't start really showing until about a month before her daughter was born.  A big part of that though was not only her extra pre-pregnancy weight but her hormone induced breasts.  They poked out much further than her belly, so you couldn't see anything but huge boobs coming your way!
Blank
Women who are a little heavier it might not be noticable as a slender woman. You know your pregnant!
I only started to show at about 6 months!
Blank
I didn't start to look pregnant till nearly 30 weeks with baby number one  (I didn't even look fat untill 20 some weeks)
then with baby number two I looked fat until nearly 30 weeks
best of luck
Blank
im 20 weeks 2day still not showing and i dont feel kicks? i feel lil moves but nun like big or my belly movin ru guys the same? im 20weeks
Blank
I wore jeans to my 20 week u/s with both of my babies.  I am not a big gal & short so there is not much room, babies sit differently.  Have a tall friend who got a huge belly by 3 months looked like she was about 8- it was weird, she popped then didn't get much bigger till the very end, did it with both babies.  You would have thought it would be the other way around.  My babies were both large, hers were about 7 lbs, mine 9 & 10.  I did n't look prengnant till about 6 & 1/2 months with my first one, even then I didn't get too big right away, then I exploded.  At 20 weeks some gals will feel kicks, some won't, my first baby was a kicker, second one just rolled sometimes- never really kicked.  It's all personality.  I think as long as you are feeling movement, you are good.  Congrats!  The belly will be here before you know it, so finish any bending you want now.
Blank
1211961_tn?1270141039
I am 19 weeks and I am showing. I feel my baby kick but most of the time its only when I am Laying down or my pants are a little tight around my waist.
Blank
1784473_tn?1314845236
I'll be 20 weeks in 2 days..i've gained 9 pounds. i feel kicks & movement, & my fiance felt it from the outside a few times. but still not showing! just look chunky, with my belly a little rounded at the bottom. its so frustrating waiting to show!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank