Maternal & Child Community
On-off Spotting
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

On-off Spotting

Hello hopeful moms to be - I am 5 1/2 weeks pregnant (LMP - did a stick test), and was spotting at 4th week and sporadically thereafter (after sex, and after constipated poo-ing). The spotting has been red, pink and brown - not much at all, just a few drops. All other times, I am clear i.e. no spotting. All other symptoms exist - nausea, tender breasts, tired, higher temp.  Should I be hopeful?

I've had 2 miscarriages in the past - 2000 and 2004. I hope this won't be my 3rd, but I'm trying to be hopeful.

Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
134578_tn?1404951303
Spotting is pretty common in early pregnancy.  Sometimes it can be the first symptom of a m/c;  some women spot or bleed either early in pregnancy or even all the way through, and go on to deliver a full-term baby.  (See also the "brown spotting and really moody" thread below.) Spotting alone is not a clear indicator one way or the other, except that it might be good to get some rest.  Have you had your first doctor appointment yet?
Blank
Hi there,

I had some spotting early in this pregnancy (at about 5 and a half weeks), and all turned out to be fine (I only had spotting after a vaginal ultrasound).  I'm now almost 24 weeks.  A word of caution though - when I spoke to my doctor about the spotting, she said not to have sex until after she had examined my cervix.
Blank
i had spotting for the first three months in my previous pg and baby made it past full term lol.  i would check with your dr to be safe, but probably just normal.  good luck and a happy and healthy pg to you!
Blank
1529279_tn?1291863213
just like mine. it started brown discharge after sex it turns red sometimes brown, sometimes watery red 3days ago until now I still spot, my OB gave me DUVADILAN 2times a day. and told me to bed rest. no long distance walking, no long travel, no stress, no physical activities including sex or heavy lifting. wish me luck and pray for me..
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...