Maternal & Child Community
OPT shows LH surge for 4 straight days - is this normal?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

OPT shows LH surge for 4 straight days - is this normal?

I have been using the OPT sticks daily and for the last 4 days in a row, the line has been dark.  My last period started on 4/16 and my cycle is usually 28-29 days.  So I guess I'm 19 days past AF.  I am having some cramping in my ovaries over the past 4 days as well.  I have read on these forums that most people only have the LH surge for 1 day so that made me curious as to why mine shows 4 days!  Is it possible that I still haven't o'd?  I'm assuming my DH and I should bd again tonight?  Has anyone else experienced this or could you shed some light.  Thanks.
Related Discussions
10 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
It's not unusual to see 3 days, but 4 is not typical.
Blank
Also, it depends on how you interpret the result.  A surge is a line darker than the control line.  Try testing again.  It shouldn't be surging anymore.
Blank
Sorry, I'm having such bad memory as a preggo woman.  I also meant that a surge is a line JUST AS DARK OR DARKER than the control line.  Good luck and hope everything works best for you.
Blank
Thanks for your posts.  It does appear that the lines are almost as dark as the reference line.  What are the body signs that you've ovulated?  The ovary cramping is beginning to subside so does perhaps mean I've ovulated?
Blank
I would have a + for about 4 days.  It would first appear + 2 days before O and then stay + until about 2 days after O.  Finally on the 5th day, the test line would begin to lighten.
Blank
You may be one of those women that gets a few LH surges before the "real thing" happens.  Just keep BDing if your OPK looks +.  Are you charting along with it?  Charting helps b/c you can actually confirm O instead of trying to take your best guess as to when it happened.  HTH.
Blank
No, I'm not charting and I know I should be.  If I don't get my BFP this time, I plan to start with the first day of my cycle.
Blank
The best way to tell (at least for me) is to watch out for vaginal mucus.  Right before you ovulate, it's stretchy and clear, otherwise infertile mucus could be cloudy, thick, etc.
Blank
129291_tn?1205780063
When I used my OPK's they would slowly get darker day by day and then after my surge was done, they would start fainting away. I suggest you BD for couple more days since your surge is just picking up, it may take another 36 hours. Do not worry about having surge for 4 days. Just BD and you will see!
Blank
i have a question. u guess said that four days is a little off but ok what about for 7 days? and its darker on the test line not the same color? is that normal?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...