Maternal & Child Community
OT: Its a ZOO-PER birthday party...Need Idea's

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

So, I am planning Hunter's 1st birthday party, and long with this we are also doing 3 in 1 birthday, So not only will it be hunter's birthday party it will also be my nephew 2nd birthday and my niece's 2nd as well, because there birthday are with in days apart(18/25/30) We thought it would be best to thought One huge party instead of having one each weekend!! LOL We are going to go all out as its 3ppl paying for it!

So my question is, I need some more good ideas for this party.

We are having a ZOO theme party. We are going to have a moon bounce in a animal shape, we have a child's pool and a slip-n-slide. its going to be like an BBQ but I wanted to add little zoo/jungle stuff in, I thought of making popcorn and putting it in a brown paper bag a long with peanuts....I going to make jungle juice(just 7up and green sherbet) I made little signs saying "DONT FEED THE ANIMALS". For each kid they will get a treat bag, that not only will it have Zoo theme stuff in it, but we are also giving them a animal hat to wear all day as the kids are the animals....lol I have animal texture balloon’s....and oh yes, a tiger piñata....

I am pretty much have no more ideas in me! lol and was hoping that some of you would have some idea's for me!!

This is what I have for our invites,

Calling all Party Animals!

You're going wild for Ellie, Gavin, and Hunter’s Zoo-per Birthday Party!

Please join us for BBQ

Zoo open’s:

Zoo location:

We’ll have Toys, games,
Moon bounce, And don’t forget your swimming suit!

Hope to see you soon
we'll make an Animal out of you!

No ideas here, just wanted to tell you it sounds adorable :) and FUN!
Thanks!
Cute idea!! I am sure they will have a blast!! :)
Great idea!  How about "Pin the Tail on the Monkey"?  Or for another snack, you could get little animal cookie cutters and do Jell-O "jiggler" cutouts?  Sorry... that's all I've got right now... if I think of anything else, I'll send 'em your way!  =)
Thanks everyone! Cute idea about the Jello....
not trying to be nitpicky although it will sound that way

Zoo open's - should NOT have an apostrophe in it - should just be Zoo opens:

Not sure if you get Oriental Trading catalogs - they have wonderful animal things in there - you could check their website - they have foam masks and blow up animals for decorations - all kinds of fun things for goodie bags

Jungle animals love fruit - and that's a nice healthy snack - so lots of fruit !!!  Instead of making popcorn - you might want to find that puffed corn and use that instead of popcorn and peanuts - less of a choking hazard depending on the age of the children in attendance - One year olds could easily enjoy banana yogurt as a snack - If the party is outside - you could get the washable paint and paint "Bars" on your windows - put cutouts of animals on the inside of your windows and it will look like the animals are in their cages - you can pick up plastic animals for next to nothing at a Dollar Tree - make binoculars from toilet paper tubes and hand out to the kids - hide the animals all over your yard and let them try to find them with their binoculars - and of course make a cd of Jungle music - songs like The Lion Sleeps Tonight or Jungle Boogie - if you are very artsy - you can call your local furniture store and ask for a fridge box - paint it like animals in the jungle - but leave holes in the animals faces - let your guests put their faces in the holes and take pictures of them as animals - I'll keep thinking and let you know if I think of anything else - good luck and have fun