Maternal & Child Community
PAIN DURING AROUSAL

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

PAIN DURING AROUSAL

My pain is not during intercourse, but before. As soon as I start becoming aroused, I feel this very strong ache in my genitals. My vaginal entrance and clitoris are not sensitive to the touch, rather the pain seems to be coming from somewhere deep inside. It gets stronger and stronger the longer foreplay goes on, until it becomes quite painful and makes me want to avoid getting aroused at all. Any ideas?
LORD HAVE MERCY.....that has to be awful.  I don't know.  I've never experienced it but I can't imagine it's something serious....maybe it's a hormonal thing.  You know your body wanting to procreate?
I DON'T KNOW. I WENT TO 4 DIFFERENT DOCTORS AND THEY COULD NOT HELP ME.
I have exactly the same thing. It is a dull ache. I just assummed it was similar to what men call "blue balls" sorry TMI<.
I think it is the blood rush to the area. Mine is relieved only after orgasm. So I still have intercourse, it isn't excruciating pain, then I have the orgasm and it's gone. Very weird. You don't have endometriosis do you? Do you regularly orgasm?
I bet hormonal.  Are you pregnant, how far along are you?
I don't have endometriosis. And I regularly orgasm. And you right once I orgasm the pain is gone. I am trying to get pregnant (I had done 3 IVFs and I misscaried at 16w and 8w and did not get pregnant last time)and when I was pregnant and getting aroused and had pain I am afraid it was hurting my pregnency. I did all kind of tests including laparoscopy and doctors still do not know what causing it.
I am not sure if you'll get back to read this post again, but I just wanted to say this is very weird. I BD last night and again had the same pain. Does it feel achy around the vagina, very low, like almost the sides of your legs ( the major labia)? Or deeper inside? Everytime I ask the doctor he says its normal arousal blood flow. It just doesn't seem to normal to have that much pain. And I don't know anyone else who has it. Unless they just don't talk about it. I had two kids with no problems even with this pain, so it didn't affect them. Good Luck and keep me posted if you ever hear anything else! I do have adenomyosis and endo, but the dr. said it isn't related.
I am eight weeks pregnant (first pregnancy) and for the last two weeks have been experiencing the exact same pain upon arousal.  I have also decribed it as "blue balls" when talking to my husband about it.  It is definitely deep inside, like horrible cramps all over.  I have tried to totally avoid arousal as I was worried about the effect on the baby.  I am glad to know that the pain will subside upon orgasm and that others have experienced the same issue with healthy babies.  Will this last the entire pregnancy or does it get better after the first trimester?
I am so relieved that I am not alone on this situation. I am 34 years old and started having this pain about 3 years ago after my last pregnancy. I have discussed this with my doctor and they just seem not to know how to diagnose this strange pain. Mine is definitely during the arousal time, but the more I am aroused it gets stronger and then subsides but the pain is very dull and achy around my labia. its almost like its the muscles around it and it totally gets me out mood. It is very frustrating I pray that research is in the making..Good luck to you women I FEEL YOUR PAIN...:)
I have this exact same thing and it has absolutely nothing to do with being pregnant, I am a gay woman so unless I got abducted by space aliens per that scenariop otherwise not possible. The more aroused I get the harder and less sensation I have in my clitoris and the muscles in the pubic area feels very tight and constricted, I am in excellent physical condition otherwise, zero circulation problems... quite the contrary, post menopausal with Bio-identical hormone replacement. I will be having this assessed next week
I am 36 and have been having the same pain for about 4 years now. it seems to get worst as time passes. My guess is there is some malfunction with the glands in the vagina, but all I can find on that are cyst problems and I know I don't have any. Did anyone get any answers?
It's so relieving to hear of others w/ this... I've been really concerned. My pain feels like a deep ache in the labia, inside, and clitoris and has always been relieved by orgasm till one instance recently when it worsened after intercourse and was almost unbearable. Then during an arousing dream the pain woke me up and was awful too. Thankfully, things seem better today but I still don't know what it is. Much like others mine came on a couple years after my first child was born. Both children were by c-section delivery though no pushing. I was thinking tonight maybe it's a nerve thing from compression during pregnancy??? Just a thought. I do also have severely poor circulation too and have had numerous issues pretty much throughout my body from it - so who knows? Gonna see my GYN soon to discuss it. Good luck all!
Has anyone had a hystorectomy and found relief?  That is what my wife's doctor is recommending. She also suffers from endometriosis.