Maternal & Child Community
OPK LH surge line always there?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

OPK LH surge line always there?

I have read the other threads regarding this but none of them have actually answered my question.  from cd 9 i have tested with opk every second day. from cd 14 the line (which says if fainter than the above line than means negative) finally showed slightly and then I began to test everyday. Cd 19 I got my darkerish line than previous test but I was wondering if you were already pregnant can an opk have surge lines during that pregnancy? I just dont really feel I have had the way out line yet and well I didnt know if the LH could show faint on the test even if i was pregnant? Sorry if i am unclear but anything would be grateful. I am sitting on CD21.
www.peeonastick.com explains this very well.  Worth a look.
When I was on CD 22 in May, I got curious and used a OPT in the morning with FMU, and got a BFP! Then the next day I tried it again and same thing, BFP! So, I went out and got some HPT and took one that night and got a BFP in 30 secs!!! The OPT was sensing the pregnancy hormone too. But, I had a m/c 2 weeks later. Just be careful, I would only trust the HPT, Good Luck!!!
Lots of babydust to you**************************************:)
When you say "darkerish," do you mean it was darker than the test lines before, or was it a definite positive? On most OPK's, the test line must be as dark or darker than the control line for it to be positive. And I think the same instructions apply if you're using it as a pregnancy test. Also, I think you'll get a + HPT for pregnancy before you'll get a + OPK for pregnancy. That site that who_is_this posted is good about explaining it. I think that section is titled "OPK's as HPT's."

Maybe you're ovulating late this cycle. Also, I've read from a lot of women that the OPK's just didin't work for them.
Thanks guys. The site is great and I have just spent about an hour gawking at it! lol...part of the line was as dark as the control line hence my concern that it wasnt totally dark and confused whether or not it was actually positive.  I really hope this is my month but I am not stressing cos the first & last time I got my hopes up was a BFP and next came miscarriage.  I want a BFP dont get me wrong but there is a glimmer on concern that runs with it.