Maternal & Child Community
Once Again ----Echogenic Cardiac Foci (aka calcium deposit)
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Once Again ----Echogenic Cardiac Foci (aka calcium deposit)

I had my 20 week u/s yesterday and all was well except spot seen in left ventricle. i reserached and found out it is called a echogenic cardiac foci./ My quad screen was negative for birth defects, but i have read that the foci is associated with DS. Does any one know anything about this?

PLEASE HELP

Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
93532_tn?1349374050
Were there any other indicators of DS? Nuchal fold thickness? Facial structure issues? Are you set to have a fetal echo to look more closely at the heart? if not, perhaps you could ask and see if your doctor would be willing to approve one.

I don't know that anyone here can answer this for you, which is probably why you didn't receive many/any responses the first time around. This really is something that needs to be discussed with a medical professional, not something most would feel comfortable guessing about.

Good luck,
Andi
Blank
I think jifnif had a similar problem.  I don't know if it was a calcium deposit, but I remember she said her baby had a spot on its heart.

Jifnif:  Any thoughts?
Blank
I had a friend that just had a healthy boy 3 months ago and on her first few u/s sound it showed that the baby had a calcium deposit on its heart. It finally went away. Her baby also did not show any signs of birth defects or ds. I hope that everything works out well.
Blank
Definetly dont want guessing but just curious if any one knew anything about this.  Everything else was A OK as far as u/s and b/w.  No signs of DS at all....just that calcium deposit.
Blank
that is good to know.  they said that alot of times it does go away before birth.  so i am not sure.. my level 2 u/s appt is on wednesday so i will let you know what is said.

thanks to all for the comments
Blank
I also am so worried about my baby. I went in for a ultrasound cause they thought i was further along. They found out im right where i should be but they found a calcium deposit (bright spot) on the babys heart.They said it is common and i should not worry because everything else looks okay with the baby. I did not get any of the blood tests for abnormalties because im only 30 and have 2 other healthy kids. I am so worried its all i can think about at this moment. I hope and pray everything is okay. I was wondering if anyone one else is going through this at the moment.      Worried mommy, WI
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...