Ovulation after stillbirth
I have been diagnosed with PCOS, was prescribed Clomid, used for 1 year, nothing happened. Advised to loose some weight, so lost 42 pounds. Used 50mg of clomid and conceived first time.

At 8 1/2 I had a bleed, I was told it was because I had a "heart shaped uterus" and was loosing blood from "right horn". Everything was fine until 27 weeks, lost my son. Had a scan, no fetal h/b found, then iduced 3 days later 15th September 2003. Awaiting Dr's report 5th Nov.

These are my questions, 1 how soon would I be able to get pregnant again? 2 Very heavy blood loss for 3wks and then nothing. A week after, brown discharge what could this be? 3 A very bad "stitch" for 4 hours, could this have been an ovulation pain? blood stained clear mucus is this normal after childbirth, or is this ovulation ? 4 about week Before our sons heartbeat stopped, I thought I was loosing urine,but was quite alot,I have read that if you have Strep B you can loose some fluid that surrounds the baby, is this true? and could this have been what I was loosing,not urine?

I hope you have answers for the above, and hope you can reply soon, and put my mind at ease.

Thank you Paula

Paula I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you are getting the support you need. What do the doctors seem to think about a heart-shaped uterus and what was the cause? I do know after delivering your system needs a while to start ovulating again. It might be a little too early to put your body under the stress of pregnancy. I have a son of 10 and after delivery it took a good 2 months before my system was back to normal. Your uterus is most likely trying to shrink and with this many twinges, discharge, and old blood may show. If you want to know if you are ovulating, try one of those ov. tests. I lost my pregnancy at 10 weeks and tried the ov. test just to see if I was back to normal, and I wasn't. I never ovulated. My system must still be in shock. As far as the strep B goes I do not know much about this. I wish you the best and keep us posted.**God Bless**
I am very sorry for your loss--stillbirth is one of the most tragic things that can happen to a family.

You will expect your period roughly 4-8 weeks after delivery.  You can ovulate at any time during that period.  Now might not be the best time to get pregnant--most recommend waiting at least 3 months to give your body and uterus time to heal, and your emotional self time to grieve your lost child.  

Are your doctors recommending any repair for your uterus?  
Have you had tests to see the extent of the problem?

Group B strep won't necessarily lead to the loss of fluid you described--but it can be a factor so far as chorioamnionitis or infection of the membranes surrounding the baby.  Sometimes this infection can be a factor in preterm delivery or loss.  There is not a way to treat it per se, though.  This is a bacteria that is normally found in many womens reproductive tracts--very rarely does it cause problems, but recommendations are to give antibiotics during labor to help decrease the chances of neonatal infection even more.  

I wish you the best/
Dear Paula,

I am very sorry for your loss.  I delivered at 20 weeks a baby boy on September 17, 2003. The doctor does not have a reason why.  All test came back normal.  It took my husband and I 6 years to get pg.  

Our doctor also wanted us to wait at least 6 months before trying, however, I disagreed with him.  This week is (hopefully) our fertile week.  I do have the bloodish thick discharge.  (I don't know if I am ovulating)

I wish you luck and I will say a prayer for you!

Sincerely Cindy