On-off Spotting
Hello hopeful moms to be - I am 5 1/2 weeks pregnant (LMP - did a stick test), and was spotting at 4th week and sporadically thereafter (after sex, and after constipated poo-ing). The spotting has been red, pink and brown - not much at all, just a few drops. All other times, I am clear i.e. no spotting. All other symptoms exist - nausea, tender breasts, tired, higher temp.  Should I be hopeful?

I've had 2 miscarriages in the past - 2000 and 2004. I hope this won't be my 3rd, but I'm trying to be hopeful.

Spotting is pretty common in early pregnancy.  Sometimes it can be the first symptom of a m/c;  some women spot or bleed either early in pregnancy or even all the way through, and go on to deliver a full-term baby.  (See also the "brown spotting and really moody" thread below.) Spotting alone is not a clear indicator one way or the other, except that it might be good to get some rest.  Have you had your first doctor appointment yet?
npd
Hi there,

I had some spotting early in this pregnancy (at about 5 and a half weeks), and all turned out to be fine (I only had spotting after a vaginal ultrasound).  I'm now almost 24 weeks.  A word of caution though - when I spoke to my doctor about the spotting, she said not to have sex until after she had examined my cervix.
i had spotting for the first three months in my previous pg and baby made it past full term lol.  i would check with your dr to be safe, but probably just normal.  good luck and a happy and healthy pg to you!
just like mine. it started brown discharge after sex it turns red sometimes brown, sometimes watery red 3days ago until now I still spot, my OB gave me DUVADILAN 2times a day. and told me to bed rest. no long distance walking, no long travel, no stress, no physical activities including sex or heavy lifting. wish me luck and pray for me..