I'm so upset guys...If you remember me posting, I had a miscarriage on February 25th and it took until April 5th for my levels to go to zero. That weekend, me and my husband went on vacation and we had unprotected sex 1 time...I thought for sure nothing would happen...Well on April 23rd I started bleeding, not too heavy but it was sporadic over a few days...Well I started feeling very tired and my bood kinda hurt and I decided to take a pregnancy test and it came back positive. So I went to my RE today and they took a blood test and just called and said my levels are thru the roof and that isn't good...They said they were at 43,000 and he is thinking it's a molar pregnancy...I'm scared to DEATH!!! First of all I'm scared I'm going to die and secondly...I heard you have to wait a full year before trying again! Please if anyone has any advice for me let me know!
Thanks in advance..
I would wait for a ultrasound and see what they see on that. High levels could also mean multiple babies. So don't worry yet. Also A LOT of women do not wait a year before they try again even though some doctors recommend it. I'm sure its going to work out. You are not going to die. Here's a good site that gives information about it.
My sister in law is pregnant with a healthy baby at about 17 weeks. Her levels shot up like that in early pregnancy. It turned out she was carrying twins, but one did not make it. The other baby is doing great. Maybe it is just a multiple pregnancy. I also have a friend that had very high levels with both of her healthy baby girls. I don't think it is a definite bad sign. Think positive and I will keep you in my prayers.
I'm so sorry you are going through this....it is so so scary.
I thought my last pregnancy was molar but it was not....my hcg were never very high but the pics on the u/s showed what I thought were clusters like they say.
Just take a deep breath and go in for an u/s. Maybe it's just multiples.
How far along should you be?
This is such a scary time and yes, I totally believe you need to wait an entire year if this is molar. Molar could be cancerous and you do not need to risk your own life. You wouldn't be doing a baby any good until you get full clearance from a dr.
You know I'm always thinking and praying for you....please let me know how things are going....I'm praying you have twins or triplets even....or just a real strong healthy baby!
I had a complete molar pregnancy with my first pregnancy. My hcg's were extremely high. I started spotting off and on which was my first sign something was wrong. I had a d&c at 11 weeks. It was very obvious on that sono that it was definitely a molar. It looked like clusters of grapes filling the entire sac and no baby. My 7 week sono had looked completely normal except for no heartbeat yet.
It took my hcg's 6 months to get back to normal and then I had to wait a year to try again. It was the hardest time in my life. But I waited anyway. I know someone who didn't wait and then had the second pregnancy turn into a partial molar also and the baby died. I think it is very important to listen to the doctors on waiting even though it is torture to wait. They will check your blood work weekly and then monthly to make sure everything stays normal and no cells return after the d&c.
I now have 5 healthy children ages 1,2,4,6,8.
If it turns out to be a molar and you have any questions I would be glad to answer them for you.
I would like to add also that high hcg's alone usually don't mean anything. I have heard so many stories of high hcg's and they thought it was a molar and then everything is fine. With mine even though the hcgs were high they didn't even suggest molar until the sonogram that showed it.
Thanks for all of your reply's...I had the worst night...didn't sleep a wink...I will pray that it isn't a molar but my RE just seemed so confident that it was :-( My ultrasound is at 9:00 so I'll let you guys know later on today. Thanks for all the prayers...
ok, so I went for the US and the doctor said that he did not think it was a molar pregnancy...he did see a sac with a fetal pole and it had a heartbeat of 99...but he can't say if this is going to make it or not...So then my RE called later today as the US tech gave him the report and he said that they are pretty confident that it isn't a molar pregnancy and that he thinks possibly there were twins or even triplets and the bleeding could have been them disolving and now there is the 1...but he said we won't know anything as he think I'm really only 5 weeks and that is early...
I don't know what to think actually...I'm not getting my hopes up but at least I'm not FREAKING out about the molar thing any longer...
Thanks so much to all you girls for helping to calm me down
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.