Maternal & Child Community
Open Uterus - Negative Pregnancy Test

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Open Uterus - Negative Pregnancy Test

I was 5 days late so I did a pregancy test, it was a negative, I felt I was pregnant so i did another one and a very faint line showed up and i took it that I was pregnant.  Over a 2 day period i took 6 tests - 3 came out positive 3 negative.  I have had two pregancies and the test results were very clear lines, hence so may tests!

Then I started bleeding, not very heavy but enough to concern me. I was told by my doctor that I had suffered a miscarraige (miscarriage) at 6 weeks (I had 2 days of bleeding, one day of spotting then nothing) and told to do a pregancy test after 4 days of non-bleeding and go back to see him.  I did the pregancy test - it was positive, the line was very thin - so for good measure I did another one this morning- this was negative.

I saw my doctor this morning and he told me that I probably had lost my baby, he examined me and said that my uterus was still open implying I could still be pregant - I now have to do a highly sensitive pregnancy test (urine sample) and will get the results in 3 days.  What is a highly sensitive test?  and because my uterus is open could I still be pregnant?

I don't understand what any of this means - I still have a bloated stomach and nausea.
This is odd. I don't know what to tell you. Don't lose hope yet. Please let us know what happens.
Dear Capermom
Thank you for responding to my question.  I will know more on Thursday, when the test results come back and will let you know straight away.
P.S.  I did another HPT this evening and it was negative - I am at that paranoid stage - I can't think of nothing else.  The pregnancy wasn't planned - but it is very much wanted.
The same thing happend to me, I missed my pills, through he pack away, when I test I was nervous but I was disappointed when it was -. Now were trying really hard. Good luck and yes keep us informed.
I just got the reults today - negative. But I still feel pregnant, my stomach has doubled in size since last week and is rock hard and I still have slight nausea. All my family were shocked, as by the look of me and the size of mt stomach they thought I was still.  I am going to go back to the doctors after the weekend, if the symptons persist.

Do you think it is possible to talk yourself in to things?  And are highly senstive doctors tests ever wrong?
im not married nor had tht kind of sex which could cause pregnancy... but doctor said my uteurs is open. wot could be the reason. anyone knows...?? im hving heaving periods..
If your stomach is that big and rock hard, and the test was negative, then it is not due to pregnancy.

You need to go back to your internal medicine doctor and figure out why you have this abnormal bloating and other symptoms.  There are serious illnesses that can present with the same symptoms.  Or something as simple as a cyst, which still needs to be evaluated by a doctor.  
My tubes is tide it's been tied for about a year in a half n I've been feeling very sick like im pregnant n i had to periods in one month so i went to the ER n thy said my uterus is bleeding so i went to the doc n thy did a ultrasound n my uterus is open thy said it shouldn't be open for one my tubes tied for two if your uterus is open where is the baby n my pregnant test r negative idk wants going on neither do thy can anyone help me
Did you find out why?
Im going thru the same thing. Had an exam n dr says mine is opened. I had my daughter 8 months ago.. I have an ultrasound tom. to find out y it is open, im so nervous.. been having pains and weird bleeding...