Maternal & Child Community
Ovulation after Miscarriage

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Viewing 201-207 comments:
I miscarried this week at 5 weeks and my doctor told us to just have fun and he hopes to see us before the new year with a happy healthy pregnancy. I will be monitored more close in the next pregnancy but all in all we have been given the blessing to go forward. My miscarriage did not require a D&C and was similar to yours in the sense that it was just like a normal period with cramps (I dont usually get cramps).
I just thought I'd let u know my story.  I m/c @ 10 weeks in December of 2009 (blighted ovum), had a D&C.  Didn't get pregnant again until Oct 2010 (approx 10 months later) and just had to have another D&C Nov 17 (heartbeat stopped).  I know if u miscarry naturally u usually have no reason to wait (medically), but if u have a D&C you DO need to let that lining build back up (usually 1 month).  To the people who keep saying u should wait 3 or more months, ur crazy!  That's the time when ur most fertile! You can miscarry at any time, I waited over 9 months and still m/c.  I say wait at least one month if u had a D&C, and then go for it!!  Good luck to all!
wow, it really helps to read this stuff.

i'm an ancient 44-almost-45. only realized i really want kids late last year, and only got serious about it this june. i know, i know.

in june, realized my taking lots of advil (i have severe chronic pain after neck surgery 2 years ago, at least no longer on opiates!) was probably screwing with my ovulation even though my periods were spot-on normal/regular. cut out advil, have been on folic acid/prenatal vitamins for about a year now.

in july we missed ovulation days cuz he was travelling for business. in august, we did hit the right dates. in september, we were probably a day early due again to his travel cycle. (i've been doing ovulation prediction, bt and cm since may). in october, we hit the dates exactly right and repeated performance "correctly", but he was on levaquin for a bad chest cold, and we think that might've reduced his sperm count.

in november, we hit the date exactly right, 11/14. i should've had my period on 11/25, and did not. waited, extra thankful this thanksgiving...ran out on 11/28 and tested even though it was 8pm and the result was PREGNANT! haven't been so happy since...ever!

we had breakfast the next morning, and then i called my doc, who got me into the office at 4pm that afternoon. the office made me repeat the urine test, and they did it twice...it was negative. drew blood for betaHCG. called me the next morning, the blood result was negative too. as was my repeat home urine test. sad sad sad.

no pain, no nothing. felt like totally normal period by 12/2. (my doc said if i didn't have a period by 2 weeks later, i should come in for re-test, but period came just 3 days later.)

watching for all the signs and symptoms of ovulation again, so ready to try again. i know i don't have hardly any time left, and want so very badly to succeed!

thanks for the good thoughts of this community, it really helps to know that others go through this stuff. i also enjoyed reading that perhaps one is more fertile just after a m/c! (although i can't figure out why that might be.)
Hi Everyone,

Just thought I would update and give a little inspiration...I just turned 40. I have one son 2 years old. I had a mc with d&C before him and one just in February 2010. We had to wait a few months unfortunately to get started again. Then I found out I had hypothyroidism. Not a problem, fixed it now but did hear this is probably why I miscarried the last time. I am now 10 weeks pregnant with twins! I am very excited, but very nervous. I heard both little heartbeats at 8 weeks and know this will be a good pregnancy but am still scared. Mostly because they say I am high risk because of the miscarriages, being 40 and having twins. I do the blood work and ultrasound for first trimester screening in 2 weeks. I am praying and hope everyone else will that my babies are healthy. There is hope for everyone out there...do  know that when trying when you are older there is that chance of twins...we never thought it would happen to us, but it did and it doesn't run in the family. Best of luck to everyone!
started miscarrying yesterday at 4.5 weeks.  when the bleeding started to happen i did not get any cramping.  then late last night mild cramping began, but had already been told by ER dr. that my levels were below 5. i am still bleeding, but feeling very nausteous and mild cramping still.  i feel like i want to throw up.  is it normal to feel sick to your stomach at this time?
we already have 4 wonderful children.  so i feel very blessed with them, but another child would have been welcome.

thank you for any insight you can give.
This site has really helped me, I miscarried last Thursday at almost 5 weeks, I was at work and was distraught. My fiance has also found this really hard to come to terms with but has been my rock and I don't think I could have got through without him.  We were so over the moon that we were pregnant and hadn't been trying for too long, to have it ripped away from us has been literally heartbreaking.  But, a lot of your comments on here are positive, there is still hope and we have proved that its all in working order.  I'm fighting with myself at the moment whether to start trying again straight away, my heart wants to but the advice as to when you should try again is confusing.  Every day gets easier and I think we will take it as it comes, what will be will be.  Good luck to you all x
I too have went through two miscarriages. First was last May and then again this January (took 7 months to get pregnant again). In the first one I had no symptoms at all I went for my first u/s and I was supposed to be 11 weeks- showing 7.  I ended up getting a D&C, after two sets of pills (self inserted) that didn't work, however, caused severe pain and cramping.  For all of you debating D&C or those pills (sorry don't remember the name) go for the D&C, it is much quicker and less painful.

My doctor also said to wait 3 months, however, I feel the couple will "know" when its time. The important part is that you are emotionally ready. I still had break-downs here and there 6 months later, however, I was ready.

I am now waiting for this miscarriage to end, and once again I am devastated but I know in due time our baby will come and I will finally get to see my husband hold his baby- and that's giving me the strength needed to get through each day!

Good luck to you all, I will try to post back as to when my next period comes or if I ovulate in between!
I thought I'd update with a happy note for all of you to see there is hope. I had two miscarriages, 1 healthy baby boy that is 2 and am now 40 and 4 1/2 months pregnant with identical twin baby girls. They are perfect right now and everyday I pray that they will come to me healthy so I can tell them how special they are to me. Each miscarriage for me was heartbreaking but this last one especially because I was 39 and worried about my age. Then found out I had hypothyroidism and the dr said I had a few concerns on my side; age, miscarriages, thyroid, identical twins...you name it. I feel that these babies were a gift back to me for the sadness I had to endure. There is hope for everyone...it's never over and your never too old. Good luck!
I hate I can relate to those on here. Its sad..We lost our baby 2 weeks ago (feb 6,11). I was 16 weeks prego. TOld it was a molar pregnancy. Very unlikly and yet no concern for it happening again. This was our 3 boy. We tried as soon as my hubby got back from Iraq. We actually went in for a 3D ultrasound to find out the sex before we started buying things with tax money...and there was no heart beat. Its every womans worst fear. There was nothing wrong with the first US on Jan 6, he was moving, kicking, and perfect. I had completly healthy and good pregnancies with my last 2. MY eldest is 7, was 10lbs 1oz, and my lil one is 14 months and 8lbs even. So this was like WTF?! The dr planned a DnC which devostated us, but thankfully, we actually passed him hours before the planned surgery! We were able to see him, and take pictures. We got him cremated so he can always be part of the family. He now sits on top of the fire place, in his little heart shapped Urn. It KILLS me...it may get easier to not think about 100% of the time, however when it is thought of or brought up...the pain is just as crushing! We miss you sweetpea...

We want to try asap. Dr said 6 months..but I wanna see why, and if we can sooner. My hubby leaves for Afgan this summer so 6 months would be to late. We actually havent been using anything the past few times. We figured we'd leave it up to God, since really...he calls the shots. Gotta have faith. Good luck all...and find that inner strength from your angel baby!!!
Well I m/c I'm guessing about 5 1/2-6 weeks day b4 thanksgiving but not knowing. I actually found out Jan 5, 2011 when the doctor called me with the blood result sayin my HCG levels had continued drop. My body didn't really push anything out so I was giving 6 little pills @ the ER on Jan 18 & again on the 27th cuz It didn't really work completely.(Omg talk about y me)...2 b honest we started tryin again rite away but I'm scared cuz b4 my pregnancy test r still positive becuz my levels were never @ 0 b4 we started back. So I don't know how 2 feel
@ my next doctor visit becuz of my levels never being @ 0. So I'm hoping for good news & good health.
I have a 6 month old perfectly healthy baby girl! She was born August 23rd.  4 months later my husband and I conceived again on December 27th. On Monday, February 21st I had a quick set of cramping and began bleeding. I freaked out(my 1st pregnancy never bled, no morning sickness, no nothing) and called my doctor.  Had an ultrasound on Tuesday morning and baby was measuring at 6weeks and 2 days and had heartbeat of 72bmp. According to my schedule and cycles I was supposed to be 8weeks and 4 days. And I knew from personal knowledge that the babys heartbeat should have been well over 100bpm. The doc didn't seem that concerned and said i "probably ovulated later than I thought."  Bull Crap!  I know my body and I wrote down when I ovulated. We went home and I rested. The bleeding continued to get heavier and the pain/cramps got extremely painful. Went into the clinic again on Friday, February 25th and baby was measuring 6weeks and no heartbeat. We decided to do a natural miscarriage.  Saturday was the most horrific experience ever! I woke up suddenly with gushes of blood everywhere. I went into the shower and sat for two hours as I wept with each passing egg-sized clot. After about 6 hours of extreme pain, bleeding, and passing 4 huge clots/tissue and what I thought was the baby, everything subsided.  The pain was gone, the cramps were gone, and the blood became less heavy. My husband and I needed to get out of the house, so we went to a restaurant.  In the parking lot on the way to the restaurant, I felt something fall out of me....again. I ran to the bathroom as quick as I could. It was the little baby in the placenta. It had a little head and body and was covered with the placenta. I sat in the bathroom of the restaurant sobbing for thirty minutes just staring at what was supposed to be my little miracle. Just when i thought everything was over that morning, it all started over again.           Ladies! Your babies are not dead! They are all alive and well in the arms of Jesus! Even though you cannot hold your little babies in your arms now, you will hold them in heaven!!  My faith in God, friends and family have/are continuing to help me through this crisis. Every day gets a little better. Just think: our babies were too beautiful for earth so they are angels in Heaven! My husband and I are going to continue trying to have another little brother or sister for our little girl so our family is complete. There is a reason for everything! Have faith in God.
hi girls i am 26 and never had a child (yet) about 5 weeks ago i found out i was pregnant and 3 days later i had a miscarrage (miscarriage).and no d&c i went to the hospital and my cervix was still closed but i did miscarry. my problem is i dnt know how far along i was. i hadnt had a period sence august of 2010 i did spot in dec. for 1 day thats it. its been 5 weeks sence i lost the baby and i was told by my gyno. that i can start trying right away and to take folic acid and prenatal vitamins to help it along. i took a test the other day and it showed a funny looking positive and the same a day before yesterday i have tryed feeling my cervix to see if it was open or closed and its closed. so maybe i am pregnant agian. well i wish everyone luck. oh yea i havent had a period sence i miscarried eather.good luck girls.
I want to thank you all for sharing your stories. After reading each one I could feel the pain and heartbreak and realized I was not alone.  I admired your strong attitudes and strive to be more like that. Hopefully I will gain a little more after sharing my story. After only a couple months of trying and each month still getting my menstrual cycle my husband and I decided that maybe this was not our time and we’d hold off a little longer to start are family. Then a week before my birthday in January 2011 I was at the mall and felt this horrific pain in my lower abdomen, it came out of nowhere. The pain did not go away and I immediately went home where I called my husband, whom at the time was out of town and told him what had happened and that I was also bleeding quite heavily. Bleeding between periods had never happened to me before and this amount of blood and degree of pain was not consistent with my menstrual cycle whatsoever. Extremely worried I called my gynecologist whom asked me if I could be pregnant, I told her no after all I just had my period only 2 weeks prior and they were “regular” every month before that as well. She told me that she thought I could possibly have a cyst on my ovary and scheduled me to come in the following morning unless of course the pain increased to go to the emergency room. As I sat at home I began to think to myself that some women in fact have their menstrual cycle the first few months of pregnancy but in the back of my mind I didn’t even consider me being pregnant to be a possibility, it was more of process of elimination I suppose. I went to the drug store and purchased two at home pregnancy test, luckily, because the first one didn’t even work! The second one however immediately came up positive. All of a sudden I got this terrible feeling of something wrong. I was a nervous wreck as I walked into the ER and after hours and numerous tests I was told I was in fact having a miscarriage. I couldn’t believe it, to find out only a few hours prior that I was pregnant (9 weeks) and now being told that it is being taken from me? To say the least I was an emotional wreck. I didn’t understand why this was happening, I mean I did everything right. It’s been a month a half since the miscarriage and I’ve had to do follow up appointments (Monitor my levels going down and so forth) and it’s still hard for me to see other woman pregnant. Not to mention it seems like every one of my friends are just finding out they are having a baby. I’m very happy and thrilled for each of them but at the same time I can’t help but feel a little bit envious and even a tad jealous because I wanted that so badly to be me.
I am sorry you had to go through not knowing you were expecting and then mc at 9 weeks. My husband and I were trying for a 2nd child and I also had severe cramps and then bleeding.  April 5th 2011 we mc and today april 15th we had sex with no protection.Went to the ER and found that the baby had no heartbeat. The 1st ultasound at 7 weeks showed a heart beat. I was devastated to know that the baby I carried for 12 weeks was no longer living inside me. That I was no longer going to be pregnant. Your story is inspiring to me. I also feel very sad to see and hear about others being prego. The Dr. says wait 1 month after my period and try again if we want. We have never used protection and dont plan to. If it is God's will he will give us another child. My body feels healed and we are both going to counseling. I would love to get pregnant again and hope to soon. God bless.
I was 10 weeks when I began miscarrying on March 19th, 2011. According to an u/s, the baby had died in the 6-7 week area and it took 3-4 weeks for the bleeding to start. it started as dark brown streaks and quickly turned to very large clots. The midwives said I would miscarry naturally. On April 3rd, I went to the ER with heavy bleeding that nearly made me pass out, along with so many large fist sized clots, they thought I was going to need a transfusion. They ran all sorts of tests, gave me fluid and determined no transfusion was necessary (thank god! - I had 5 with my C-section and then was on iron pills for 2 months. A total pain!) I went home with a round of cytotec to induce expulsion, but all it did was slow my bleeding. A week later, it happened again and we went back to the ER. This time they decided I was getting towards the end of things as my Hcg was going down rapidly. Midwives and Drs. still thought a natural miscarriage was in the works, so no D&C. I *JUST* stopped bleeding last weekend (April 30, 2011). I am still getting little bits of blood and some tan blood when I wipe in the morning, and still wearing a pad, but, it looks like I'm finally done. I never did have ANY cramping with this miscarriage. I have a healthy 16 month old son, and had a big ER bleed with him when I was 6 weeks along. I do not know if it's just the way my uterus works, or if both things have been total flukes... Regardless, we would like to try again as soon as possible. I don't know when I will ovulate, and I'm not going to keep track. I'm just going to wing it. No pressure. I know I can get pregnant, so I think I'm just going to see how long it takes. My only wonder is - should I treat the extra long bleeding as just a drawn-out miscarriage, or was there possibly a period at the end of that? I am not sure how this all works. They said to wait one full cycle, but, what's the point of buying a box of condoms for a month, or not having any sex until after my next period? Besides, the thought of waiting to start bleeding again makes me angry all over again. How long do you think it will take? Does miscarriage do anything wacky to your body? Does it matter, really, if we wait a cycle or start now? Will my ovulation be the same pattern as it was before and after my son's birth? My son was conceived after 2 months of trying, and the last pregnancy took place after 2 weeks of trying. We are pretty fertile, it seems.
I Have had 3 miscarriages very devasted the first sept 2009 about 8weeks very painful bleed about 2weeks with no d/c the second was oct 2010 about 4weeks bleed for about a week wiith no  pain the 3 may 2011  5weeks some pain bleed about a week in half and doing those times when i got pregnant it will be just before me and my partner gets back together so i will say im very fertile it actually doesnt takes me long to get pregnant its just that i cant seem to carrie my pregnancy long enough to birth which makes me very sad and think will i be able to have kids my last m/c was a month ago and i have been getting it on since to hope to concieve (conceive) again and soon as possible but i am not seeing a doctor h says wait intil they ran testing to figure out why i always m/c but i have already been trying since! so idnt know if i should stop right away or just continue but i do not wanna m/c again.....and i am 20 i had my first m/c since then and every since it seems i get pregnant every year or atleast every 6months without trying.....so what are my chances of becoming pregnant and actually holding it till birth! with asthma that i have? can anyone relate to this and give me answer.....THANK YOU
hi, firstly would like to say sorry for ur loss i know how u feel as ive jus miscarried at 6wks also, had light bleeding to spotting so went to dr's & had some HCG tests done one was high & 2nd test had dropped so far :(( but didnt know i had miscarried at first til i got the results when dr told me he said i think u have miscarried but couldnt properly tell me & said come back in 2wks??? so confused wit his answer so if i get my period back in 2wks i wil try & get pregnant again wit my bf, i am 32yrs
I was 7 wks when I begun to have a brownish discharge. I knew something wasn't right and went to the hospital straight away. They said that there was nothing they could do if I were to mc but it was normal to have some sort of discharge early in preg but as the day went on they brown turned pinker and demanded a scan which my local gp organized straight away. I then found my baby had no heartbeat (even though everything was perfectly fine 5 days earlier at my very first scan) I am devastated and so very sad. This was my first preg with my partner. Now I am worried I'll never get another chance. I fell in love with the idea of being preg so I'm hoping I can fall preg very soon. I am bleeding like a normal period although I know my little baby isn't alive and will pass through is disturbing and utterly devastating. I just wish I wasn't apart of the statistic but it helps to know I'm not alone. Worst part was telling my family and close friends, who were so very excited at the preg, that I had lost it. this world can be such a cruel place.
I recently miscarried.  It was the worst timing in the world.  I started bleeding as I was throwing my sister a baby shower.  She is a doctor, and told me not to worry, but I went to the OBGYN the next day, did a scan and saw nothing more than the previous time, checked my blood, and came out low on progesterone.  It was the hardest thing I've ever been through.  I took the pill the following saturday to get it over and done with--that was the day before my sister's second baby shower.  the next day, still bleeding, i went to her second baby shower.  other pregnant women were there.  i cannot explain how horrible i felt--how cheated by life, and the self-doubt and loathing.  but i am trying to find comfort in the thought that everything happens for a reason, and that this was just a one-off situation.  i think this happens to so many women--many who don't ever talk about it--and we cannot single ourselves out.  my husband and i are now just living our lives, loving each other, and doing things as we would do normally--we're not giving this time a label--like trying or not trying--and just letting nature, and my body, take their course.  i hope one day we'll all find peace with this and ourselves, and go on to have lovely families.
i had a m/c when i was like 1 week same week i found out i was prego i had a m/c. i got sad but i finish my first period n abt to start trying again. good luck
just had miscarriage this week...should have been 7 weeks pregnant but HCG levels were very low...therefore the miscarriage.  Thankfully we never did see a hearbeat or anything like that.  The scan actually didn't show anything at all...all those yucky symptoms for nothing....we are trying to see it as a blessing in discuise and better at the 7 weeks than much later on.  Still very tough to get thru and the cramping and emotional rollercoaster is rotten.  Will just have to be patient now for bleeding to stop and ovulation to start(which can be days from miscarriage from what I have read)  If it weren't for tough women like all of us there wouldn't be any happy beautiful babies in this world with mommies who would do anything to bring them here...one day at a time ladies
I was almost 7 wks by LMP (first pregnancy and waited for for a long time, as I'm in my late 30's and been married for 11 years) when I started to have continuous slight lower abdominal pain and dark brown discharge. I thought that was just normal and ordinary. (I had an U/S 3 days prior [09.24.2011], and revealed 4 wks 2 days gestational sac, no heartbeat was appreciated "yet", and the sac was located in the middle upper of the uterus. In short, it was read as bleeding became heavier, thick, and dark, dark red in color.  I couldn't normal. I was happy!) So, the pain that night became a great deal and sleep and couldn't find a comfortable position whether to sit or to lie, other than standing still leaning.We went to the ER the following morning, sent to DR to be examined, and they found out I was bleeding inside with lots of big clots and fresh blood. They did an U/S again and revealed more clots inside and the sac has descended. The doctor said to hope for a chance because the sac was still there; but if it won't be viable, I'll treat it as a regular menses as it will expell what's left inside (natural miscarriage). They sent me home after, No other tests done or advice given. I have to wait a week or 2 to undergo another U/S to make sure there's nothing left inside. I was told that my menses will get back to normal after a month or a month and a half.  It's has been almost 3 days now, I'm still having mild to moderate intermittent pain and bleeding of minimal to quite heavy. Yesterday, I noticed a thin strip of meat-like matter with fresh and small clots of blood after I urinated; and as of tonight as I'm writing this, I had it again twice. This time, much bigger strips. I'm still having pain. I'm planning to switch and consult another OB/GYN, as I am not confident with my current. I need to know if I need to be D&C'd or if there are tests/examinations to be done. I need to get ready for my next pregnancy if ever.
EDITED: sorry something went wrong up there.

I was almost 7 wks by LMP (first pregnancy and waited for for a long time, as I'm in my late 30's and been married for 11 years) when I started to have continuous slight lower abdominal pain and dark brown discharge. I thought that was just normal and ordinary. (I had an U/S 3 days prior [09.24.2011], and revealed 4 wks 2 days gestational sac, no heartbeat was appreciated "yet", and the sac was located in the middle upper of the uterus. In short, it was read as normal.I was happy!) So, the pain that night became a great deal and sleep and couldn't find a comfortable position whether to sit or to lie, other than standing still leaning. The bleeding became heavier, thick, and dark, dark red in color.  We went to the ER the following morning, sent to DR to be examined, and they found out I was bleeding inside with lots of big clots and fresh blood. They did an U/S again and revealed more clots inside and the sac has descended. The doctor said to hope for a chance because the sac was still there; but if it won't be viable, I'll treat it as a regular menses as it will expell what's left inside (natural miscarriage). They sent me home after, No other tests done or advice given. I have to wait a week or 2 to undergo another U/S to make sure there's nothing left inside. I was told that my menses will get back to normal after a month or a month and a half.  It's has been almost 3 days now, I'm still having mild to moderate intermittent pain and bleeding of minimal to quite heavy. Yesterday, I noticed a thin strip of meat-like matter with fresh and small clots of blood after I urinated; and as of tonight as I'm writing this, I had it again twice. This time, much bigger strips. I'm still having pain. I'm planning to switch and consult another OB/GYN, as I am not confident with my current. I need to know if I need to be D&C'd or if there are tests/examinations to be done. I need to get ready for my next pregnancy if ever.
I had a blighted ovum (empty sack) last year in June 2010. I was 9 weeks when we found out...had a DC.
We started trying after 1 cycle but didnt get pregnant till December 2010...that lasted 9 weeks also but the fetus didn't grow past 6 weeks....That DC was in February 2011....then got pregnant 3 months later in May 2011. There was a baby...12 week scan was perfect...and then BAM!! at the 19 week ultrasound found our baby boy had spina bifida and fluid in the brain. so I had to give birth to him just 2 weeks ago. I've been checking my hcg with pregnancy tests and just today they came back negative, so hopefully i'll get my period and then start trying again. I am very sad this happened but I know we can conceive, and it's just a matter of getting the right time for the baby that we are meant to have :) I'm a very positive person, so i'm going to keep trying till I get myself a baby!!!
Hi. My bleeding had stopped more than a week ago, no more cramping or pain. I already found an OB doctor whom I am more confident consulting with and whom I feel I can ask anything about pregnancy, who advises me/informs me everything I need to know about, and who is not dismissive; who has passion and compassion for her profession and for her clients, which I think are very important between doctor-client relation.

My doctor recommend a hematology study at my first visit for I looked quite pale she said. So, I went for a lab drawn right 3 days after.

Oct. 7, 2011, I went to her again for my hematology reading which revealed a slight abnormal result. I am quite anemic...(and underweight when she checked on me). She prescribed iron supplement and healthy foods, as in healthy foods; and also recommended an ultrasound.

Last Sunday (Oct.9, 2011),  I started  to feel feverish and having some right-sided low abdominal pain which I think I am ovulating for I noticed some sticky egg white-like discharge on my panty sheilds, or when I urinate and wipe.  But then, I know we can't try it this time because my doctor said we have to wait "at least" one cycle after my miscarriage. It's fine...  :).

Today (Oct. 11, 2011), I am going to have a trans-V U/S so my doctor can check if anything has left inside; and if so, I have to undergo D&C... but I am praying and hoping there's no need for the procedure as I feel it all came out!...Please, Lord...

Til nex time...Have a good day! everyone!
hi i was in the same boat also had a miscarrage (miscarriage) at around 5wk 5days on the 7th oct  but im now testing neg 9 days later is this normal ? can anyone help with this is it normal or shud it be postive still ? as iv hear orbeen told so many dif things that it will be neg and of others that theres wa pos for weeks arrrrr help
I m/c 9-4-11 I was 22wks 6days and it was a lil boy which we named matthew, he was still born. Do to a compromised cervics. I guess my question is when is it okay to get preagnant agein. We would really like to try agein in about 3-4 months...anyone with advice please comment back...
Minxy332, I miscarried 10-29, Went to the doctor on 10-31, He said that as soon and my levels were all back to 0 and I showed a negative test, everything was good to go and I could try again. Hope Everything works out for you!
I am sorry for all yals loss.. :( I had a m/c about three weeks ago I was 6 weeks i was heart broken at first bc I really wanted a baby...... But everything is fine and I want to try again badly but I dont know how long after a m/c I can, I forgot to ask my doctor lol that wasnt the first on my mind... I hope yall alll the best as to myself !!!!!!!
We had a sono Monday and learned that there may be something abnormal.  She saw fluid on my fillopian tube but also saw somthing in my uterus.  I measured about 5 weeks.  Tuesday we learned that my hcg levels were very low but still had hope that I was just very early in the pregnancy.  Wednesday morning I started bleeding and cramping and knew that I was losing the this baby as I have had 2 miscarriages in the past.  I learned Thursday that my levels had dropped even lower conferming the miscarriage which I will pass naturally.  My husband and I are so devistated as well as my 10 yr old daughter.  We just got married and we are still young but I would like to have our next baby very soon because my daughter is not getting any younger.  The nurse said that we can start trying again as soon as the bleeding stops which I would love to do but we will try to wait until I visit the doctor in Nov the 21st for a check up just to make sure that there is nothing we can do to prevent another miscarriage.    I am so scared that the miscarriage was caused by my past history with pregnancies and other unhealthy choices I have made.  I will surely be praying for all of you...though heart broken and scared we are very hopful that we will get a healthy baby at the perfect time!  Love to all!!
I had a mc about 2 wks ago I was around 5 wks all natural no D&C bleed for 8 days then the following week that Sunday we started trying again. Idk if I'm am or not but my fingers are crossed! I had an ectopic back in June which needed surgery then 3m later found out I was pregnant again just to miscarry it was very sad for me and my husband but we want a baby so bad so we're gonna keep trying ;) baby dust to everyone!
Stay positive, Smiles! I know it's not always easy to smile when things aren't going your way. I've had 2 miscarriages in the past 3 months, one in mid Sept. at 7 weeks and one at the end of Oct. at 4 weeks. I got pregnant the second time the first ovulation after the miscarriage, I ovulated exactly 4 weeks after I started bleeding, and if it's 4 weeks this time again, that'll be this weekend. My husband and I decided that we will wait until January to try again, but I'm wondering if we even need to wait. I didn't need a D/C for either. Hopefully the 3rd one sticks for you and me both Smiles77! :)
Well they say 3rd times the charm ;) so fingers crossed! I've been having cramping feel, nasisated, and tird but my mind could be playing tricks on me! I'm trying not to think about it but it's hard ya no!
I had a miscarriage at 3 1/2 weeks back in Aug. 2009. Bleed a few days, lighter than a normal period. Got pregnant the next month with a healthy baby boy. I never got a period after my miscarriage. Good luck getting pregnant again. Sorry for your losses. It will happen before you know it.
I was told that the risk will be there whether you wait or not!! I had my third m/c on 12/4 and my husband and I were told to wait a few months before we tried again...which is not what I wanted to hear! We both think that I might be pregnant again, not even a full month later. God knows what's best for us...as he knows what's best for you all!!! Good luck to all of you, stay strong, and Happy new year!!!!
I've been sifting these sites for a long time hoping I could eventually add some good news but unfortunately I cannot. I had a m/c on October 1st at 6 weeks and my OB told me I could start trying immediately, which we did. I had my next period 46 days later. I tried again using OVK, but got my period 38 days later, ovulating on day 25. I then ovulated on day 11, which is extremely odd or me, and I tested at 14dpo with a negative. I'm wondering if I'm actually ovulating or if the OVKs are wrong. I'm 25, very healthy, with what used to be a very reliable 28/29 day cycle. We have been trying for 7 months now. I just don't know what to do- would it be too early for me to speak to a doctor?
I do not think you should try to conceive yet. It is better to wait until you've had a period. I just experienced two miscarriages in a row, and I worry that it was because we didn't wait.
I know your post is years old, but I was so touched by your story after experiencing a miscarriage this week myself, but with the belief that God is in control and I will have another chance..... So just wanted to find out what happened to you and if you and your DH went on to have a baby or perhaps even twins? :)  Blessings to you!
I received an update on this site and looked back to the last time I posted. With happiness and sadness I looked at my post. It was in Feb 2011, when I was 5 months pregnant with identical twin girls after 2 miscarriages and 1 healthy boy. I was so happy (Although very nervous) to be having 2 little girls to add to our family. 1 month later I began having lots of pain. Long story short I found out I had Twin-Twin transfusion. My girls were in critical condition. On March 22 my husband and I went to the Childrens Hospital of Philadelphia to hopefully have a procedure called laser ablation. They said we were a 5 on a 6 scale, 6 meaning we would lose both babies. They did the procedure that night at 5pm. There was a chance I would lose 1 or both but if I did nothing I would lose both probably within days. The next morning, my 1 little girl died. I still remember that feeling, I wish I would have died. If it wasn't for that dr who told me I had to fight every moment of this pregnancy to keep my other baby alive, I probably would have lost her. I was on strict bedrest for a week and then resting for the rest of my pregnancy. They gave her a fair chance of living through this with a most definite chance of needing heart surgery right after and having to deliver in Philly. To fast forward through this long painful story, Aimee Grace came 2 weeks early and is perfect. She is now 7 months and in perfect health. She needed no surgery. I do believe that without her sister passing, we would have lost both and I am sure it would have been even harder to deal with. I will never forget my little girl, but know she gave her life for my little Aimee. It is very close to the time when this all happened 1 year ago. I hope some day the pain will subside and I can just look at my family with happiness. I wish everyone on this site luck and happiness. I am truly blessed, even with the hardship I had to endure. Good Luck!
I just want to know how to deal with a miscarriage.. I had a miscarriage on feb 13, 2012 I was only 5 weeks preg. but I had been trying for many years to have a baby and this preg. was a tatol surprise never even expected I had gotten pregnant I even thought I couldnt have any babies.  But now Im so confuse on how to feel and every one tells me every thing happenes for a reason but I cant understand those resons and I feel like no one around me understands how I feel.
I am very sorry for your loss. I think people say everything happens for a reason because there is NO good reason to lose a child, no matter how early. I do believe that if it's meant to be it will happen. I had two miscarriages and lost a twin and still wonder why and how I will get through it. But every day gets better and you need that one person to help pull you through. This seems like a sign of hope! You are in my prayers.
Hi Abi,

I'm new to this forum thing and have been reading this page for awhile. I've read your message and felt I should reply.

I've been typing you a message of my story to help you feel not alone and I've just burst into tears so I'm sorry the story wont be shared but know that you can feel any way you want. Friends say 'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger', 'It's wasn't meant to be', 'When it's right it'll happen'... now you and I both know all that and appreciate their support and encouragement but I've never ovulated. I've been told I'm infertile, I honestly thought I couldn't not have a baby and to find out that I am pregnant (about 5 weeks) and that there is no heartbeat all within 90mins, I'm devasted! Boo to you and you words, I want to feel very upset. Because I am.

I want you to know that you are not alone. I don't know where in the world you are but we're on the same planet and that counts to know we can be upset and happy together.

I'm not telling you how to feel, I'm saying you should feel what ever you feel and embrace those feelings. My husband is too very upset and we talk a lot. It's OK to be confused. I'm still in shock (it happened 4 days ago) and I can tell you confusion, unfairness and loss are just the first three feelings that come to mind.

I send you big big big hugs and love and light and really hope this helps x Just know you do what is best for you and you look after you so when the next time comes around you're healthy, happy and ready x I know I need to look after myself now. (stress is the worst. don't allow it in.)

xxx Love ECOD xxx
PS Love to all of you out there too x I'm sorry and thank you for sharing, it's helped x
Is it true that after a miscarriage you are more fertile than before?? I had m/c on April first n we kept trying soon after that. I'm now 14 days late for my period but all the pregnancy test I have recently taken are negative.  Could it be that I ovulated late or what could it be ???
I had a miscarriage on 2/27/12.  The bleeding lasted for about 7 days.  I stopped bleeding for 2 days, then bled for about a month straight.  Then, I stopped for 2 or 3 days, and continued to bleed again. I went to the doc on 4/11/12, and the US showed nothing - everything was fine.  I stopped bleeding then for a week, and since, have been bleeding every other week.  I have not ovulated at all.  I went to the doc 6/12/12, and my pregnancy hormone was down to a 3. I had a terrible period that week, and actually passed something - doc thinks it may have been the rest of the miscarriage.  I basically miscarried for 3 1/2 months with no D & C or meds. Doc did nothing... I still have not ovulated.  I feel like I should get a new doctor?  Any help with this would be appreciated!
Sorry for everyone's loss. I had a tubal reversal the first week in April of this year. Starting in the month of June, I felt pregnant and only got sick one day. I took pregnancy tests every week on Tuesday & Saturday mornings. They were all negative. I knew I was pregnant (after already having four children) but was just waiting on a positive result. In June, I had a light bleeding for about 2 1/2 days. I thought maybe that was a side effect from my reversal in April. I was craving weird things but didn't have any other symptoms. In July, the day that my period suppose to have started, I woke up wet with sweat. I ran to the bathroom with a test in hand. After about 5 minutes it showed a positive. I just started thanking God and ran back and called my husband. I started going to the doctor right away because deep down inside I felt something wasn't right. My doctor started to monitor my hcg levels because my ultrasound was showing a very early pregnancy. After about a going to bloodwork every two days, I miscarried 2 weeks after finding out I was pregnant. I was getting ready for work and started having pain. I layed down in bed thinking that it will pass. Tried getting up and couldn't. Called my husband and he rushed me to the hospital only for my doctor to tell me that he felt it was going to happen and didn't have the heart to tell me the day before. I didn't bleed out or anything just had alot of pain. I was given one dose in two shot of a mediccation that they use for cancer paitents that flushed me naturally. But the pain was worst than the actual miscarriage. Two weeks later I felt better and no pain and the doctor gave use the green light to try again. I just started my 1st period today since my miscarriage. I pray it is just the spotting from the sperm meeting with the egg. Good look to everyone.
I had a miscarriage on 9/17/12 i only bleed for a week. Its been 2 weeks since the miscarriage. Should i wait longer or try to have another baby now.
I too had an early miscarriage (no D&C).  My doctor said that we can start trying again whenever we feel ready. She reassured me that this is very common and in no way makes me more likely to miscarry again.  The bleeding has stopped after a week now, and I am wondering if I will ovulate this month. From the posts it looks like it is likely!  Good luck to you all.
I  had a miscarriage and D&C on 28 February 2013, I tested pregnant on 30 July 2013, on the 1st August 2013, I started bleeding and on the 9th September 2013, I had onother D&C.  it took me 4 months to get pregnant again yet I had a miscarriage
I misscarry 7/20 and its no 9/29 & my hcg is 11 its dropping can I still get pregnant even with hcg in my system I was told I ovulated and should bleed around 9/20 but no bleed hcg still droppin
Viewing 201-207 comments: