Maternal & Child Community
PREGNANT 31 WEEKS HAVING PELVIC PAIN

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

PREGNANT 31 WEEKS HAVING PELVIC PAIN

I AM HAVING PRESSURE PAIN IN MY PELVIC AREA THAT HURTS WHEN I WALK AND THE PAIN RUNS DOWN MY LEG AND IN MY LOWER BACK, I AM OK IF I SIT BUT AS SOON AS I START TO TRY TO WALK IT HURTS AND THE ONLY WAY FOR ME TO WALK IS TO STAND FOR A LITTLE BIT BEFORE I MOVE. I CAN FEEL THE BABY MOVING FINE, I WAS TOLD THAT MAYBE HE IS ON MY PELVIC BONE AND THATS WHATS CAUSING THE PAIN AND PRESSURE, I JUST WANT TO MAKE SURE ITS NOT ANYTHING MAJOR, I DIDNT HAVE THIS WITH MY OTHER CHILD AND IT DOES CONCERN ME
I had that with every baby.  No med professional could tell me what it was.  It hurt like crazy and even to put on pants or lift my legs for any reason.  Someone suggested it might be psyatica nerve.  (I know I didnt spell that right) but I dont know.  
Good news though!- it went away IMMEDIATELY after giving birth!
I am 28 wks today and have had the same pain for about three weeks.  It's killing me, I know how you feel.  I think it's that nerve the baby is pressing on.  Today was a really bad day, it hurt me to sit, stand, and walk.  I heard it only gets worse and won't go away.  I still have along ways to go.  Someone suggested a pregnancy massage, someone else said a heating pad.  I haven't tried either yet.  Good luck, let us know if you find anything.
I am 25 weeks and I am having pelvic bone pain too. I have have pain for a long time. Pain is mainly towards the right side of the pelvic and the pain travels to buttoks and to the thighs. Pain is so bad sometimes that it gets hard to turn in bed. My OB said it's the sciatic nerve getting pushed. Also if the baby's head is pushing the pelvic area you also get the pain. I just can't wait for this pain to go away. Try using heating pax around the area of pain. I understand your pain, I am going through the same.
the pain is awful it shoots up you and in your butt and around your pelvic area, Im also having braxton hicks contractions,I cant wait to have Christopher my body is crying out to me! this is my third child and I didn't feel like this with sofi or katlyn, but all pregnacies are different I guess, my ob did mention that he dropped into the pelvic area but cervix is still thick.Its too early anyway the longer the better for him! good luck to all expecting mommies!
I have been having this pain in my right butt cheek for about a week and a half. It hurts soo bad. When I walk, when I sit down and when I change sides while laying down. It feels like I fell from a 2 story building and landed on my butt! I sleep on my right side the most (because my left side makes me nauseous and if I lay on my back too long I get dizzy) so I wonder if it has something to do with that or what. I'm 32weeks and 5 days. I'm going to try the heating pad and see how that goes. If you ladies find out anything else please post it or let me know. I'll do the same.
this is my 4 kid and im 31 weeks ive been having the same problome my self from my last two kids this one is really bad so i went on line and serched it out this is what it said. hope it helps you best of luck to all of you

When you enlist in the pregnancy corps, your tour of duty is sure to include at least some activity on the pelvic front. But it sounds like you're experiencing more than you signed up for.

Symphysis pubic dysfunction, or SPD, is a relatively common (but uncommonly painful) pregnancy condition. It's caused by a relaxation of the ligaments that normally keep the two sides of the pelvic bone tightly bound together at the symphysis pubis, the joint in the pubic area. (The culprit here is the hormone relaxin, which softens those joints to give baby an easier path out into the world.) Sometimes, the ligaments loosen too much and quite early in pregnancy (symptoms may start around the middle of pregnancy) causing instability in the pelvic joint. One side might shift more than the other when you are walking or just moving your legs — especially if you separate them, as you would to get out of your car — causing a world of hurt. (In rarer cases, the joint may gape apart noticeably — a condition called diastasis symphysis pubis). Bearing any weight, in fact — or even trying to roll over in bed — will cause tremendous pain in the pelvis (the pubic bone will be sore to the touch), groin, hips, and sometimes the buttocks. The pain can travel down the inner thighs, and you may feel a clicking or grinding when you move. And standing on one leg? Torture.

Pelvic support belts, which corset the bones back into place, can offer relief. Pelvic exercises like Kegels and pelvic tilts can also strengthen the muscles of the pelvis to stabilize those floppy bones. Sitting down to get dressed, taking steps one at a time, and avoiding heavy lifting and pushing may help. If the pain is severe enough, ask your practitioner about pain relievers (though don't take any medications unless specifically prescribed by your practitioner). Rest assured, once your baby is born, relaxin production will cease and the joint will firm up again, easing your discomfort.