Maternal & Child Community
Ovarian cyst

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Ovarian cyst

does any body know what happens if a cyst pops? I have a big cyst on my ovarie and now Iam bleeding dry blood, but really light only when I wipe. I havent had my period since feb. the dr. put me on this pill Provera but I still havent stared a period just this light bleeding brown blood the dr. also told me that it should get rid of the cyst but I dont know if its still there. I have the cramps like a period but not a real period. Iam not pregnant so I dont know. Please help.
My only symptom when a cyst popped was the relief from pain.  But it is also possible that there could be some fluid finding its way down the tube and out.  I think putting someone on the pill is designed to gradually reduce the cyst, not pop it, but I might be wrong.
When mine ruptured I had the worst pain ever for about 8 hrs and then the pain slowly went away. Mine were fluid filled so it may be different, I would have pain everytime they leaked. Mine turned into endometriosis.
I have one to that I think is fluid to but Iam afraid that if mine shoud ever pop that it will damage my ovarie. but mine has been there for 5 yrs
I had one like 91004.  It was an endo cyst that took over my life for about a year!  Basicallly every time I had my period (every month) it grew, since it was part of my endometrium.  I had it leak a few times & it HURT HURT!!!!  SOOOOOOOO bad!!!!  Took me to the ER 2x's.  They thought it was my apendix, until the US showed the cyst, which I would tell them thats what it was!
I doubt you have a cyst, only cuz I really think you would KNOW!  I'm serious, I would rather be in labor w/no meds than have that horrible pain.  & mine never ruptured, just twisted my ovary & tube & bled...that was enough for me!
I finally had lap. surgery & got it removed ;)  The only bummer is they had to remove my left ovary & tube too, cuz it got so big it sorta took over!

Go to your Dr & get it checked out, just so you know what your dealing with.  Maybe its nothing!
Good luck!!!
I had a cyst on my left ovary that caused me pain, I would also feel it when i move around especially when i bd. When it ruptured it caused fluid in my uterus. The fluid in my uterus also caused pain. I had this happen to me a few times, the second time it caused me to bleed 2 weeks after i had already had my menses so i knew something was wrong, and indeed i had another ruptured cyst with fluid in my uterus that the dr told me there was nothing they could do about it I just had to wait it out and let my body absorb it.