Maternal & Child Community
October Mommies...Birth Month Club Anyone?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

My name is Nicole. I was dx'd with a blocked tube in '04 and PCOS in '05.  DH had MFI (male factor infertility) due to a varicocele that was repaired in '06.  God has blessed us with our first pregnancy with the help our infertility specialist. DH and I are expecting our first 10/29/07.  I am currently 9w5d. So far all is well.  We saw our first heartbeat at 6w0d. And last U/S was at 8w0d and baby was growing right on schedule!!!

Wanted to know if any of you ladies were interested in starting a birth club to discuss all of our issues during pregnancy up to our births.

Happy Healthy Nine Months to all.

Nikki

Hi!  I'm Brittany.  I have a dd who is 3yo and I am currently 13w5d pregnant with baby #2.  My due date is set as October 3rd, but I'm measuring 2 days ahead.  I had a m/c in July, one in September and one right before New Years, all around 5-6 weeks.  But this little one has decided to stick around and see what this world is gonna be like.  I was recently diagnosed with a subchorionic bleed which is keeping me from working.  But other than that I guess everything is okay.  When do you have the big u/s?  Mine isn't scheduled until 22weeks!  I couldn't believe it when I counted it up.  That sucks.  But I'm almost positive I'm having another little girl!
Hello Mommies!!! My name is Carrie I am pregnant with my second child! I have a 7 year ol son, so we are very excited! My due date is oct 8th I am 12 weeks and 5 days! So hello to all of yall.

Hey ladies,
I'm Jen, and expecting #3 Oct. 3rd.  This is my 4th pregnancy....I had a m/c in Sept. 06.  I have to perfect children, 17 months apart.  The oldest just turned 5, and the other will be 4 next month.  

I'm trying to enjoy this pregnancy, and not 'wish it away', as I feel I have always done in the past.  This very well may be the last, as my 35th birthday will not be far off after I deliver in Oct.  

I am THRILLED to have a baby in the FALL, and can't wait to dig out the old chile pepper Halloween costume for this newborn!  
Welcome ladies!!!  I'm glad you stopped by.

Brittany- I am so happy for you that this little bean has decided to keep its nine month lease in your uterus (smile).  Sorry to hear about the bedrest due to the hemorrhage.  I wish you a happy, healthy nine months.

Carrie - Congrats on # 2. If you are two days ahead does that mean a possible Oct. 1 baby.  That would be great.  Right on my birthday (smile).

Jen- Wow, # 4!!!  I understand about the age thing.  I'm 33 and we're just starting..LOL!

I so hope that by starting this thread we will gather a caring group of women with great advice and genuine support.  So calling all October mommies....
Share your stories: whether this is your first or 10th.  Let's make these nine months the best they can be!!!

Happy, healthy pregnancy!!

Nikki
My due date is October 30. I have a DD that will be 3 in July. I am also 9 weeks 5 days. I had 2 m/c's last year and everything is going great so far and I'm really excited.
It's good to have people that are due at the same time!!!
Hey ladies!!!  Congratulations to you all!  I am due October 22nd, and am currently 10 weeks, 6 days- 11 weeks tomorrow!  This is my 3rd pregnancy, but first child and it looks like we are going to make it!!!  Got to hear the heartbeat on Friday, it was 152!  Everyone thinks its a girl, I have no idea  :)
Hi.  Our DD just turned five this week and baby #2 is due Oct. 5.  My husband is military and he is receiving a transfer this summer across-country.  We're hoping that the transfer happens sooner (July) rather than later...for obvious reasons!

We just had a level 2 ultrasound yesterday to measure nuchal translucency and the doctor (not my regular OB) diagonosed placenta previa.  Since it is early, she (And ME!) are hopeful it will resolve.  I've not been experiencing any bleeding, so I'm hopeful all will be well.  Baby was very active yesterday-it took awhile to get the angle she needed for an accurate measurement.

Good luck everyone!
Well This is baby number one for us. And he isnt due in Oct. but Sept 10. SORRY!! I just wanted to introduce myself!  We were not trying to get pregnant it just happened and we are thrilled!! I cant wait to share this with u ladies.
I'm due 10/23 with #4.

I'm nauseated pretty much all the time, but no vomiting. Terrible headaches. I am so bloated (with gas and constipation) that I can't fit into my clothes, but of course I don't look pregnant, just fat. fun stuff. oh yeah, and I've already gained like 8 pounds...

But the worst is this unbearable exhaustion. My lifestyle turns normal fatigue into flat out exhaustion. I work full time, go to school 2 nights a week, take care of 3 kids and am active in my church Weds. and Sun. PLUS I'm having this wonderful insomnia. I'm like the walking dead, it's crazy. I have no idea how I'm functioning, but I'm getting it done. The only thing suffering is the housework! :) (who cares)

Here's looking to the 2nd trimester!
WELCOME MOMMIES!!!!

Question:  What were/are your symptoms?

I had one day of terrible queaziness and near vomiting.  Nothing else other than
sore BB's, gas/burping, constipation, wierd crampy feelings in lower pelvis, heartburn etc.  TMI...lol

My nurse told me I am one of the lucky ones.

What has your experience been?

Nikki
well symptoms at the moment nothing i seem to be getting over it, but from week 7 till 10 was vomiting several times day feel sick all the time not being able to eat only able to have fluids and serve constipation gee i hate that, smells are getting to me, but the only thing now is every so often i get dizzy when i stand up or walking around and terrible heartburn also the cramps in the lower pelvis but i can handle that cause it's not so bad, all i know is when i start to show i'm going to have trouble sleeping cause i can only get to sleep on my tummy and that's the way it's been since i was a baby
Hey everyone! We are due with baby #1 on October 18th. We suffered a m/c in November 06 and we have been very cautiously excited.
I will be 12 weeks this week and I feel like having a party that I'm closing in on the 2nd trimester!

I haven't had any really strong symptoms. I have waves of nausea and have only gotten physically sick twice. I have had headaches that seem to be tapering off.

I love the Fall and think it is the PERFECT time to have a baby :)
Hi there

I'm due on the 18th oct i'm currently 11wks and 3 days going for a ultrasound tomorrow how exciting, cause my normal ob is back from holidays yeah lol will let you know how everything is going
Hey everyone.  I know I am a little delayed in putting in a comment towards this subject but I still wanted to join the group.  I am 10 weeks 4 days preganant today.  I had two miscarraiges last year, one in Feb 06 and one in June 06.  Come to find out, I have a progesterone problem and started taking supplements right away with this pregnancy and things look good.  I had a weekly U/S starting at nearly 5 weeks.  I saw the heartbeat at 5 weeks 6 days and finally heard it for the first time on the doppler at 9 weeks 6 days.  My due date is on October 26th.  I feel so blessed to be able to have this pregnancy and pray for all of us for a happy and healthy pregnancy.
Welcome,

We are surely praying for a happy and healthy nine months for you.  We are right around the same time.  I am 10 w0d today.  My first regular OB visit is this Friday.  I am hoping to be able to hear the heartbeat via doppler.  Don't know if they will do another U/S since my last was 8w0d.

Good luck and again, welcome,

Nikki
Hi.  I am due Oct 31/07 HALLOWEEN!!  My ds just turned 11 on Saturday.  I had a m/c in September and another one in Dec ( Both 2007).  Things are going great so far.  Nice to have other women to talk to that are at the same or close to the same point that I am.  Anyone else having MAJOR Heartburn??
Welcome.

I have heartburn, indigestion, gas...you name it...lol!!!  I am just thankful that morning sickness passed me by (smile).

I wish you a happy and healthy nine months.