Maternal & Child Community
Now I am worried I shouldn't go on the vacation, I don't know...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Now I am worried I shouldn't go on the vacation, I don't know if the vaccines are safe.

I am supposed to go to the DR in April.  My doctor assured me the Hep vaccine is safe, but I can't find anything assuring on the net.

I don't want to do anything to damage this baby.  this trip was planned before we knew we were pregnant.  

Does anyone have any knowledge?  There is nothing on the Canadian web sites.
I just googled "Is Hep Vaccine Safe During Pregnancy" and got this....  

Q. Can hepatitis B vaccine be administered during pregnancy?

A. Yes hepatitis B vaccine can be safely administered during pregnancy.

Hepatitis in pregnancy is not associated with increased abortion rate, stillbirth, or congenital malformation. However, prematurity seems to be increased if hepatitis is acquired in the last trimester. Sixty percent of pregnant women who acquire acute HB infections at or near delivery will transmit the HB virus to their offspring. Although infection is rarely symptomatic, 70 to 90% of the babies will remain chronically infected into adult life and be prone to cirrhosis and hepatocellular carcinoma. Because of such high risks and the safety and efficacy (seroconversion 90 to 100%) of HB vaccine in preventing HB infection, it is recommended that HB vaccine be given to pregnant women at high risk.

I think it's pretty safe to assume that if your dr says it's ok, then it's ok.  I know we all get paranoid sometimes.
Have a good time on vacation.
anxious - I sense you have a very strong feeling of foreboding about this,  even though you keep hearing the science that it should be safe.

I'm into data,  and science,  but when that feeling . . .  of foreboding comes over me like this seems to have come over  you . . .   I listen to it.    It doesn't happen often to me,  but when it does,  I think it's there for a reason.

Maybe you could research some more,  and really look at the science and make your decision.  The other alternative obviously is to take a vacation where you don't need extra vaccines.

Best wishes in your decision.  
The reason I am going to the DR is that I support a mission there.  I am going on vacation but will be making a documentary as well.  I have restrictions already, not allowed to go into places where people are ill.  Cannot only eat resort food.  (My resort is 10 minutes from the resort).  We are going with 10 other people.  I am so excited about going but part of me is scared as well.  I am collecting medical supplies to take to a clinic that treats Haitian refugees.

I guess what I should be doing is praying and asking for guidance as I may not get the answers from science.
I had an issue with the Hep vaccine when my daughter was born.  I don't know how it effects women who are pregnant though.  Wish you the best!
That works,  doesn't it?  The answer my friend is blowing in the wind . . . haha.

Seeking answers usually gets them for you - and I've had luck with just asking for a sign.

It sounds like your trip would be really exciting,  and worth doing.

Best wishes with it.
Thanks, I do believe the answers come when you seek them.

I have been looking forward to this trip for a long time.  The mission started off as a soup kitchen, and now we have a clinic, a school, several churches, a communal farm and we are hoping to build an orphange.  It is entirely run by Dominicans.  We provide support and cash.  I won't be able to travel into the mountains, my husband will film those locations for me and I will be relaxing by the pool at the resort.