Maternal & Child Community
Open Forum - Friday

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Open Forum - Friday

Have a great day, ladies!

KellieD - hello!  Haven't talked to you in a while... hope you are well!
Hey ladies.  It's been a few weeks since I've been on the forum.  We have been on vacation for 2 weeks.....I'm so glad to be home.  I have missed out on lots I'm sure.  I need an update on who's pregnant now, who's still ttc and who's about to deliver!  I am almost 25 weeks, and feel pretty good.  I go to the doctor Monday, just for a monthly check.  This little tike is really moving around alot.  I had forgotten how cool it is to sit and watch my belly dance around.  After all, it's been about 11 years!  

I hope everyone's doing great.....please fill me in on all I've missed if anyone has time!
Good to have you back...vacations are great! :o)  I had a bit of drama while you were gone...positive HPT (faint), negative urine test at the doctor's office, positive HPT, and finally a positive qualitative blood test.  We are very excited but a bit concerned by the cramping when I change positions.  Of course since I've wanted a baby since I was 4 :o) , I"ve started looking at names.  My husband doesn't even want to discuss boy's names b/c he is convinced it is going to be a girl.  Obviously, since I am only 4.5 weeks along, we have no idea what it is.  Also, he is wanting to find out what it is and I dont' want to...I guess one of us will have to cave in :o)

HOpe all is well with you,

Andi
FYI Kristen just did a roll call on 6/16 so you may want to stop in that thread.  I am 22 weeks and really starting to feel this baby move too, I mean I have been feeling flutters but now they are actually kicks.  I know what you mean about seeing the stomach jump and move it is the best feeling in the world!
Just wanted you to know that I am thinking about you.  I'm hoping that your u/s brought the little miracle we were all hoping for!!
HI Everyone - answer if possible - I am almost 19 weeks pregnant, and sometimes when I climb a flight of stairs or up a hill, I get very out of breath.  Does anyone else?
Goodmorning!!! I posted late last night and I want to encourage everyone, especially first time mothers-to-be, to read my post under the thread about pediatricians. I also want to advise everyone about mercury and baby shots. It is a very good possibility that Bailee has Apraxia because of having too much mercury in his shots. The health dept orders large quantities of shots and from what I understand as they sit on the shelf the mercury can become very concentrated. Mercury can cause ADD, Autism and speech/language delays. This has been big news lately and because that is where we took Bailee for his shots we cannot outrule it. Pediatrician's keep less stock and reorder frequently, but this still does not ensure "fresh" shot. PLEASE ask about the date of the shot they give your little miracles! It could prevent future problems!

This was on the Evening News with Dan Rather last week and also last year. They came out this time saying they did a study and it did cause the things I mentioned above, but as a disclaimer it also said not all children have been affected which they are continuing to research. My thing is I would never take that chance again. If I am blessed enough to get pregnant this time we will go to the peds!!
Yes, I feel out of breath quite often even after very little physical exercise, sometimes just walking.  I feel so fat and out of shape!  I am 22 weeks 2 days.  I am in relatively good shape. I had the same thing while pregnant with DD but not until almost 8-9 months.  I know that sometimes the baby can create less room for your lungs and it is very common to feel breathless but I didn't think it should be this early. I mentioned it at my last doctor's appointment but because of my very close friend losing their baby at 37 weeks she thought it was just anxiety.  I have an appointment today so I am going to ask her again.
bailee5 - I'm wondering if you have more info on that story you say Dan Rather did just last week. Because of a study recently released, I have heard a lot of completely different stories about how there is absolutely NO link with autism and childhood innoculations. My DD's pediatrician said only one company produced the injections that had a small amount of mercury added as a preservitive and now they have stopped and are recalling all those that were already sent to peds offices. He also said more children are being diagnosed with autism because of it's awareness and acceptance not because innoculations (most of which have been used for decades). Again I was just wondering where you got that information because it surprises me how different ours compares.

karen - I totally get the same thing. I'm 29 weeks tomorrow. My docs suggested making sure I stay really hydrated. Also I would have your blood pressure checked, having yours be too high or too low could also make you feel that way. I was just diagnosed with anemia (low iron?) and feeling extremely out of energy was a symptom. Taking iron has helped me greatly. If everything else is great I'd just chalk it up to the fact that you're carrying extra weight and that's hard work!!!
Hello, No I do not mind sharing at all. My son has Apraxia (please see thread on choosing a pediatrician)and it has been a very long struggle for us. I cannot remember what night Dan did the expose, but I can definately do some research. I am the queen of research lol!!! I know because of watching my son suffer, I would just personally not take the chance with my next child. I actually have never heard your side of the story, but I can definately look into it. I like to try and give the facts only. I am not out here to scare anyone or give misleading info. I just am trying to inform and conceive!!! :) The story did air at the end of last year and I believe this was just a follow-up. I will speak to my ped and also see what I can find out. If you have anything else, please share! :)
just to let you know, if this is a big concern for you you might also want to ask where the ped get's there vacines from. while it is true that peds have less stock and order more frequently it is also true that a lot of peds get there vacines from the local health department. I know mine does and i beleive all the others in my area do too.
i know you've had a veery bad experience (i read your post from yesterday) but it may not be just the health dept.
~nanci
Morning all:)

I have a question about charting. Does the outside temp have anything to with your BBT? Mine was 98.1 this morning but it was like 85 in the house so I thought maybe that is why it is so high.
O.K., I just called my mom-in-law because she saw the same story on the Evening News as I did. She added that they said MANY drug companies still use mecury as a preservative in shots.It said they claim it is a low and harmless dose, but that studies have shown that is not necessarily the case. I think the goal is to get the drug manufaturers to quit using mercury at all, because evidently we really don't know for sure what it may or may not do to a developing child. I am still going to research this further, but I think nanakay brought up a good point, we need to just be aware of the possibilities and speak with our ped's before giving the shots.I do not think your ped is unaware, chevyjewelj,I just think there is alot of info out there and we are getting it from many different sources. If your relationship there is good I would feel totally confident with the shot. I know if Dr.Donna told me the shots were fine I would trust her. If I find out anything more I will post it at a later date! You ladies have a great day! :)
Hi Silo how are you doing? How was your Vacation? Well since you were gone I got my BFP on June 4 and had it confirmed at my clinic, DH and I had a scare on Sunday when i started bleeding but all is well now. My Dr has me going for an early U/S on June 30 just to be on the safe side, and by then i'll be 9 weeks from LMP. Dr has my due date as Feb 1, but the U/S will show us a better date i'm sure.
I have done a lot of research on the vaccine issue.  It seems very credible to me.  You can go to http://www.909shot.com for more information.  Make sure all of your vaccines do not have thermasol (mercury) in it.  Don't just ask and take the answer of "no there is no thermasol in the vaccine".  You have to actually look at the bottle before having the shot. My first doctor has her set of vaccines.  With DPT, she had a horrible eery type of cry and got sick with a fever.  I read up on the vaccine and was horrified about what I found.  We then saw a show on 20/20 or 60 min. (it was about 10 yrs ago so I can't remember which one).  The show was about parents who believe their kids got autism from the DPT vaccine.  That was it for me.  I didn't get another vaccine for my daughter.  Also, with the MMR, my daughter got huge round red circles on her back with a fever (about the size of silver dollars).  My doctor told me it wasn't the vaccine but an allergic reation.  My friend's daughter also had a MMR shot (our daughter's are the same age).  Her daughter went into convulsion at home and turned blue. My friend swears that it is the vaccine and not some fluke thing like her doctor had said.  The Hep. B vaccine is not necessary for infants.  Is your child going to have sexual contact or have drug use?  That is the only way Heb. B is contracted.  My prediatrician has told me that he believes that infants have died due to the Heb. B vaccine.  He also told me that his patients are actually healthier who have not had vaccines.  Pretty brave for a pediatrician to say.  He is one of the best in our area and well respected in the community.  He is not afraid to say what is right.  Other doctors in our area have harrased their patients as to why they will not vaccinate.  When I had my second daughter, I decided not to vaccinate her.  After I had her in the hospital, the hospital pediatrician harrased me as to why I wouldn't allow my baby to get the Hep. B vaccine.  Here I just gave birth and I am sitting on the toilet and she pops her head in harrasing me.  She told me that my daughter could get cancer, etc..  Pretty far fetched.  The only way you can get cancer from Hep. B is if you actually get it.  Some people think you can actually get cancer from the vaccine because it is made from Hep. B. I told the doctor that my own doctor (gave his name) is the one who deals with all my vaccine issues.  That shut her up really quick since my doctor is so well respected.  My second daughter has been so much healthier.  She has never gotten sick like my other daughter.  I still nurse her which has helped with sicknesses.  I have always nursed my babies for a long time.  There was an outbreak of whooping cough that went around here.  That made me nervous and I just didn't take my baby out much.  I just pray that my baby never gets anything.  I talked to one of the families who did have whooping cough.  The mother used to be a nurse.  She said that all her kids got the whooping cough vaccine but they still got the sickness.  I heard the main risk of whooping cough is under the age of 2 even though in a severe case, it can be dangerous for older children.  The vaccine issue is such a hard one.  We don't want our kids to get anything.  Some parents will wait until their kids are at least 1 yr. to get some of the vaccines.  That way it is not such an overload on such a small baby.  Think about it, all those vaccine in one little tiny 6-8 lb. baby!  I think if one is going to get vaccines, wait until the child's body weight is larger and then weed out all unnecessary vaccines such as Heb. B, diptheria (not around in this coutry), tetanus (unless your child will play around nails), and any others you think might not be necessary.  For meningitis, the Hib. might not be necessary.  That is for only one strain of meningitis.  The other (starts with a p) is more for a bacterial meningitis which may be more of a risk.  We know someone who personally died from that one.  He was older.  The vaccine is so new, who knows the side affects and its effectiveness.  Our babies are the guinea pig for that research.  Go to 909shot.com for all the info you need.  It is very helpful.  Happy mothering to you all!
Sorry about some of the grammar on my posting.  I have a crying 2 1/2 yr. old on me who always cries when I am on the computer.  I put doctor instead of daughter for first vaccines.  (-:
Just a note on the shot thing. My younger sister was given the DTP for the first time and developed menangitis (meningitis) from it, I did not know that this was a possiable side effect of the shot. The doc says it was kinda of like an allergic reaction. She will not give that shot to anyone in our family now cause she doesn't want us to go through that again.

My sisters are currently 13, 10, and 5. My DD is 4. My mom and I use the same ped because we have a lot of family history with medical problems. Taking all the kids to the same doc really helps cause she knows tha family history and knows how to take care of it if problems do arise.
ok...i have to put my two cents in here. i don't think vacines are the enemy here. with any treatment for anything you are going to have bad and good stories.  we have a friend of our family that swore no matter what his children wouldn't have their tonsils out because his sister had a reaction to the anesthetic when they were kids and died on the operating table.

personally i will make sure my son is fully up to date on all his vaccines. for one thing i would just die if my son came down with a disease that has been wiped out for decades such as polio. i can prevent him from getting things like that and i will. second in my state up to date vaccines are required for entry into school, i'm ssure not all states are the same but i am not going to cheat my chldren of a good education.
a lot of people have reactions to preservitives usually they are not severe, and just because one person does doesn't mean everyone will.  
Have you ever had a TB test?.....did you know there are preservatives in that?  i had a reaction to the preservatives in a TB test one time, my heart rate dropped to 45 my BP dropped to 60/00 the walls started looking like sponges that were being sqeezed. i would never wish that experience on anyone, but i wouldn't deter anyone from have a TB test either.
anyway that is just my opinion for what ever it is worth.
~nanci
I am not saying vaccines are bad just that you need find the right pediatriaction to administer them. I have gotten all of my daughters done including the one for chicken pox which is not mandatory fro school. I love DD and definately not want any harm to come to her.
I totally disagree with about 90% of what you said but to each their own. That's the great thing about our country - we can raise our children the way we think is best. I think what you're doing is dangerous not only for your children but for those around them as well. A lot of your info is skewed like babies being loaded up on vaccines when they weight 6-8lbs. The recommended series is given two or three shots at a time, every three months or so for 2 years+. The large majority of innoculations are the same ones that have been given for decades so I resent the guinea pig comment. Your comment about the tetnus shot is way off and I guess there is a myriad of other things that drove me crazy about that post so I'll just stop. I think parents that don't vaccinate are playing with fire at their children's expense. I didn't mean to start a debate here but that's my opinion. Here are a couple links on the study I was talking about - it was EVERYWHERE in March of this year because of the impact it had on so many parents and children:

http://www.cnn.com/2004/HEALTH/05/18/vaccines.autism.ap/

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A36703-
2004May18.html

The second one mentions the Danish study someone brought up earlier which is why I posted it. To my understanding it is credible and supports my argument instead of the latter. There are countless other articles - all you have to do is type in "no link autism vaccines" into your search engine and it brings up tons if anyone is interested. Not lookin for a fight, all of this is just my opinion. I don't feel it's my place to judge or tell anyone what to do so I'm sorry if this comes across that way - it's not meant to be that way - just backing my opinion!

bailee5 - I don't know anything about Apraxia but it sounds like you've had a tough going for a long time with your little guy. It also sounds like things are getting a little better and I wish you all the luck in keeping him on the right track to a normal life. It sounds like you're doing a fabulous job and he's a terrific kid. Thanks for sharing your story about him I look forward to hearing more in the future!
Ditto to the above post. I'm glad we can all state our opinions without things getting out of hand. It's a great topic to discuss. Please don't feel bad and feel free to stir whenever you want to! :)
Lmao Well like it has been said before to each his own but it gives me peace of mind. I remember the chicken pox they were aweful. My mom didn't get it for my sis cause she wanted her to get it now instead of later but that was her decision not mine.
Sorry--there is no mercury (thimersol) preservative in any pediatric Hep B vaccine in use today (this IS a big issue, and we give them everyday--they are ALL THIMERSOL FREE NOW.  I believe the vast, vast majority of the other pediatric vaccines are also thimersol free.

But I KNOW the Hep B ones are.  

My personal feeling is that millions upon millions upon millions of people (including virtually every one of us) have received these vaccines as children (and this was back when they DID have thimersol preservatives).  Undoubtably, there ARE some bad reactions.  ANY drug has the potential to cause harm.  Tylenol has triggered fatal liver disease in people.  Aspirin has SERIOUS and well know side effects.  Certain vitamins are associated with problems.  Herbal remedies touted as safe and natural have killed.  

If you give enough people a drug or vaccine, there WILL be a bad reaction.  And vaccines are among the most widely used and widely studied of all meds.  Do you think for a MINUTE, if there was clear and convincing evidence that scientific proof of significant harm was being done, that they would still be given?  Vaccines ARE NOT a money maker for drug companies...if anything, they are a liability now...there is no conspiracy to brain damage innocent children.  The diseases associated with not giving vaccines have FAR more potential for disaster and damage than the vaccines themselves.  Ask any parent of a child deafened by rubella--this is a not uncommon sequelae of this easily preventable "innocent" childhood disease.  Measles has a high incidence of very serious sequelae.  The list goes on.

I'm sorry your child has Apraxia.  No one can know for sure if it was vaccine-related or not.  I personally don't believe in giving the HepB vaccine at birth--in my opinion, there just isn't a need for it, and no--who wants to give a child a vaccine that may not be necessary in the first days of life?  

This is only my opinion.  Just because you hear some sensational story on TV--don't take it as gospel.  These vaccines have been widely studied for more than 60 years--there are very few drugs on the market that have received the same scrutiny.  Many ladies here give their babies medication for reflux--I can tell you that THOSE medications CERTAINLY haven't been around for as long as vaccines have.  And they carry risks, also.  

People circumcise nearly every male infant born in this country today.  A procedure that is NOT advised by the American Academy of Pediatrics--a procedure that carries signifacant risk of injury and needlessly changes the appearance of a healthy body part.  Yet we willingly make our children undergo this operation without their consent.  To "look right".  No other developed country in THE WORLD circumsises infants routinely.  

-------------------------------------------------------------

I am not some raving pro-vaccine nurse being "paid off" by the big drug companies to inject innocent children with dangerous vaccines--it just makes me crazy to hear "proof" via junk science disseminated on popular TV shows that live to get ratings by creating controversy.  Hundreds of millions of people have received vaccines for 60+ years.  Yes--there can be bad reactions.  But as I said--if we are going to go there--every single drug available today has serious side effects associated with it.

The sensible thing is to limit our exposures to what we don't need.  But if we get to the point where vaccines are no longer available and we see (as we are already) a resergeance of common childhood diseases and their severe sequlae--we will see children suffer and die needlessly, just as they did before vaccines were available.

This is a personal decision that every parent needs to make for themselves.  This rant was just my 2 cents.  

Have a nice day.
I also got the chicken pox one for my daughter and I'm soooooo glad I did. My parents took in two foster kids(actually my cousins long story) and we didn't know they hadn't had any vaccinations. Well my daughter was around them a lot, sharing toys, sippy cups (the little boy was a sippy stealer) and two weeks after they came they ended up with chicken pox (or had them all along and we didn't know it). The little boy ended up in the hospital for four days because he got so sick and the baby girl was just miserable for over a week. She has a huge mark on her nose that I think will probably be a scar because she kept scratching her face. My daughter had just had the shot not even a month and a half before coming in contact with them so we watched her like a hawk. She never flinched and I was convinced it was because of the vaccination. There were 7 other kids at their daycare that had all been vacinated and not a one of them got it either. Proof is in the pudding.
ok i just read the entire post about hep b and i think you need to get a little more information. hep b is not only transmitted by sexual contact, it is a blood born pathogen and can be spread by any contact with blood or bodily fluid. second the vaccine is a dead vaccine not a live one. the only way you can get sick from a vaccine (itself not it's preservatives) other than an allergic reaction is if it is a live vaccine.

and as far as not letting them go anywhere when an illness i going around.....what are you going to do keep them in a bubble for ever?  
look i am not trying to badger anyone i just think people need to be more informed.  a lot of these diseases haven't been around for decades the reason some of them are popping back up is because of AIDS, the immune systems are so weak they invite illness that is now considered rare.
1 web site has 1 opinion, all i am saying is expand your reserch.
~nanci
Too bad they can't come up with a vaccine for AIDS. that would solve alot of issues.

Off the subject:  I am sooooooo sleepy today. This whole getting AF back can be a drag. I can't wait till my next cycle thought that way I can tell if I o'd or not. Well here's to O'ing and getting a postive BFP.
christie- i just love your cents.
~nanci
To add my 2 cents on this issue, the reason these illnesses are making a comeback is because parents are not vaccinating, it has nothing to do with HIV or AIDS. Parents make uninformed or misinformed decisions, don't vaccinate their kids and illnesses that have not been seen in several years are again being spread.

We had an instance around here lately where children were adopted from another country (where vaccinations are not done and these illnesses run rampant) and these children were out and about in public potentially spreading these illnesses. So those lucky parents who decided to rely on the rest of us to vaccinate our kids so they wouldn't have to were then forced to pull their kids from childcare for at least a month until the risk was contained. They also had to trace every step they had made with their children to see if they were exposed to these children.

I really wish people would look at all the facts, not just manipulated "facts" or obscure studies before making a decision that could have such dire consequences.

FYI, I am a "retired" nurse (stay at home mom now) I am not in the workforce, so I am not receiving a dime from anyone to voice my opinion :)

Andrea
Boy, I did not mean to stir the pot up so much today! Sorry, about all that. I am definately for vaccinations. Plus, our state requires them for school. My story is just one persons account of experience. I am not medically trained nor do I know all the answers. We have had a very long struggle with my son's Apraxia and he still attends PT, OT and Speech therapy 5 times a week. No I do not know what caused his disorder and since the nedical society is not so sure what causes Apraxia either it is just a guess that the shots may have affected him. I am definately all for medications and using them! I know this week I have taken several Tylenol because of extreme cramping that I pray is due to Oing! :) I just wanted to share my experience and put the info out there. I do think some shots are maybe not necessary, but most do prevent some horrible disease's such as polio. I will just be more aware of the possible side affects of mercury and try and make sure the shots have the least possible amount or none if possible. On the other hand now, in my defense I am a very educated person and have done more research in the past 6 years than you can ever imagine and I have read both the pros and cons of child innoculations. I have looked into it enough to make heads spin. I have researched Apraxia and attended a dozen seminars for children with disabilities. I also do consider the national media as the gospel. I just think it is an avenue that was worth looking into for myself and my family's sake. Once again I am sorry to have stirred up so much debate today, but I am glad that at least we all agree that our children's health is very important! :) I value everyone's opinion on this site and appreciate the willingness of everyone to share their stories, even when they can be most difficult to share. To those ttc and those awaiting their little miracle I continue to wish you many blessings. Shoshannah
Sorry in my exteme typing frenzy I made a typo. I DO NOT think of the national media as the gospel. You can only find that one in the Good Book. :)
Debate is good.  Don't ever worry about it.
i got the chicken pox one also for my son, i don't remember them my self but i remember how miserable my oldest nephew was and i have a scare on my cheak from them. (what a miserable childhood illness)

there are people out there that think vaccines are a bunch of hooy, of course i think they are the same people that think elvis isn't really dead and we never really landed on the moon.haha
~nanci
Okay Moms, here I am again.  I was not telling people to not vaccinate their children or trying to pick a fight (-:  I was saying in my post to be aware of the risks of vaccines.  When you sign your waiver forms at the pediatricians, be sure to read the fine print of possible reactions of the vaccine.  You will see that many of them are almost the same symptoms of the actual illness you are vaccinating for.  Your child could most likely build up an immunity to the disease, but also, there is a risk of some harmful reactions.  I remember when my daughter got the live Polio virus.  I had read about it prior to getting it for my daughter.  The info said that the vaccine could actually cause Polio since it was a live virus.  I asked my doctor about it.  He said that anyone can write a book about anything and said not to worry about it.  Well, about three years later, I went to the same doctor for my daughter's strep throat.  On the counter was a sign that "We no longer give the live Polio vaccine due to patients possibly contracting Polio from the virus".  Well, how about that?  What if that happened to my daughter?  As for the school issue, in California where I live, it is mandatory for children to have their vaccines before entering school.  A parent though, can sign a waiver to not have those vaccines.  As one of the ladies pointed out in her post, this is a free country and it is wonderful that we should have a choice for such issues.  The people who want to vaccinate can do so.  Those who choose not to, can take the risk.  I think either way, a parent is taking a risk.  We all want to do what we think is best for our children and it is a completely personal issue.  As for the guinea pig issue, I was not talking about all vaccines.  I was talking about the PNEUMOCOCCAL vaccine.  That is one of the newest vaccines that are out.  How was the vaccine tested out for its safety on children?  You tell me that.  Was it actually tested on children?  You tell me that.  How would one know its effectiveness on children unless it was tested on children?  You tell me that too.  (-:  As for the Heb B vaccine, even with thimersol taken out of it, my doctor still feels that given to a newborn child, it is very risky.  Most of the hospitals in our area will not give it to a newborn.  I just happen to have my baby in a neighboring town that still gave the vaccine.  Well, all said and done, I hope and pray that all of our children remain healthy and never get any of the reactions or diseases we have mentioned.  You all take care.  Happy parenting and pregnancies!  (-:
P.S.  If your child is vaccinated, what is there to worry about those kids who are not vaccinated?  The child got the vaccine and he is going to be immune to the disease anyway - right?  Unless the vaccine doesn't work.  Just something to chew on and consider. I am not for people forcing vaccines on anyone.  There are some difficult doctors and people out there who will force their demands on people.  It is not right.  There are some serious people out there who really believe that their children are damaged from the vaccines.  Their child was fine before the vaccine, and then afterwards had a bad reaction.  We have to consider them and not look down upon them or anyone who would choose not to vaccinate their child.  Who knows, maybe that parent had some kind of gut feeling that the vaccine may not have been right for THEIR child.  I believe that we mothers get those instinct feelings regarding OUR children.  After my research regarding vaccines, I did not feel good about giving certain vaccines to my daughter.  Later, when she was about 4 yrs old, I found out that she is allergic to eggs.  I also found out that children who are allergic to eggs can have a higher risk with the vaccines due to them being cultured in eggs.  I think that motherly instinct feeling was at work when I decided not to further vaccinate when my daughter was a young infant.
Thanks for the thoughts. The ultrasound on Wednesday showed nothing but the yolk sac still they scheduled me for the d&c at 8:30 Friday morning and in the operating room right before the procedure she did one more and still saw nothing. I feel like I did the wrong thing and now wish I would have waited. But I can't change that now :(
I am out of it w/my pain pills right now but had to get out of the bed and move around. Especially since dh's birthday is today (sat).
We plan to try one more time. I cannot figure out why this is the 3rd time a baby has not developed! I mean everything BUT the baby. I would like to know now but have to wait atleast a month before she will run bloodowork. I hope nothing serious is causing this. I am really emotional right now, especially since every commercial/show/movie has a newborn in it or a pregnancy. I also kept running into pregnant women at the hospital yesterday.

For anyone who has had a d&c..this is my 3rd...

Did you bleed alot after it? I did at first with my 2 prev, actually up until 14 days. W/this one I am barely bleeding but mainly spotting. Sound normal??
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.  I had  blighted ovum last year, and then two early miscarriages after that.  I was just about ready to throw in the towel, when I found out in January I was pregnant.  I know it seems grim, but there's definitely a chance.  Hang in there.  I'll be praying for you.
I am so sorry to hear about your bad news.  I was so hoping this would be the one that stuck for you.  I cant say I know how you feel, I just want you to know I am thinking about you and praying that things work out in the end.  Good luck.
Suzie
I'm so sorry Christina to hear of you loss.  I pray for healing for you and your body.  I know it is hard because I have been there myself.  It has been over a year and I am just getting over the pain of my loss.  My doctor told me I could try again about 2 wks after my D&C.  That was totally insane of him.  Especially he is supposed to be a top doc and director at Cedar Sinai Hospital in addition to his private practice.  Most things I have read on the web say three months is best to allow the body to heal and for build up on the uterine walls.  That makes more sense to me.  I have even read that one year is best.  I have read that written by a reputal OB/GYN and a midwife even told me that.  It has been over a year for me and I am hoping things will happen soon. Maybe it has been best for me that I haven't conceived yet.  I am more emotionally healed and also probably very much healed physically as well.  I wish the best for you and I hope that you get your baby sometime soon in the future.  God bless you!
Hi Christina and everyone else!  I just logged on after months of not coming on here.  Christina...I am soooo sorry to find out what you are going through.  I know you must be so devastated.  I hope your doctor can figure out what is happening so that you can have a successful pregnancy very soon.  You definitely deserve it.  I am feeling your pain and praying for you.  And I have to diagree with the person who said you should wait 3 months or even a year after a D&C.  I got pregnant after one cycle and am now 33 weeks.  You will know when you are ready.
I know the last thing you want to hear right now is about someone else's pregnancy, but while I'm here I want to give an update.  I am due in just under 7 weeks.  I don't remember if I posted this before, but it's another girl.  I went to the doctor on Monday the 7th and was told that I was 25% effaced.  Then a week later on Tuesday the 15th was told that I was 80% effaced and dilated a little more than a cm.  Since we need the baby to develop a little more I was put on bedrest and told to quit working.  So I go back tomorrow to see if I am continuing to dilate.  I have contractions daily, hard enough to take my breath away, but not yet painful.  My husband works in radio and we recently had a 3D/4D ultrasound done for free in return for us doing a radio commercial for the company.  If anyone is interested in seeing the photos, you can copy and paste the following     http://www.2wd.com/showdj.asp?DJID=21320

I wish everyone the best in whatever stage you are in.  Christina, I truly hope you get the blessing you deserve.
Thank you for sharing your story with us.  That gives me encouragement.  The post I posted was info that I read.  I guess there are so many differing opinions with OB/GYN.  That's what is great about these forums.  We can hear moms stories and take encouragment from that rather from the differing medical community that is not always accurate.  I hope that you have a wonderful labor!
I guess everyone is different as far as waiting to conceive again goes.  For me, conceiving right away was the one thing that helped me get over my loss.  Some people aren't mentally ready to try again that soon.  But I really don't think your chances of another miscarriage are any greater (of course, I'm no doctor).  I have two friends who conceived after no more than 1 cycle (1 didn't even have a cycle) and both delivered healthy babies.  I don't know how you've waited a year to try again.  I would be a basket case waiting that long, but that's why I say it's all a personal preference and different women will know when they are ready.  I really hope things work out for you soon.  It tears me up that so many people who try so hard for a baby to love end up having problems....when some people who don't care about babies (and don't care for them when they have them) can easily get pregnant with tons of kids and have no problems whatsoever.  Maybe losing pregnancies is God's way of making sure that we fully appreciate the pregnancy and baby when we do become successful.  Good luck!