Maternal & Child Community
Ovulation temperatures

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Ovulation temperatures

hello everyone... this may seem like a silly question, but does your temperature drop just before you ovulate? or does it drop when you are ovulating.. I did an OPK and the surge line was very faint, but my temperature dropped .4 degrees this morning so I'm wondering if my DH and I should bd tonight or tomorrow night for our best chances. I know you should bd every other day and I just want to have the best chance.  I'm now on cd10.  Thanks for your help.
Avatar n tn
Your temp drops right before you will ovulate.  From what I have heard, it may be a good idea to BD tonight and tomorrow night.  I read somewhere (a baby formula) that once you get a positive o-test, then you should BD the next 2-3 nights for success.  That is what my dh and I did!
Good Luck!
Avatar n tn
From all the  text I have read, your temperature drops just before ovulation , and rises immediateltely after. I would BD the day I notice the drop and the day after. Good Luck.