Maternal & Child Community
PAMPERS VS HUGGIES POLL

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

PAMPERS VS HUGGIES POLL

WHAT DO U THINK IS A BETTER DIAPER I SAY PAMPERS I STARTED OFF WITH SWADDLERS NOW I JUST BOUGHT BABY DRY JUST TO TRY IT OUT I HAD HUGGIES THEY ARE HARD N -AMPERS ARE SOFT AND MY SON DOESNT GET A RASH FROM IT WATCHA THINK
I am a Pampers user ALTHOUGH now that DD is 15mo's I use Huggies night times because she wet's the bed with a normal diaper.
I like LUVS! lol But would use Pampers if I had to choose between Pampers or Huggies.
Pampers!!!
Swaddlers are the best, but pricier so until now we've only used them at night when dd goes 10-12 hours without a change. i am thinking of switching to swaddlers full-time because they handle her watery stools better than any diaper. babydry are also good and we use them when not using swaddlers. i hated huggies.
oh yea- when i asked my friends when i was pregnant, it seemed moms with girls preferred pampers, and moms with boys preferred huggies. so when we answer, why not say what you have. i have a girl, and we like pampers.
thats funny tiredbuthappy....I have 2 boys and I swear by huggies...lol
HUGGIES by far!! (I have a boy too)
I loved the pampers, my daughter always leaked when I put Huggies on her. I agree with tiredbuthappy I have noticed the same thing with friends and family. Everyone with girls used pampers and with boys used huggies.
I like huggies because they fit around my daughters super chubby thighs.  Pampers are box shaped.  however, I did like pampers when she was a newborn, the swaddlers were the only ones that were small enough then.  Now that she's a chunk, I love huggies!  Really, I'll just buy whatever's on sale and I'm not anti Luvs either!
Huggies!!!  I used them on both of my  kiddos- 1 boy and 1 girl!!
I love pampers I have 3 girls and 1 boy and all of them got rashes on every brand but pampers!! I really think they absorb much better and keep there skin dry!!  
PAMPERS. I started with them and hated them, so i switched to huggies for a few good months and then we would be in the store and my daughters diapers would leak through her pants and on to the flow, it was really weird. So we switched back to pampers and id never go back!
Wow, i meant to say FLOOR  dont know what i was thinking,
I liked the Pampers when my little one was a newborn, then switched to Huggies when he was older. I liked the Huggies better for older babies.
Pampers.   I have a boy and a girl, and prefer them for both!
Huggies!  I tried Pampers (with DD) and they did not work for us (can't recall the exact reason, though :(
PAMPERS!! I tried huggies (and I have a boy) and the huggies always leaked. Pampers are by far the best I think for my son.
I mostly use Pampers, but received some Huggies as a gift and liked them, too! I hate Luv's though. My son leaks through them like MAD!!!
PAMPERS for a girl!  They are way softer...the only diapers she has leaked through were huggies.
I say that I love the feel and smell of pampers, but the cost is a little more here (I think), so I buy huggies.  That is just what we are used to buying.  I dont care for luvs, and sometimes we have to buy the off brand (WhiteCloud, and others like that, has anyone ever heard of that brand?) and my son is allergic to the parents choice (walmart brand).  
I prefer Huggies and I have a baby boy. I remember I preferred them even for my girls too though. But I use Luvs the most---they are cheaper and almost as good. I bought some Costco brand diapers (Kirkland) and I HATE THEM! They fill up like a balloon and are all squishy even with only one or two pees.Much less can they last through the night. I will never buy those again. Maybe Pampers are better than they were 17 years ago when I used them with my first daughter---I remember I hated them. But they seem to be the preferred diaper here.
My DD is allergic to White Cloud and Luvs.  She gets a really bad rash.  I use both huggies and Pampers, but  I don't like the regular Huggies (only the baby dry).  Also with wipes, she breaks out with Huggies sensitive wipes, but has no problems with Pampers sensitives.  
I love the softness of the Pampers Swaddlers.  They hold my son pretty good but the Pampers Baby Dry will not hold him through the night.  I recently tried the Huggies and they held him pretty good.  White Cloud and Wal-Mart brand are hard and didn't hold well.  I got some as gifts.  So, to get rid of them I used them during the day and used the swaddlers at night.  I buy Pampers Swaddlers or Huggies....which ever one I have a coupon for.  A bag of stage 2 with about 80 in them cost around $20 here in the mid-west, USA.
pampers all the way for me!!!
I don't like the sweet smell of Pampers.  Huggies don't seem to have much of a small.
Smell...I mean Huggies don't have a strong smell.
We use LUVS, mostly because they are cheaper but still the "quality" diapers. But now I'm thinking that may not be the case. Brody (son) leaks out the back and has what we call a "blowout" nearly every time he has a BM. He is breastfed and has runny BM's, but would Pamper's or Huggies prevent this? We haven't tried. Now I'm thinking it may not be worth the $3 we save. Does anybody else have a breastfed son who has blowouts in other diapers?? I didn't even think it was the LUVS, just thought it was the runny BM's he has! DUH...
I love pampers! They rock, they were the only diaper my son didnt leak thru!
I've used both, with my oldest DD she had a reaction to pampers so I used LUVS & Huggies with her but my other two I used pampers mostly...first the swaddlers then the cruisers and onto the pampers brand of pull ups.  The huggies do run a close second for me tho.
I don't know if you do this, but a LOT of parents don't fold the top part of the diaper down in the front and back when putting it on.  I ALWAYS did that.  I acted kind of like a lip to catch everything.  If you don't already, try that.  LUVS didn't used to have an elastic waist band if they still don't, try a diaper that does and fold down the top flap in front and back.  
I will have to try that and see if it helps. My sis in law also told me to get the next size up instead too. Haven't tried that because 4's seem HUGE.
Pampers if his older (walking etc).  Huggies definitely if it's a boy.  for some reason my boy van wee through a pampers!!  Hasn't happened with Huggies.
HUGGIES- for my newborn boy, we have had soaking wet accidents w/ only the Pamper Swaddler's. Don't know the difference, but we've had no breakthrus w/ the Huggies.
HUGGIES. i have picked him up out of the crib soaking wet with both pampers and huggies but less often with the huggies and during the day when i change his diaper, the huggies tend to be less heavy and weighed down when wet.
I breastfeed too.  I use Pampers & Huggies and have had "blow outs" in both.  My little guy is 4 mos and may go 2 or 3 days now before he has a good BM.  Believe me, it is too much for any diaper to hold because of being so runny.  The good thing is, since he isn't on any solids yet it still doesn't smell so bad that you can't breathe.  Just keep lots of wipes on hand and a change of clothes.  Speaking of wipes, I think the Huggies are the best.
PAMPERS SWADDLERS ALL THE WAY!! I have a girl and I tried the Huggies and I hated them. She seems to leak through them all the time. :-)
That's what I was thinking. The poops are runny no matter what. He hasn't had solids yet, either so like you said, the smell isn't bad. We can't even tell by smell when there is a poopy diaper! That's why the blowouts are usually pretty bad because the smell isn't there and we'll go to pick him up and whoa! It's all over his back. Fun stuff to clean up, too! I expect this to change in a few weeks once we start solids but we shall see! Oh, and I love the Huggies wipes too. It's all we use. I love the Green Tea and Cucumber ones. They smell so fresh.
I loved Pampers Swaddlers for my son when he was little, then switched over to Huggies because we hated the Pampers "Cruisers"... had too many diaper blow-outs with them.  I saw now that Pampers Swaddlers has a new Size 2-3 (14-22lbs) coming out on the market; which I remember asking myself back then why they didn't just keep making Swaddlers all the way through?

We tried the "Luvs" brand, too, despite getting warned by other moms in my "Mommy & Me" playgroup that they don't work.  Big mistake and lots of extra laundry for us.  We also tried the generic brand from Costco and had the same problem.
I have 2 girls, and think pampers swaddlers and pampers cruisers are the best.  My 4 month old still has an occasional blow out in them, but with huggies she has a blow out every single time!  If I have to get huggies for some reason, then I think the huggies supreme are better than the regular huggies.  I do like the huggies wipes better than pampers wipes.  However, I started to buy just the generic store brands, and they work just fine too.  As long as they are unscented, I haven't had too much of a problem.  I like the generics at safeway...the target ones are a little too wet.  Oh, and I have never tried Luvs diapers or generic.  My friend uses the costco brand, and I noticed that when her baby was wet, the diaper smelled funny to me, so I never bought them for us.
dd has those blowouts too- everytime. if we hear the poop we literally run to the changing table. my newest trick helps a little- as i run with her a strip her pants off and undo her onsie. i did that the other day. i heard the poop, grabbed her, and as i ran got her pants off. as i was walking up the stairs i literally saw the poop creep up and spill out the top of her diaper. i think it's so runny the diapers just never get a chance to absorb it. the swaddlers seem to be the best at absorbing, but i think they only go up to size 2. our biggest problem is her "stealthy poops"- the ones you don't hear or smell. those have been known to end up as high as her shoulder! i'm still trying to convince daycare that dd does not have diarrhea- this is her norm. i think i'll have a heart attack the day i see a solid poo.
i think i'll try losingmymind's suggestion and fold down the top. i don't see it stopping the leak, but maybe it'll slow it down???
I have found the swaddlers in size 2-3, which is bigger than just size 2, but smaller than the cruisers size 3.  I'm not sure why Pampers  did that, but I use those for my baby.  I can only find them at certain stores though.  I have found them at Safeway, and have seen them once at babies r us.  I've never looked online for them though, so you might find them at some other store that way.
I have to vote Pampers for Nadezdha.
LOL...I hear ya! I go running when I hear the explosion too, trying to rip the clothes off before it's all over but sometimes I'm not as lucky. Just yesterday, he was squirming around as I was trying to nurse him. I kept asking him why he was being so wiggly but as I tried to reposition him, I put my hand in something wet. I didn't even hear him do it but it was all over everywhere, almost even up by his head! It was in his blanket-just everywhere! But no smell (: If I had to pinpoint a smell, it's almost like plain yogurt. The thing I notice also is that even though they are mustardy yellow, none of his clothes have been stained in the back, so it comes out well, too. Hurray for breastmilk! Funny you say you are trying to convince daycare she doesn't have diarrhea. I thought Brody may have had short gut syndrome or diarrhea because his poops were so runny. Even my sis in law thought something was wrong but I contacted the doctor and I was told it's completely normal to have runny stools until they have solids.
Only a bunch of Mom's can hold this type of conversation. Who woulda thought a diaper question could get 40-50 responses?? (:
with my now 3-yr old, i used huggies, and even now use thier pull-ups, but now, with my 11-wk old, i love pampers with him...  we started with pampers swaddlers (free from hosp), then used huggies sizes 1 and 2, but they always leaked when he stooled (exclusively breastfed, so you know how those first weeks stools can run!)... now, i use strictly pampers and i love them... i guess it all depends on the child...

lol jenshim... you are so correct...
Okay, you gave it the smell of yogurt.  I think of cake batter.  That sweet smell, lol!  My DS went so bad the other day it was all the way up in is onesie and all the way down the leg of his sleeper....YUK!  Hubbie tried to hold him in a standing position while I pulled clothes off.  Once diaper was off he starting peeing on my hubbie.  We both just  laughed and laughed and when we looked at the baby, he was looking back at us smiling ear to ear.  Gotta love them!!
We have tried both with our DD. She is now 2 1/2 mos old. We are sticking with the Huggies for now but she has had major blow outs with both. We do have a pack of the Pampers 2-3 that we will try as well. My friends were the opposite as what people said in the beginning. Pampers for Boys and Huggies for girls. Pampers are lighter and smell better but I like the fit of Huggies.
when addison was in preemie diapers the swaddlers were the best, they are smaller than huggies.  i prefer huggies now they seem softer. i tried the babies r us diapers and they are like cardboard, will just keep them for emergencies lol.  i will probably try some others when she gets into the size 1 diapers.  addison was 5lb2oz born, down to 4lbs10 or less at the hospitol, and today is a whopping 7lbs10oz!! she likes to eat haha.  breastmilk seems to be making her nice and chunky monkey
I use Seventh Generation Diapers. Non-chlorinated. Better for the environment, excellent protection even when they start sleeping through the night. Not 1 diaper rash and my daughter is 2. Good deals for all diapers on 1800diapers.com
Huggies with both my boys although I do use papers with my eldest sometimes if I can't get hold of the bigger size in Huggies. My youngest is allergic to the fragrance that they seem to put in pampers.
If I am at Costco I buy thier Kirkland brand; they are almost identical to huggies, I am sure huggies must make them for them and you get more per box than you do with the huggies. Unfortunately they don't do the size 6 in the Kirkland brand.
i like pampers..for my little girl i used huggies for the first week and she got a real bad rash.. so pampers diapers n sensitive wipes are the best!!
My daughter was 3 lbs 14 oz when she was born...went down to 3 lbs 9 oz at the hospital.  We bought both Huggies and Pampers preemie diapers for her.  Because she was so skinny she leaked out of her Huggies 99% of the time...or so we thought that was why!  She never once leaked out of her Pampers.  So I saved the Huggies until she got a little bigger and they still weren't as nice as the Pampers Swaddlers.  I'm staying with Pampers!  The hospital also used Pampers.
i say i like pampers better then huggies my son got a rash when i try him on huggies so to this day i still use pampers and i just had another baby and i have him on pampers
huggies here
Your story about your baby peeing on yur husband made me laugh out loud. SO CUTE!! I can just picture him smiling ear to ear after peeing all over his daddy. Like he's satisfied with himself or something, although he has no idea what he even did.That's so funny!
im a pampers mommy user lol
Hey, how are you.  I don't get on her much anymore.  I miss chatting with you.  How are things going for you?  Things are going good here.  My DS is a very high maintenance baby.  He doesn't like being put down at all.  I am afraid I have created my own little spoiled monster, lol!  That's okay, I love holding him and when I am not holding him I am looking at him constantly.  It is not long and he will be walking before I know it and won't want held all the time.  So I have to enjoy while I can. :0)
I know--I miss talking to you too! I don't get on a lot either. Your baby sounds a lot like mine--mine LOVES to be held and won't be happy very long if he's not getting one-on-one attention. And like you, I fear I created the problem by holding him so much in the beginning. We have a large family, and so he was literally being held constantly in the beginning. And so he got used to that, and wants to always be with someone. But you have a great attitude about it---it's so true; they will be walking too soon and then we may even wish for those days when they wanted to be held all the time.
You are such a great mom with really good insights. I always get the feeling from your posts that your children are extremely loved and wanted. Lucky kids!! :)
Thanks so much.  I think we do click.  I would love to talk with you more.  You have a large family....wow, you are blessed.  I want more children.  Hopefully we can have more before my clock quits ticking.  My little guy is sitting here chewing on one of my hands while I one finger type with the other.....takes awhile to post.  I was hoping to hear back from you.