Maternal & Child Community
Open forum for Thursday

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Open forum for Thursday

~~~ Good Morning Ladies~~~
How is everyone?
Sunny day here, so wash is out on the line!
I need some birthday party ideas Im all out!
July 22 is the date for a 9 yr old girl(will be)
I have done laser bowling, rented the swimming pool, movie theatre, sleigh rides, Mc Donald party (thats kind of neat they get to cook) Harry Potter party......IM all out of ideas!!
Any input would be wonderful ...thanks so much
Tags: maternal
My DS just got invited to a miniature golf party. We have been to an ice cream sundae building party, that was fun and yummy.
Hey! There was no open forum when I started typing-- you guys are quick! Must be on the same wave-length. :)
Okay how do you clean a burnt pot!!
Left it on the stove too long... In between hanging out wash, vacumming, It went dry .. im trying a baking soda paste but that never works
Hi! Here are some sites that offers a few suggestions. Good luck!

http://openforums.titus2.com/module/forums/t/11370/

http://www.pioneerthinking.com/pots&pans.html

http://ww3.komotv.com/global/story.asp?s=1632147&ClientType=Printable

http://boards.hgtv.com/eve/ubb.x/a/tpc/f/4284011632/m/3951064022/r/7081064622
Throw it in the garbage!!!!!!!!!! lol! I have went through more pots. My thing is when we cook fish outside in the fish cooker and I forget about the pot with grease in it and then it rains and that grease sticks to the pot and will not come off for nothing!
Thanks for the pot tips!
I think she is about as clean as it will get....Oh well  a gift for christmas idea...lol..
Throw it in the garbage..that sounds like something i would do!
lol..
And of course it has to be the pot you like the most!!!Now I know im getting old when you have a favourite pot
my ds 8th birthday party was at the roller skating rink the kids had a blast. my dd who is going to be 12 wants her birthday party there as well. hope that helps
I was going to suggest a roller rink party as well.  Also do you think she is too old to want a tea party b-day?????  How does she feel about dressing up in a fancy dress and having her guests do that as well and having a tea party.  I do not know what age that is appropriate for.  I thought about for my DD next b-day having it at the American Girl Store in Chicago.  She got her first doll a couple weeks ago and so I thought that would be cool.  It's a little pricey but so well worth it.  Good Luck

As for the pot thing try soaking it for a couple days and take an SOS pad.  If that does not work toss it girly!!!!!
Okay Ive had it!!
burnt the pot this morning and now broke a crystal candy dish
Glass all over  I hate it when it shatters Im scared for days thinking I missed a piece and someone will step in it.
I swept and swiftered it- sometimes the small pieces stick to something wet...
GO BACK TO BED!!!!!!!!  LOL!!!!!!!!!  You sound like you are having a "not so good" day.  Mine has been ok.  My little man is asleep and has not been to fussy yet today.  It seems to help when I give him cereal or something for breakfast.  I really need to get into a feeding routine.  I used to feed DD 3 or 4 times a day w/baby food and with this one I have become VERY lazy and just nurse.  Well anyway I hope your day gets better.  Good Luck for the rest of the day.
Hey I just came in from cutting wood! Heck who needs men!!
I have been asking dh to cut wood for the campsite for our fires for about 3 weeks now
We have been buying it up there its like 6.oo for about 15 pieces of small wood which burns up in a half and hour.
We have all these 2x6 boards i told him to cut up (like 200 boards) instead of buy it  and you know men NEVER GET TO IT
so i went to his shed got some damn saw off the shelf (He has about 5 or 6 you know they all do something special so you need six) and away i went!! HA
Im sure I looked sexy with sawdust all over me and safety googles on but Hey its done now!!
All in a days work girls.....Thank God for women!!
I agree!  We leave Saturday morning.  So, obviously I will be packing tomorrow night.  We have to take our dog to stay with my parents and of course I will take the baby.  I cant go to their house without him!!  Anyway, my point is this:  Dh has a friend who is 35 and has no life.  He constantly wants DH to come "watch the game" or something.  DH usually says no b/c he works all day and night is the only time he gets to see the baby.  Well, his friend called last night and he and another friend (that DH designed a webpage for his restaurant) are coming over to "cook us dinner" to repay DH.  WHAT!  If you want to repay him, write him a check or some cash would be nice.  Dont come to my house to repay me by messing up my kitchen and staying late on a night I have things to do.  What the hell!  DH just thinks he is being nice, go figure.  The thing is his friend, the one with no life, always comes over and ends up drinking too much (even when DH is not drinking) and I get up the next morning and he is on my couch.  UGH!  Venting once again ladies.
Sounds like my place..
Dh has a shed and I swear its the meeting place for his friends to come and drink..Well I know my husband likes a beer too  BUT
enough!!  They are just starting to open the fridge and help themselves..Beer aint cheap!!
Last night my two older girls put up a sign open...and a price list 2.00 beer and stood there to collect!!! (get their smarts from their mother..lol) Some gave a bit  like a dollar or 50 cents  because they thought the kids were kidding BUT i wasnt Moochers!  I went out and turned the sign to CLOSED...
There always is one friend with NO life.. Hmmmm I wonder why they have NO LIFE  cause no one wants to put up with them!!
And of course I always have to be the bad guy...and look like the B**** Oh well I can take that roll..after all arent we all...lol...so they think
I do not have a girl, but I threw a really cool Spy Party for my son's 7th birthday this year. If you think she would be interested in that, I can provide details.  Our friend, for his 10 yr old daughter this year did a limo ride to the movies and the mall - she loved it.  Another friend just had a Hawaiian Luau party for her daughter who just turned 11 by the pool in the evening.  She did tiki lights, leis, grass skirts etc.  Just a few ideas.  If you need details on any, just let me know and I will find out for you.  Good luck.
I have the roll as the *****, but I dont care.  His friends that I like dont think I am because they give me no reason to act like one.  But this guy even came over and got so drug that he relieved himself in the bathroom, but missed the toilet and hit the wall and dropped his cell phone in the toilet.  He spent the night again that night and it was my baby shower weekend and DH's family was in town.  How embarassing!  I had already prepared them for this guy, and he lived up to the rep.  It was very hilarious!  I just wish that would have made him realize he has issues.  He has been married but is divorced.....hmmm, wonder why!