OPK+, HPT-, but no period?
i had my first IUI about 3 weeks ago.  right after it i started progesterone and have been off it for 10 days (as of today).  my doctor says it may take 7 - 10 days to start once you stop progesterone, but i still have not started, and my HPTs have all been negative.  i am around 7 days late based on my regular cycle.  yesterday and today i got + OPKs.  could that mean I am pregnant?  
It could. But, generally an hpt will be bfp b4 an opk turns pos when testing for pg. What brand of hpt are you using?
First response I think.  do you know what else could cause my LH to surge like that?  
I had read that we get random Lh surges throughout our cycles somewhere. I decided to find out. I opk'd every day of my cycle and had 4 pos surges. Once b4 o, one was o and 2 after o. From what I have read it is normal. That is one of the reasons the opk mfrs say start testing on a certain day. If you test too early, it may give ambigous result.

It is also possible, that the hpt was defective and gave a false negative. I have never seen that with frer though.