Aa
A
A
Close
OPK+, HPT-, but no period?
i had my first IUI about 3 weeks ago.  right after it i started progesterone and have been off it for 10 days (as of today).  my doctor says it may take 7 - 10 days to start once you stop progesterone, but i still have not started, and my HPTs have all been negative.  i am around 7 days late based on my regular cycle.  yesterday and today i got + OPKs.  could that mean I am pregnant?  
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
178239 tn?1277409091
It could. But, generally an hpt will be bfp b4 an opk turns pos when testing for pg. What brand of hpt are you using?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
First response I think.  do you know what else could cause my LH to surge like that?  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
178239 tn?1277409091
I had read that we get random Lh surges throughout our cycles somewhere. I decided to find out. I opk'd every day of my cycle and had 4 pos surges. Once b4 o, one was o and 2 after o. From what I have read it is normal. That is one of the reasons the opk mfrs say start testing on a certain day. If you test too early, it may give ambigous result.

It is also possible, that the hpt was defective and gave a false negative. I have never seen that with frer though.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources