Numbness in Fingertips
I'm 36 weeks and am experiencing, which I think is normal, swelling in my wrists, fingers and ankles. Two days ago my fignertips of my right hand started to go numb. Has anyone experienced this? Is this something that I should be concerned with or is it just part of the water retention?
It may be carpal tunnel. Try googling it and seeing if the symptoms are similar to yours.  Im  a little over 36 weeks and have had swelling since around 20 weeks and my hands have not bothered me. But then again everyones different.
Have you ever had carpal tunnel?  It is common to experience it when pregnant.  Also, if you have swelling the swelling may be restricting some of the blood flow to the fingertips.  The veins that run to the fingertips are very small and can easily be restricted.  It wouldn't hurt to make a call to your Dr.

Blessings!
When I was about that far along with my daughter I would notice my fingers would go numb sometimes.  I work in an office and type a lot and it happened more when I was doing that.  I read that the water retention places pressure on the carpel tunel, so it can mimick signs of carpel tunel.  Nothing bad happened in my case, but if you are worried, I would definately call your dr.
Thank you for the feedback. I figured it was just another joy of being pregnant. I have my next appt next week so I'll ask my doctor about it.
I agree with cugirl and LoveFamily that it's most likely carpal tunnel.  I'm a little over 36 weeks and have had this for a couple months now. There are wrist supports you can buy at any drug store to help out-- I would talk to your doctor about it, he/she might have some other suggestions for you.
Also be very wary that it is not in face a form of edema (swelling) that can lead to pre-eclampsia...this can be life threatening to you and your baby. I would definately mention it at your next drs appt.