Maternal & Child Community
Not sure if I ovulated..... Need some advice!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Hi, this is my first time posting. I really enjoy reading everyday all the posting everyone makes. I have a 30 day cycle and I am not sure if it's ovulation what I feel. My period was Dec. 18 and on Dec.31 all the way to Jan. 4 I have been having af type of cramps and extremely cm. I get surprised at how much I am getting. It's like when you blow your nose when you have a cold (sorry tmi). It's very stretchy and clear so, I don't know if that is the ovulation mucus that I see. Can anyone help to clear my mind. I have noticed this happening to me for already 3 straight cycles.
Thanks and baby dust to everyone!!
I would say get to baby making since you have all the signs of ovulation now!  Last month I ovulated late so I missed my chance. I had a little bit of CM during what should have been my ovulation time, but a week later I had lots of it! And thats when I ovulated and since it was a week late, Af was a week late, what a cruel joke =(    Anyways, I should stop wasting your time so you can go make a baby!!!   ***BABY DUST***
An increase in CM is completely normal with ovulation (in the event that you are ovulating right now). Most studies show that you can be considered fertile up to five days prior to ovulation (because the sperm can live for up to five days inside of you), obviously on ovulation day, and up to two days after ovulation (because the egg can live up to two days after ovulation). The most fertile period, however, seems to be like the day before, the day of, and the day after ovulation. If you are still getting a lot of cm, I would start bd'ing if you are ttc, and I would bd for the next couple of days. The month I conceived, I got my positive OPK (which meant I would ovulate within the next 24-48 hours), and DH and I bd that night and the next three nights. It worked after 15 months of unsuccessfully ttc (apparently I was off on when I ovulated until I started using OPK the cycle I conceived). Best wishes!