Maternal & Child Community
Ovulation/AF after Breastfeeding

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Ovulation/AF after Breastfeeding

hEY gUYS, I posted this in someones elses post but got no response. (Serves me right huh?)i finally quite nursing two weeks and some days ago (i have been nursing for 2 years and 4 months) in order for my AF to return. i was wondering from anyone of u guys past exp or knowledge, about how soon does ur AF return after quiting nursing. i was told that some get it while nursing and some have to completey quite in order for it to return, unfortunately iam in the group that needs to completely quite lol (i havent had a normal period in 3 years, i only get it when iam on the pill,and thats just withdrawal bleeding, i dont get af's on my own) well i was also wondering would the egg come first or my AF, we are hoping to get pregnant now but iam wondering if i have to wait for AF to return first. i have heard some women manage to get preggy before af returns after nursing,but not sure how true it is. any one have any idea when i should expect AF. any help would be great.
I got AF 3 months after my daughter was born, and it continued while i was breastfeeding. I got pregnant with my second while i was still nursing, but sometimes while your nursing you may sometimes ovulate late. My daughter is now 10 months old, and this little one is due May 7. We weren't planning this pregnancy, but are still very happy about it they will just be close in age. Both my SIL's didn't get AF until after they stopped nursing, and i think it took them about a months after they stopped to get it.
yes so i heard as well, it would take a month. unfortunately i didnt get mine during nursing. but now that i know for sure i had to stop nursing to get AF, and by ur SIL'S exp i guess i might have to wait a month as well (although all women are diff but it at least gives me and indea lol) but what i want to know is will my body realease that first egg first, or will AF come first then the egg, am thinking the egg but not sure. thanx alot for your advice.
Both my SIL's nursed for i think a little over a year it think.
oh yes it does, i figured that, not to sound like i am clueless on these stuff, am usually pretty good at knowing but i have been hearing so many things lately i am becoming confused. i mean i know how reproduction in the female body works and all but as far as my AF returning i was pretty confused. okay great well then i guess i can get preggo before AF returns, but i think i am gonna wait until it does before i ttc so i can know when to test and when i should ovulate and all that stuff. being that i have been nursing for so long i hope it doesnt mean that AF might take longer to come than if i was nursing shorter. How long did your SIL'S nurse before she stopped. thanx alot for your help. xxx
The egg would have to come first in order to get AF, cause then if it doesn't get fertilized you would get AF. Des that help at all?
Thank you for your help again, i would assume it would take me a lil over a month to two months before it comes, if it reaches 3 then i will ask about Provera, even though i know nothing about it other than it making your menses come. Thank you again.