Aa
A
A
Close
One week late and brown discharge
Hi. I am currently 4 days late for my period. My husband and I have been trying to concieve using 100 mg of Clomid.  We are anxiously waiting to find out if I am pregnant. However, I have not recieved a positive test and last night and this morning I found brown discharge in my underwear.  I havent seen anymore discharge, but I also have mild cramps and backaches.  I guess my hopes are that this is a sign of pregnancy or maybe just a sign of my period starting. I havent had anymore discharge or signs of my period except cramps. Does anyone know if I am just testing too early, if this is my period or what I should do!  anyinfornation would be wonderful!  Thanks again.!
Cancel
13 Answers
Page 1 of 1
With my son Austin I didn't test + until 15 days past ovulation. And with my 2 boys I spotted brown. Good luck.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I would think with a neg test and cramping its probably your period coming SORRY!!
Brownish blood (old blood) starting, Hoping Im wrong since your TTC...
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
cinnamon is probably right. also- with clomid, since you ovulate later (usually) it most often makes your cycles a little bit longer than normal. it probably isn't too early to test if you are using an early response type test.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
It could be af coming but  like I said I had spotting like that when I was pregnant. With Jayden for 2 days and with Austin for 4 (it was even light pink with him)... Plus I felt like af was coming any sec. Good luck.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
OK, My period was due on 9/21. On 9/18 I started to experience a brown discharge in my underwear and on the toilet paper after wiping.  But the only other signs of pregnancy were lower back pain.  Today is 9/27 and still no period.  The brown discharge  continues but if I am about to get my period than why don't my breasts hurt?  And I usually gain about 5 lbs before menstration and my face breaks out????
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
BROOK I AM GOING THROUGH THE SAME THING I BREAK OUT B4 MY PERIOD AND ITS BEEN 5 DAYS AND STILL NO PERIOD YES I DO SOME TENDERNESS IN MY BREAST BUT I USUALLY GO THROUGH THAT WHEN I GET MY PERIOD BUT IT HASNT CAME DOWN I SPOTTED PINK AND BROWN TWO WEEKS AGO AND TODAY WOULD OF BEEN MY LAST DAY FOR MY PERIOD AND NOTHING CAME DOWN SO I AM IN THE SAME BOAT SOME ONE ANSWER
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Hi Guys.  I am as the doctor has put it "2 minutes pregnant", the at home test said negative but my period was 5 days late and my breasts are sore so I went to the doctor and he did a blood test and the blood test showed that I am about a week and a half along ( a little early to be teeling anyone)but when I was there I brought up that I have had cramping and a brown discharge and he said that in some cases that does happen and not to be worried about it.  I suggest going and getting the blood test.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
HI I am going through exactly the same process as you. Clomid 100mg and now day 37. Usually a reg day 28/29 cycle. Neg tests last wk. Day 36 light brownish discharge (not enough for a pad/tampon and awoke this morning with the same..very very light). Did you end up being pregnant??

club44
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Hi I'm a few years off but was wondering if you did end up being pregnant after all! I'm going through the same thing today I'm 7 days late, in clomiphene for the first time. Started having brown discharge this morning. Help?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I am a mother of 3 and have had 4 pregnancies. Brown discharge has always been my sign that I'm pregnant. I always say give it another week. Our bodies know 2weeks before any test can tell. Give it more time before you run to the gyn.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Get the blood test and ultrasound. Never trust the pee test. Use it as a guide to get to the Gynecologist.  They will ask if you took a pee test. Tell them you did to make the process faster. Just kidding. Make time to know for sure.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Hi there, I wonder if you ended up being pregnant? I am on the same road as you described - on clomid, had brown discharge on and off for three days last week, with cramps for one night only, and am now late for three days. I have several symptoms that could be either pregnancy or AF coming - low abdominal pressure, but no more cramps, backache, headache, bloated, tender underarms and breasts swollen. I also had dizziness and nausea but that could be something else, as I am very tired from work and have recurrent sinus infection. Thanks for any help!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Hello. I was 3 days late and for my fourth day, i got these brown discharge. I thought it was just the start of my menstruation but it doesn't seem to be a menstruation. Is this a sign of pregnancy or just a menstruation? I haven't tried any pregnancy test yet because i expected these brown discharge to be red and will eventually turn into a normal menstruation.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
One week late and brown discharge
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
Top Children's Health Answerers
134578_tn?1446090952