Maternal & Child Community
PREGNANCY AFTER ECTOPIC

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

PREGNANCY AFTER ECTOPIC

Okay...I found out last Tues. that I had an ectopic pregnancy. The reason they found it was that I had a cyst the size of a tennis ball on my right ovary, so when they went to remove that, they found the ectopic in my left tube. I already knew I had miscarried and had been bleeding for 2months. So i had emergency surgery last tues, they removed the ectopic, drained the cyst and did a d & c. i have two questions for anyone...has anyone gotten pregnant after an ectopic? and how long did you wait? My doctor said to wait 3 months. Also, I am still bleeding since the surgery..is this normal after all of that and how long will it last? Any help would be great. im 23, this was our first pregnancy..and im still very emotional..i was very much looking forward to being a mom...hopefully i will be back to normal soon.thanks to anyone who responds! :)
I AM PREGNANT IN MY TUBE NOW, WAITING FOR MY HCG LEVEL TO DROP, MY DOC TOLD ME TO WAIT FOR 6 MONTHS AND COME BACK IN, IN NOV TO CHECK AND SEE IF MY TUBE WAS OPEN BEFORE TRYING AGAIN ( SOME TYPE OF DYE TEST) MAYBE YOU SHOULD THAT FIRST.
I had an ectopic pregnancy and had it removed last Sept 25,05.
My Dr recommended to wait for two menstrual periods which I did. My LMP was Nov the 18 and I am now 24 weeks pregnant. The first period though was the most painful to the point of calling and bugging the Dr for pain medicine, the next was OK. I suggest you visit www.ectopic.org. There are interesting stories of women who are going through this at this moment and this website is what got me through. Be strong, it will get better. I promise. Prayers to you.
hi, I am new here.  Just to let you know I had an ectopic after my first born and I had a successful pregt after.  She is beautiful.  It took a while for me but everyone is different.  I even got preg again  but sadly had d&c in April.  The good news now is I am pretty sure I am pregnant again.So here is a question for you or everyone who mite know someone who got preg right after a d&c,  If I am blessed here, any suggestions to help it stick?  Im worried about the uterine lining.  Thanks and keep positive, I read lots that women do have babies after ectopic just be closely monitored.  Your hcg levels and vag ultrasounds as early as day 1 after you miss you period  Trust me, I only have one tube, (and I got preg twice)
I had an ectopic in 2002, had endometriosi,s and polyps.  I was/am considered high risk and guess what----I am 21 weeks pregnant with a very healthy girl.  As some of the others say on this forum....never give up hope trying.  I thought it would never happen to me--to the point where we just told people we are okay without kids, especially since we can't have any.  Proved everyone wrong!