PCOS Question
Good Morning, all...I went to the dr. on Tuesday so he could give me the results of my blood work and u/s I had done last week. He said by looking at my b.w., he does not think I've ovulated (last AF was 8/11) and my u/s showed no signs of cysts & everything looks to be normal. But he thinks I may have cysts inside of my ovaries, which could be the cause of the pain I've been experiencing on my left side. So his conclusion is that I either have PCOS or endometriosis. For now he is calling it PCOS because in order for him to diagnose me w/ endo., he would have to do surgery. The next step for us to take is when I start my period, he is going to put me on clomid to hopefully make me "o". My cycles were lasting 48 days, but today is cd 49 and still no sign of AF. He didn't give me any info. on PCOS, or any meds so I was wondering for those of you who have PCOS, does this sound like that's what it is, and what experiences have you had w/ it?

Thanks!!!!
Angie
Sounds like PCOS to me. I have it. Do you have any other symptoms of it (overweight but mainly abdominal fat, irregular body hair growth (chin, chest, knuckles)?

Good news is- if it is PCOS 75% of women trying to conceive that do (or can be made to with medication) ovulate get pregnant...Clomid is the drug of choice, but Bailee5 got pregnant her first cycle with a drug called Femara (is typically a breast cancer drug- but since it blocks estrogen receptors in your brain it can have an effect on ovulation too). I've read a ton on PCOS...what most experts say is that even a 5-10% reduction in body weight in an overweight PCOS patient can cause ovulation to resume.

I'd been trying to conceive for 3 years before I finally went to a doctor...I got pregnant after losing 30lbs in 6 weeks with diet and exercise alone. I miscarried, and then my doctor put me on Clomid...I tried that for 2 months and it didn't work for me- I didn't have it in me to keep trying though, and gave up. My point is- it's a long hard road, but there is hope!!! :o)
How are you doing? Did you go to the lab yet?
I went to the lab and had blood work.  Dr. Said my number was 15 don't know exactly what that means but i gues it meant af is coming soon because that night af came and is worse than i ever had in my life.  Really bad cramps and Heavy heavy bright red blood.  I called my doctor the next day and she said ok if i don't stop the bright red blood in 3 day's to come in.
I was diagnosed with PCOS about three years ago, but I never had any pain associated with it. However, my mother had serious problems with endometriosis and she did have some pain with it. My main symptoms were a lack of period for ten months and weight gain. This was due to insulin resistance and an increase in testosterone. I have been taking Metformin (aka glucophage). It is a medication for people with type 2 diabetes and it has greatly help me manage the problem. Have your doctor check your insulin and hormone levels. A couple of books you might want to check out are: "PCOS a Woman's Guide to Dealing with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome" and "PCOS Diet Book" both by Colette Harris. Good luck!